The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Cody Hodgson to Buffalo

Guest AriGold

I love this deal, Cody is going to be great, but Zack Kassian is EXACTLY what we need. I LOVE THIS Move

Gragani is a great bonus too - He was Coached by AV in juniors. another French guy! Has good potential

Favourite player: Todd Bertuzzi

I want a Kassian Jersey!

21 Years old, TONS OF POTENTIAL.

HUGE Coho fan, all the best in Buffalo with Hoffa and Sulzer(Team Germany united!!)

Gragnani is a really good power-play asset played in the world championships for Canada last year. Point per game d-man in the Playoffs, will do well paired with Rome/Ballard.

Zack Kassian is a Gem, this guy has a mean streak and he will go straight to the net, AV won't have to ask twice.

The trade makes sense and will benefit both teams and Hodgson and Kassian. Hodgson was never going to grow here behind Kes and Hank as our top 2 centers and Cody is definately a number 1 or 2 center for sure. Now Hodgson will be just that and we get a big, youing physical guy plays like Lucic just like we all wanted.

And got a d-man out of it. Not bad unless Kassian just does not play to his potential.

MIKEY! You frackin betrayed my trust bud. You better have something up your sleeve.

My thoughts:

-Canucks get slower

-Canucks get worse defensively

-Canucks get worse offensively

-Canucks Get A HECK OF A LOT STUPIDER

Am I being negative?

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

That's what I hope for.

I don't think anybody expected this, it's a huge stab to the heart of Canuck nation.. but our Cup chances have improved greatly and Gillis did a good job addressing what we needed. Pretty sure Raymond is more shocked than any of us that he is still a Canuck, and CoHo isn't

Alright. This is a franchise changer for the Canucks. It really is.

There is too much to say about this at the moment. Gotta let it all come together.

I just hope Kassian is ready. If he doesnt make an instant impact, somebody is going to get completely destroyed by the fans and media of this hockey club.

Mike Gillis, I hope you know what you are doing.

A good hockey trade.

Listen, I am a HUGE Hodgson fanboy. But the truth is: he isn't ready to be a shutdown center, esp. if Kesler is hurt. He's gonna be great, especially offensively, but the Canucks are wanting to win the cup now or ASAP. Kassian is everything the Canucks were missing and the energy in Vancouver is going to rub off on him in the BIGGEST way, for real.

MAG is +10, which is okay for a offensive defenseman on a horrible team where everybody is having poor seasons. He's played with Lapierre and AV for the Rocket with success. He's also played with Kassian (obviously) & Mancari. Past connections are important as GMMG as proven.

As for the TSN boneheads who are saying Kassian is an answer ONLY to Boston.. what a joke. Every team (yes, including Detroit) who has won the cup has had big, gritty winger(s). Kassian is a winger, primarily a RWer, but he can play the left-side too, because when he isn't scoring he's wearing down the opposition like no other. Kassian is 230 pounds. He has great mobility, a nice wrist shot, as he said himself 'likes to make plays' and he can take a hit as well as he can give one. It's gonna be awesome watching him forechecking for Kesler if that's the route AV decides to go.

Bruce Arthur is a total tool. Kassian is useless against Detroit?? How so? They have tons of grit in Franzen, Bertuzzi, Holmstrom and others in the top-9.

I'm real sad to see Cody go and IMO Buffalo will be the bigger winner in the long-run, but Kassian fills a need for the Canucks and you gotta give to get (not every GM is Scott Howson..).

Archived