Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Canadian Government accused of voting fraud

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
137 replies to this topic

#121 Perfect From Now On

Perfect From Now On

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

The Nazis figured out who was Jewish through census info. Should we give a big "frack you!" to the census bureau?

Also, should we no longer respond to such polls as Angus Reid and Gallup?

Don't worry the cons have already taken care of that for us.
Posted Image

Paradise with pines and ice.

#122 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

As usual, you are completely missing my point.It is none of anybody's business who I vote for. That is what a secret ballot is for. Why should I tell a complete stranger on the phone who I vote for?Its like someone claiming to be from the bank phoning and asking for your pin number. Would you give it to him? And if you did, who should be blamed if you lost all your money?If the guy is so stupid as to tell who he is voting/or not voting for, then its too bad he lost his franchise.BTW, what does this have to with Japanese Canadians being interned? Nothing at all but a ridiculous analogy. The Japanese were not phoned anonymously asking if they were of Japanese ancestry.

Isn't your political party of choice supposed to be the good guys who are clean and honest, so that we don't have to worry about this sort of thing from them, by the way?

Is it our fault if we get stabbed in the back by them?

I read the post and it just proves my point that the people coming forward are just re-fighting the last election. They are showing their political bias with their criticism. Would they be coming forward if the Liberals or NDP won the election? I think not.

Since you bring up the scenario of the shoe being on the other foot, would you be so forgiving if the Libs or the NDP were to pull a stunt like this? Or would you be demanding their immediate resignation, a reelection and a full criminal inquiry? Be honest.

Edited by Buggernut, 19 March 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#123 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

You honestly think it's their fault for all of this????

So during the Japanese Canadian internment, it was their fault for saying they were of Japanese ethnicity?

Don't blame the messenger, or the message for that matter; insult the recipients!! I love your logic.

It's like the rape victim is at fault for enticing the rapist.

#124 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

https://www.facebook...ment_id=1506396

Hard proof of electoral misconduct by the Conservatives.

Elections law here says that foreign citizens are not allowed to influence citizens on which way to vote. The Conservatives hired an Ohio-based firm to come up here and make phone calls, and here's a picture on facebook proving it.
Moo

#125 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

https://www.facebook...ment_id=1506396

Hard proof of electoral misconduct by the Conservatives.

Elections law here says that foreign citizens are not allowed to influence citizens on which way to vote. The Conservatives hired an Ohio-based firm to come up here and make phone calls, and here's a picture on facebook proving it.

Who is "Matt"?

4JGASNR.png

#126 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

Who is "Matt"?

A guy who works for the Ohio-based Front Porch group apparently.
Moo

#127 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

A guy who works for the Ohio-based Front Porch group apparently.

Not that I vote for Tories anyways (more libertarian) but I'd like to see more proof.

Edited by zaibatsu, 02 April 2012 - 07:49 AM.

4JGASNR.png

#128 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

Not that I vote for Tories anyways (more libertarian) but I'd like to see more proof.

There's a picture of him in Fantino's office (see the posters behind him) with a list of voters names and phone numbers and a piece of paper that clearly outlines when election day is. He's on the phone looking down at a call list.

The photo was originally posted by Front Porch Strategies to facebook. Apparently the elections law says foreign citizens can't do this, and even if he was Canadian, the law extends to foreign corporations. If he was being paid by Front Porch, it is illegal.

Oh, and this is Matt. I went to the .ca website for it, but they are an American group, and Matt is American.

I don't know what else you want.

Edited by silverpig, 02 April 2012 - 08:04 AM.

Moo

#129 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

http://www.vancouver...tory-government

Here's a story about the republican organization helping out with the Harper campaign in violation of election laws.
Moo

#130 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Just want to keep this thread updated:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-challenge.html

One of the "explanations" offered by Dean del Mastro is BS. There are now 7 ridings where the results are facing a challenge in court. If the court agrees that there are irregularities, it can declare the results null and void.
Moo

#131 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

^ cs77, is that you?

#132 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Robocalls: Conservative Party’s firm directed voters in Northern Ontario to wrong polling stations, says former employee

Published On Wed Apr 18 2012
Allan Woods

Ottawa Bureau

OTTAWA—An employee at a call centre used by the Conservative party in last year’s election says she wrongly informed voters in a northern Ontario riding that their polling station had been changed just days before the vote.
The sworn affidavit of Annette Desgagne, a former employee of the Responsive Marketing Group, says she specifically recalls contacting voters in the riding of Nipissing-Tamiskaming to tell them they would have to cast their ballots at a different location than the one printed on their voting cards.
She says she did so while reading a script provided by the call centre, which was hired by numerous Tory candidates during the campaign to identify likely Conservative supporters and to urge them to cast a ballot in the May 2, 2011 vote.
“I talked to many people all over Canada over the three days in advance of the election, reading from the change of address script,” Desgagne says in the April 13, 2012 affidavit.
The document has been filed with the Federal Court to support a motion that would have the election results overturned in seven federal ridings. Only one of the ridings, Vancouver Island North, had a polling station change.
Nipissing-Tamiskaming was among the closest races in the campaign, and Liberal incumbent Anthony Rota ultimately lost to Tory Jay Aspin by 18 votes.
That riding stands out in her mind, she says, because she initially fumbled over the pronunciation of the riding, which includes the city of North Bay.
The Starfirst laid out Desgagne’s worries that she had been instructed to mislead voters, but her affidavit provides more specific details about the actions of RMG, including how she immediately flagged her concerns to a workplace supervisor named Stephanie.
“There was a general feeling of confusion amongst the callers as the supervisors walked the floor and repeated ‘stick to the script,’” she says in the affidavit.
“Our concerns were ignored and we had to keep reading and repeating the same scripts about changes of address for polling stations made by Elections Canada.”
The court challenge has been organized by the left-leaning Council of Canadians in the name of individuals in the ridings who have claimed that they were contacted fraudulently about a polling station change in the dying days of the campaign.
It’s the first court action related to the controversy over robocalls, which Elections Canada says were received by voters in 200 of the country’s 308 ridings. The agency started a probe in the riding of Guelph where reports of fraudulent calls were widespread, but complaints have since come in from across the country.
The Conservative party has denied any knowledge of wrongdoing and suggested there is little evidence outside of the Guelph riding of an orchestrated voter suppression plot.
Arthur Hamilton, a lawyer for the Conservatives, said earlier this week that he will seek to have the legal challenge thrown out because it is “flawed.” He characterized the motion as a “publicity stunt.”
http://www.thestar.c...HkHD1B.facebook

Edited by Scorpio Ego, 19 April 2012 - 11:51 AM.

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#133 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Fraudulent election calls 'widespread' in 7 ridings, poll suggests

Group fighting results in 7 ridings says poll shows calls targeted at non-Conservatives

By Laura Payton, CBC News

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 5:12 PM ET

Last Updated: Apr 24, 2012 6:56 PM ET
Read 214comments214

Posted ImageA group supporting a Federal Court challenge of the election results in seven ridings says a new poll it commissioned shows fraudulent election calls were widespread and targeted at people previously identified as Conservative non-supporters. (Cole Burston/Canadian Press)

A group supporting a Federal Court challenge of the election results in seven ridings says a new poll it commissioned shows fraudulent election calls were widespread and targeted at people previously identified as Conservative non-supporters.

The Council of Canadians, which announced last month it was supporting an attempt to overturn the election results in seven ridings, hired Ekos Research Associates to survey Canadians about whether voter suppression techniques were used to influence the election results in those ridings.

The poll also looked at whether the techniques deliberately targeted supporters of a particular political party.

Nine people are challenging the results of the May 2, 2011 election in the following ridings:
  • Don Valley East in Ontario, won by Conservative MP Joe Daniel by 870 votes.
  • Nipissing-Timiskaming in Ontario, won by Conservative MP Jay Aspin by 18 votes.
  • Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar in Saskatchewan, won by Conservative Kelly Block by 538 votes.
  • Vancouver Island North in B.C., won by Conservative John Duncan by 1,827 votes.
  • Winnipeg South Centre in Manitoba, won by Conservative MP Joyce Bateman by 722 votes.
  • Elmwood-Transcona in Manitoba, won by Conservative MP Lawrence Toet by 300 votes.
  • Yukon won by Conservative Ryan Leef by 132 votes.

The poll suggests that voters in the seven subject ridings were more likely to receive voter identification calls than people in 106 comparison ridings — 60.8 per cent versus 44.3 per cent.

Those who had already answered questions about for whom they would vote were almost twice as likely to receive a call that their polling station had changed, the poll found, with 34 per cent who identified their voting intention reporting polling station calls versus 18 per cent who wouldn't say for whom they planned to vote.

Voters surveyed by Ekos in the seven target ridings were more likely to get misleading calls claiming their polling stations had changed. The poll found 3.8 per cent of those surveyed in the subject ridings got misleading calls, while 2.2 per cent in the comparison ridings reported fraudulent calls. That difference is statistically significant, Ekos says.

The results within the seven ridings varied greatly.

Conservative officials have said it's possible voters got calls from the parties about real polling station changes, but that callers may have had old addresses or otherwise wrong information that meant the polling location they were given was incorrect.

But Elections Canada reports only one polling station change in those seven ridings, in Vancouver Island North. Elections Canada does not phone voters.

Results 'illegitimate'

Garry Neil, executive director of the Council of Canadians, says the poll shows the calls were "widespread" and that the federal election results in the seven ridings polled are illegitimate.

"We believe in all seven ridings that there is sufficient quantum of data to indicate the elections were stolen in those ridings," Neil said.

"The results of the Ekos research were conclusive and shocking."

A spokesman for the Conservative Party attacked Frank Graves, the head of Ekos, for donating to the Liberals in the past.

"Frank Graves ... is the same pollster who predicted an NDP government last year," Fred Delorey said in an email to CBC News.

"I can’t believe anyone would ever take him seriously. But, as you know, we don’t comment on polls so I won’t say more."

Delorey says the party will defend the results of the elections and that he's confident the court will dismiss the application.

"This is a transparent attempt to overturn certified election results simply because this activist group doesn’t like them," he said.

Results 'robust'

Graves says he doesn't make moral judgments on the "inappropriate activity" he surveyed about and didn't draw any conclusions about who was behind the calls.

"I would have found the exact same conclusions if I'd been asked to do this for the Conservative Party of Canada or any other agent. The results are, I believe, within the margins of error and the measurement problems that exist, are robust. They're sound."

Ironically, Ekos used robocalls to conduct the poll. Respondents could select an answer through their telephone keypads rather than telling them to an operator.

The survey was conducted April 13 to 19, 2012, using random digit dialing. Ekos surveyed 3,297 adults across the ridings under dispute and polled 1,500 Canadians in comparison ridings. The margin of error for the total number of people surveyed is plus or minus 1.7 per cent, 19 times out of 20, but is between 4.0 per cent and 5.6 per cent, 19 times out of 20 when the results are divided by riding.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...calls-poll.html

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

#134 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Although the amount of ridings keeps continuously decreasing, this is turning out like the G20 blunder from a couple years ago. I'm just kinda sitting back and seeing what the hell is really going on.

4JGASNR.png

#135 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

I blame Luongo.

#136 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

Robocalls linked to Guelph Tory campaign worker's computer

Elections Canada says 'Pierre Poutine' IP address same as one used for Burke campaign calls

By Laura Payton, CBC News

Posted: May 4, 2012 3:26 PM ET

Last Updated: May 4, 2012 4:52 PM ET
Read 558 comments558

Elections Canada has traced a computer from the Conservative campaign in Guelph, Ont., to the account that paid for robocalls that falsely directed voters to the wrong polling station in the last federal election.
Newly released court documents show investigator Al Mathews traced a PayPal account used to pay for the robocalls to the same IP address as a computer used by Andrew Prescott, the deputy campaign manager in the riding.Posted ImageAndrew Prescott worked as deputy campaign manager for Guelph Conservative candidate Marty Burke. An IP address used by Prescott to make legitimate campaign calls has been linked by Elections Canada to fraudulent robocalls in the riding, though no allegations have been made against Prescott. (Facebook)
Mathews had previously traced the false calls to a phone registered to "Pierre Poutine," which he determined is likely a fake name.
Prescott had an account with Racknine, a company that does robocalling, or voice broadcasting, and which was used by "Pierre Poutine" to make the false calls.
Prescott's account was used to make legitimate calls on behalf of the campaign of Conservative candidate Marty Burke.
Mathews found that both Prescott and "Pierre Poutine" used the same two IP addresses when logging into their accounts with Racknine. On May 2, 2011 — election day — both clients "accessed Racknine within four minutes of each other," using the same IP address, Mathews says in the court document.
An IP address is a number assigned to each device accessing the internet.
Mathews does not accuse Prescott of making the calls.
Elections Canada has been investigating the misleading calls for a year. More complaints have surfaced since news broke about the investigation and Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand said March 29 that the agency is now looking into credible allegations in 200 ridings.
Former staffer talked of misdirecting voters
Posted ImageMichael Sona, left, poses with Stephen Harper in an undated photo. Sona worked on the Guelph Conservative campaign in the last federal election. (PMO)
The court documents also say two Conservative workers in the last election campaign reported comments made by a former staffer about campaign misinformation.
Matthew McBain and Christopher Crawford said Michael Sona talked about "calling electors to tell them their poll location had changed" and "making a misleading poll moving call," according to Matthews' court filing.
Sona, who worked on Burke's campaign, resigned in February from Conservative MP Eve Adams' office shortly after news broke about the investigation in Guelph.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ess-traced.html

#137 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

A Study of the Incidence and
Effects of Misleading Calls in
the 41st National Election

CONCLUSIONS
This study has presented evidence which strongly suggests that in the subject ridings there
was a targeted program of voter suppression in place. It was reported to be administered to tens of
thousands of electors based on these samples.
These activities were clearly targeted at non-Conservative voters in a highly improbable
manner. They included erroneous reports of false voting station changes and faux calls ostensibly coming
from Elections Canada. In reality, there were no calls from Elections Canada and there were virtually no
voting station changes, yet many thousands of voters in these seven ridings claimed to have received these
calls.
If these responses were the constructions of disgruntled non-Conservative voters, one cannot
explain why the same targeting effects were not present in the comparison group.
Exposure to these calls clearly had a dampening effect on the propensity for non-Conservative
supporters to vote. Using different methods, we would estimate the effect in the range of 1.2 per cent to 1.8
per cent. Applying a margin of error to those estimates would produce a band of 0.8 per cent to 2.2 per cent.
In other words, if these actions had not been in place, the Conservative advantage would have been
reduced by this amount on average in those seven ridings.
The incidence of these misleading calls may have been overstated due to memory and other
errors, but the incidence of non-voting is also most likely understated by a larger amount. These impacts
also reflect the widespread presence of other intimidating and misleading calls which were reported by
nearly 10 per cent of all respondents in the seven ridings (0.4 per cent effect). It is also notable that there is
evidence that these kinds of inappropriate and illicit calls were fairly ubiquitous to all of the areas studied,
even the comparison group.
This study was done within strict time constraints and it has recognized limitations. While more
time and resources would provide a more refined understanding of the extent and effects of voter
suppression activities in 41st Federal Election - the most plausible interpretation of the evidence and tests
presented here is that voters in the subject ridings were exposed to a program of voter suppression which
was targeted and effective.
http://www.ekospolit...ading_calls.pdf

Posted Image

#138 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Elections Canada budgets $585K for robocalls probe

Kathleen Harris, CBC News

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 9:30 PM ET

Last Updated: Jun 5, 2012 9:18 PM ET

Read 166comments166

Elections Canada is earmarking at least $585,000 to probe the robocalls affair — and that price tag will likely climb as the scope of the investigation widens.

Documents obtained by CBC News under Access to Information show the agency spent $124,162 by the end of the last fiscal year — and was budgeting another $212,039 for added costs.

The Office of the Elections Commissioner is forecasting costs of $249,000 to carry out the investigation.

The documents, which include emails, memorandums and sector-by-sector summaries for "fraudulent calls investigation budget" are dated late March 2012 and are preliminary projections compiled before the full scope and complexity of the probe was determined.

"The costs include activities that are not directly related to the investigation, but rather to supporting the organization in managing the issue of alleged fraudulent calls," the report reads. "For example, costs related to engaging additional enquiries officers to respond to a high volume of calls from the public, developing an online complaints form and translating documents such as reports and news releases."

Elections Canada spokeswoman Diane Benson said extra staff were brought in to respond to a flood of contacts from Canadians, including those who complained they were directed to the wrong voting station by automated calls.

During a committee appearance before MPs last week, Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand said the agency has received 1,100 complaints about misleading election calls, but said he had no new information about the investigation.

"It is ongoing and remains a priority for the commissioner," he said. "However, until the investigation has been concluded, I am not in a position to provide additional information to the committee."

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...all-budget.html

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.