Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrCanucks-17

Naming my son Kesler?

152 posts in this topic

I'm from Seattle and love the Canucks. Of course my favirote player is from the USA, Ryan Kesler. So my wife and I just found out were having a boy around July 4th. Ryan Kesler is my top male role model for his passion, determination, and back checking. What do you all think of naming my son Kesler? I love it, my wife not so much. Just looking for feedback here, and hopefully some ammunition I can use on my wife :) Also, yes I have already though of Bieksa as a first name (LoL)

Mr Canucks #17

I thought bout namin' my kid Hank. No kid on the way yet, but just a thought.

It's like a tattoo. Would you get Ryan Kesler tattooed on your body?

If I ever have a boy I want to name him Henrik, so I guess what I'm about to say is going to sound hypocritical, but I don't think you should name your child after another person who is not a ) related to you or b ) a close friend / loved one. Don't get me wrong, if you want to just pick a name and go with it that's fine (please not Rainbow or Moonbeam though... ugh), but you and your wife and all of your family will know that he was named after some dude who you've never met, but just happen to have a big (albeit deserved) man-crush on. Besides, happy wife happy life, so there's an even more compelling reason to just forget about it.

(on the other hand, Ryan is a fine name for a boy, and nobody will assume he's named after anyone... ;) )

This is the one place where you shouldnt ask for advice like that

Lucky you arent a huge Ponikarovsky or Clitsome -fan.

Thanks Guys! Figured this was a good place to get some feedback, sucks being in Seattle where NHL IQ is very low :( I do like the name Kesler created, Ryker. Anyways, we have till early July so maybe Kesler hoisting the Stanley Cup will push me over as far the name goes LoL ;)

I dunno... Kesler MrCanucks doesn't sound quite right to me... :)