Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Canucks interested in Brown, Kings made offer for Nash and Carter, Travis Moen unavailable

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
231 replies to this topic

#121 billabong

billabong

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

so you want to give up our rookie whose going to be our franchise player for brown? look at the stats Brown 14 goals 17 assist 31 points +6 43 pim TOI 20:21 Hodgson 16 goals 17 assist 33 points +9 8 pim TOI 12:47

well you have your opinion but Hodgson will be a better player he's learning how to play in his end at this level and is doing he's a plus player and has the whole package except he doesn't hit

whoa whoa whoa whoa.....people have voiced their opinions but do you really think hodgson will be a "franchise" player? you are saying hodgson will be a 80+ point player year in and year out, captain material (im not saying he isnt), play against the other teams best shutdown players, and have the capabilities to put a nhl team on his shoulders and take them to the cup....if hodgson was playing in toronto you wouldnt be saying this about him....
Posted Image

#122 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

For Brown:

Raymond
Schroeder
2nd

Tops.
Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

#123 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

whoa whoa whoa whoa.....people have voiced their opinions but do you really think hodgson will be a "franchise" player? you are saying hodgson will be a 80+ point player year in and year out, captain material (im not saying he isnt), play against the other teams best shutdown players, and have the capabilities to put a nhl team on his shoulders and take them to the cup....if hodgson was playing in toronto you wouldnt be saying this about him....

he will be a franchise player and he might be the future canucks captain and he probably will hit 80 points in the future and do sedins shutdown other team best players? not comparing coho to the sedins but he will be this team franchise player and one player can't put a team on his shoulder and take them to the cup ... if hodgson was playing in Toronto he would be getting praised all the time ...

#124 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

For Brown:

Raymond
Schroeder
2nd

Tops.

what about taking schroder out and adding a first or third round pick would that work?

#125 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

For Brown:

Raymond
Schroeder
2nd

Tops.

Raymond
Rodin
1st

IMHO of course.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#126 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Raymond
Rodin
1st

IMHO of course.

Raymond
Rodin
1st

IMHO of course.

I think a 2nd will due. No need to give up our first.
Posted Image

#127 billabong

billabong

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

he will be a franchise player and he might be the future canucks captain and he probably will hit 80 points in the future and do sedins shutdown other team best players? not comparing coho to the sedins but he will be this team franchise player and one player can't put a team on his shoulder and take them to the cup ... if hodgson was playing in Toronto he would be getting praised all the time ...

i dont think you read what i said very clearly....i said if he was playing the same in toronto YOU wouldnt be calling him a franchise player....

i said play "against" not shutdown the other teams best players

you took me too literally...if im down 3-1 in a playoff series i would look to my franchise player(s) to get us back in the series, that is what putting a team on a players back means...leading the charge
Posted Image

#128 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

i dont think you read what i said very clearly....i said if he was playing the same in toronto YOU wouldnt be calling him a franchise player....

i said play "against" not shutdown the other teams best players

you took me too literally...if im down 3-1 in a playoff series i would look to my franchise player(s) to get us back in the series, that is what putting a team on a players back means...leading the charge

got me there I misread that my bad! and he will be leading the charge in the future you can quote me, he has proven to score big goals when been down :P

#129 ChronCanuck

ChronCanuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Brown is one of the best deals in the league. At a 3.175 cap hit for someone who scores 25 goals consistently and is one of the leagues best checkers he would be a great fit on our team (also a natural right winger). It would make sense that Vancouver is interested because we have a lack of natural right wingers and we really don't have a really hard hitting top 6 player.

Maybe someone like Raymond, Sauve, Connauton, and a pick could pry him out of there.

booth kesler brown. :)

another all american line but this time those players are in the natural position.

man i really would like to have brown. he is built for the playoffs.

Edited by ChronCanuck, 24 February 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#130 ChronCanuck

ChronCanuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

all hodgson really needs is tweak his defensive game and most of all his speed. he has the tools to be the complete player. he has the tools to be a captain. hes already shown hes clutch. and that is important for a captain type material. leading by example.

#131 billabong

billabong

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

got me there I misread that my bad! and he will be leading the charge in the future you can quote me, he has proven to score big goals when been down :P

hodgson will be big "moment" player....a la chris drury but the jury is still out if he will be "the guy"
Posted Image

#132 billabong

billabong

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

all hodgson really needs is tweak his defensive game and most of all his speed. he has the tools to be the complete player. he has the tools to be a captain. hes already shown hes clutch. and that is important for a captain type material. leading by example.

this guys gets it....i agree 100%, he has the tools but "can" and "will" he be able to put those tools to work, is the question...
Posted Image

#133 pylon05

pylon05

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

For Brown:

Raymond
Schroeder
2nd

Tops.

This is the exact trade I purposed. I believe this is still a little overpayment; but not by much. And if it brings us Brown than do we really need Schroeder on this team. No. We would be set until the Sedins contracts are to be renewed. Also we have no idea what the new CBA will bring. I think it will be either some type of hybrid version of what MLB does or we will see the owners and players have a 50-50 partnership with revenue sharing which means even if there is a record surplus this year the cap would only change by maybe 1%.

#134 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Good thing you aren't in charge.

lol i like this!
Posted Image

#135 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

booth kesler brown. :)

another all american line but this time those players are in the natural position.

man i really would like to have brown. he is built for the playoffs.

booth ? brown. Kesler has finally been moved from the 2nd to the 3rd so he can't bring the line down any more.

#136 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

Very unlikely LA trades brown to vancouver, a team that is a threat to them and could meet in the playoffs.

Ott would be nice addition though.

#137 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Tanev, Schroeder, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick for Brown?
Sig too big.

#138 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

For Brown:

Raymond
Schroeder
2nd

Tops.

Darren Dreger was on the NHL Network tonight saying that in order to let Brown go Lombardi would have to receive an offer that includes Schenn and one of Kadri, Colborne or Frattin...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#139 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Very unlikely LA trades brown to vancouver, a team that is a threat to them and could meet in the playoffs.

Ott would be nice addition though.

Now there is some CDC logic.

LA won't trade a player to us because they could meet us in the playoffs.

Dallas is a more reasonable trading partner because as it stands if the season ended today, they would be the ones who we would actually meet in the playoffs.

So clearly Dallas would be more willing to trade us Ott than LA would Brown....

Edited by Provost, 24 February 2012 - 11:02 PM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#140 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

WIth his cap hit of 3.1m, hell yes!!!

#141 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Gotta get Brown!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: If we get Brown+Allen on TDD I will explode, and then build a shrine to Mike Gillis in Stanley Park.

Edited by The Architect, 25 February 2012 - 12:05 AM.

Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

#142 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,250 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Darren Dreger was on the NHL Network tonight saying that in order to let Brown go Lombardi would have to receive an offer that includes Schenn and one of Kadri, Colborne or Frattin...

Schneider for Schenn & Frattin.

Schenn & Frattin for Brown

:)

#143 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

raymond sauve shroeder and a 2nd for brown and a late round pick>!
Posted Image

#144 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

We don't need to make drastic changes, Brown will obviously take quality roster players off the Canucks like a Hodgson. The Canucks should snag Knuble out of Washington for a 6-7th rounder and package Alberts and a 5-7th rounder for Allen. Alberts is a cheaper cap hit for Carolina and played well there in the past.
playoff roster

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Booth
Higgins Hodgson Hansen
Lapierre Malhotra Knuble
Bitz/Weise Reinprecht
Bieksa Hamhuis
Edler Salo
Allen/Tanev/Ballard/Rome

Luongo
Schneider

Edited by bolt, 25 February 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#145 Panjodh

Panjodh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

omfg....hodgson isnt god!!!!

take off your canucks coloured glasses....

players like hodgson come around everyday BUT players like brown almost never become available

brown is the total package....i would take brown into a 7 game series against boston over hodgson any day... if you dont, you mustn't understand how great of a hockey player brown is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tfMeuDpJn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEGZPx3eA_g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qBeA8v_dWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJHx3Hd0Ow

Retard hodgson has more points than brown

#146 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Schneider for Schenn & Frattin.

Schenn & Frattin for Brown

:)

Toronto LA cup final hahaha oops

#147 billabong

billabong

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

brown has more hits than hodgson
Posted Image

#148 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWNbu_f2PE&list=FLtPN57H9abJHdbfQhOuIneQ&index=45&feature=plpp_video

brown has more hits than hodgson

So what?

And a player like Hodgson comes around everyday? lol

:picard:

Edited by Monteeun, 25 February 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#149 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Why are you calling Hodgson retarded? That is the worst nickname of anyone on our team "Retard"

He is a rookie, they aren't expected to be very smart yet.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#150 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Why are you calling Hodgson retarded? That is the worst nickname of anyone on our team "Retard"

He is a rookie, they aren't expected to be very smart yet.

He was calling the poster a retard, not hodgson... now wheres that facepalm emoticon...
:picard: found it

Edited by goblix, 25 February 2012 - 12:03 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.