The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Cody Hodgson to Buffalo

Guest AriGold

Sad to see Hodgson go, he's is going to be a top player for many years.

Kassian looks like he has offensive skills and good speed , beside being huge, tough and willing to drop the gloves.

He could the next huge powerforward since we traded Big Bert. He will be a fan favorite if he turns into a Backes, Malone, Lucic type player.

The past is the past now, CH is gone, the Zack Attack has arrived, the future is going to be exciting. Marchant, where are you?

This hit me like a freight train. Seriously, I haven't been this sad since we lost the SC.

Not going to lie though. Kassian strikes fear into my eyes. The guy looks like one crazy mothercanucker. I dare Bolland or Marchand to try something on the Sedins with him around.

Wake me up when Schroeder blows one past the reigning Vezina & Conn Smythe winner top shelf for a game winner.

I say Hi back while still snoring!

Not to take anything away from Hodgson, but how many times has he done that?

You, along with so many other people here, are way too attached to the guy emotionally. You're also exactly the type of a fan who will start to bash the guy as soon as his numbers drop.

Apparently, Hodgson was going to be an Yzerman. After watching him play for 62 f***ing game.

Our losing percentage with Kassian in the lineup is 100%... time to blow up the roster and go into a rebuild phase.

Yup. Also fire Gillis in the process too for making this stupid trade. Obviously he has no idea how to build a cup winning team and everyone else who was against the trade on the CDC was all correct. We should recommend them to be the GM's of this franchise instead.

Yup. Also fire Gillis in the process too for making this stupid trade. Obviously he has no idea how to build a cup winning team and everyone else who was against the trade on the CDC was all correct. We should recommend them to be the GM's of this franchise instead.

Somebody tell this dude what sarcasm is!

Not to take anything away from Hodgson, but how many times has he done that?

You, along with so many other people here, are way too attached to the guy emotionally. You're also exactly the type of a fan who will start to bash the guy as soon as his numbers drop.

Apparently, Hodgson was going to be an Yzerman. After watching him play for 62 f***ing game.

Yeah, no kidding.

Yzerman had 39 goals and 87 points in his rookie season - as a freakin 18 year-old. Cody is 22, and had 3 points in February.

I see Cody panning out as a decent #2 center, and nothing more. Saying he's a surefire HOF-er is ridiculous.

Cody felt he deserved to play more which is understandable; although, he was playing behind Hank and Kes and would never get that opportunity here. It would be selfish to keep him here and limit his progression and keep him on the third line for years to come. I feel that MG did him and his camp a favor to let him go that way he could be happier. I think MG addressed our need also and am very excited about having Zach an MAG here. These guys are still very young and will GROW with this team without anything holding them back other than their own play. We needed that BIG power forward that can play the wing and a really good SHUTDOWN centerman to play against the other teams top lines. This will benefit us now and more so in the long run. I have faith in our management and organization and will support this team no matter what. The players on this team have bought into a team first mentality, so if Coho's group wasn't interested in that I support this move 100%.

I really liked the play of the Kassassin last night. I know its just one game, but you can see hes got a ton of talent and a huge upside. Hes raw and un-polished but you can just see it out there. The way he protected the puck, his vision and quick hands. I think this guy has the POTENTIAL to be better than Lucic, Clowe, and Byfuglien(as a forward). Hes got better hands, and vision then all of them. All the scouts say it. I honestly think this guy in a few years could be Rick Nash-lite, 30-35 goals/season but with the vision and passing ability to set guys up. I think we have just aqquired a beauty here. The fact that Doug Maclean on Snet compared him to Chris Neil is rediculous, and speaks to his ability to evaluate players as a former GM. Lastly if he can play that good after making a cross country flight, running on plane food(probably 1st class caliber but not his usual pre-game meal), with no practice or game day skate under his belt with the team, imagine what he might be able to do after a few practices and games with the club. Early, i know, but i am very excited to see what this kid can do.

I really liked the play of the Kassassin last night. I know its just one game, but you can see hes got a ton of talent and a huge upside. Hes raw and un-polished but you can just see it out there. The way he protected the puck, his vision and quick hands. I think this guy has the POTENTIAL to be better than Lucic, Clowe, and Byfuglien(as a forward). Hes got better hands, and vision then all of them. All the scouts say it. I honestly think this guy in a few years could be Rick Nash-lite, 30-35 goals/season but with the vision and passing ability to set guys up. I think we have just aqquired a beauty here. The fact that Doug Maclean on Snet compared him to Chris Neil is rediculous, and speaks to his ability to evaluate players as a former GM. Lastly if he can play that good after making a cross country flight, running on plane food(probably 1st class caliber but not his usual pre-game meal), with no practice or game day skate under his belt with the team, imagine what he might be able to do after a few practices and games with the club. Early, i know, but i am very excited to see what this kid can do.

Good post, I agree, I think not only the comparison to Neil but also the comparison to Bernier and Pyatt is a little off to say the least, time will tell of course, but from the one game I've seen of him in a canuck uniform, he has way better hands and skating ability than both Pyatt and Bernier, kinda proved it with Pyatt last night. Also I'm thinking that his shoulders are pretty good compared to Stojanov, from what I hear that was kinda his down fall, again time will tell, but I also am very excited to see what he can do, especailly when playoffs start

Hodgson put up 3 points in 13 games in February.

Gillis/Gilman did a masterful job of waiting until Hodgson was at his peak value as a prospect and selling high.

Two years ago Hodgson had almost no value, so it's a tremendous return getting two great young players.

@hockeyagentdad

Cody loved Vancouver, the vanc fans and the city. Team had different goals than Cody. The trade supports that. But it was a surprise.

@hockeyagentdad

For the record - Cody Hodgson did not ask for a trade. Like others he has had many meetings with coaches on his role. Then trade. That's it

@hockeyagentdad

4 record. Cody & I have discussed his role with 'nucks often. Like players/agents do. Never demanded ice-time or trade. Trade was surpirise

Archived