The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Naming my son Kesler?

MrCanucks-17

I'm from Seattle and love the Canucks. Of course my favirote player is from the USA, Ryan Kesler. So my wife and I just found out were having a boy around July 4th. Ryan Kesler is my top male role model for his passion, determination, and back checking. What do you all think of naming my son Kesler? I love it, my wife not so much. Just looking for feedback here, and hopefully some ammunition I can use on my wife :) Also, yes I have already though of Bieksa as a first name (LoL)

Mr Canucks #17

I dunno. I always thought it's kinda retarded to name your kid after some public figure. I love Kesler and all but I'd never do that.

I heard of a guy who named his kid Linden. Thats not THAT weird since it's already sometimes a first name, and a type of flower. But still, it's kind of the same thing as some people wanting to name their kids La-a or Rainbow or Deshawnda or Sambiroqua or other retarded crap like that.

I knew a girl once whose mom was ridiculously stupid. She had a first name, 5 middle names, and a last name, and they were all incredibly retarded. I don't want to say her full name since that'd be mean to her but it involved a few words like Rainbow, Angel, Love. What the hell, parents.

As a middle name maybe. My thoughts are that naming a boy reflects important values us fathers see, and beleive are important. Kesler to me sounds strong while still being unique. Totally agree on the sunshine, rain, and other wierd names but for some reason Kesler resonates with me...Anybody else agree?

I dunno. I always thought it's kinda retarded to name your kid after some public figure. I love Kesler and all but I'd never do that.

I heard of a guy who named his kid Linden. Thats not THAT weird since it's already sometimes a first name, and a type of flower. But still, it's kind of the same thing as some people wanting to name their kids La-a or Rainbow or Deshawnda or Sambiroqua or other retarded crap like that.

I knew a girl once whose mom was ridiculously stupid. She had a first name, 5 middle names, and a last name, and they were all incredibly retarded. I don't want to say her full name since that'd be mean to her but it involved a few words like Rainbow, Angel, Love. What the hell, parents.

If I ever have a boy I want to name him Henrik, so I guess what I'm about to say is going to sound hypocritical, but I don't think you should name your child after another person who is not a ) related to you or b ) a close friend / loved one. Don't get me wrong, if you want to just pick a name and go with it that's fine (please not Rainbow or Moonbeam though... ugh), but you and your wife and all of your family will know that he was named after some dude who you've never met, but just happen to have a big (albeit deserved) man-crush on. Besides, happy wife happy life, so there's an even more compelling reason to just forget about it.

(on the other hand, Ryan is a fine name for a boy, and nobody will assume he's named after anyone... ;) )

Archived