The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Cody Hodgson to Buffalo

Guest AriGold

I wonder whom they were targeting?

Ya, that's my question. Friedman didn't say (likely cause he didn't know), but I drooled at the thought of Jamie Benn! How great would that be, an impact player inserted right into the lineup right after one was traded away. Drool.

Hope your right. We'll see. I just hope he doesnt get the winner tonight. I think he'll score because that's the kind of player he is. No need to get angry like i said i hope your right, I just have been around hockey and the Canucks for a long time and I have a bad feeling. I think the anticipation of impending doom just comes with being a Canuck fan. :sadno:

I agree with what you're saying and you're right about it. It's gonna hurt when Cody starts lighting it up but don't judge Kassian because of it for a few more years yet. It's gonna take time but even if he pulls an Andrew Ladd where he doesn't hit the 20g mark until he hits age 25, Kassian can still make a huge impact on a playoff series in a physical 3rd line role just like Ladd did for Carolina in '06 and Chicago in '10.

Ya, that's my question. Friedman didn't say (likely cause he didn't know), but I drooled at the thought of Jamie Benn! How great would that be, an impact player inserted right into the lineup right after one was traded away. Drool.

Benn would be ideal considering he would most likely be slotted in one of the top two lines right away. I feel that Kassian will get there eventually though, hopefully sooner than later...

I agree with what you're saying and you're right about it. It's gonna hurt when Cody starts lighting it up but don't judge Kassian because of it for a few more years yet. It's gonna take time but even if he pulls an Andrew Ladd where he doesn't hit the 20g mark until he hits age 25, Kassian can still make a huge impact on a playoff series in a physical 3rd line role just like Ladd did for Carolina in '06 and Chicago in '10.

I agree that we can't judge Kass he just turned 21. But WHY would MG get someone so young? If we got a guy like Chris Neal or a Ladd or someone like him then great! I dont want to hear about us mortgaging the Friggn Future! Its all about NOW DAMIT!

I agree that we can't judge Kass he just turned 21. But WHY would MG get someone so young? If we got a guy like Chris Neal or a Ladd or someone like him then great! I dont want to hear about us mortgaging the Friggn Future! Its all about NOW DAMIT!

Gragnani is now. Are you even aware what Newell Brown can do with this kid on the PP?!

Mag is already looking good on that top unit. Mike Gillis does not trade for plugs.

He's like an even faster version than Ehrhoff out there but Christian obviously has the advantage in terms of shot power, accuracy and the preference to use it.

We've yet to see Gragnani put in a position to pick apart cross ice seams yet (as he's being told to sit in the high slot).

Mag is already looking good on that top unit. Mike Gillis does not trade for plugs.

M.A.G. Has killed in the AHL looks like an Ehrhoff mini me. And I know it's not about what we look like now it's about what we look like on game 82. I get it. Here's to hoping MG can deliver us out of 40 years of wandering in the wilderness.

That proposal wasn't serious. Just wanted to see how much people want back for Schneider :) ... the second trade I proposed is more realistic.

Schneider to Philly for a 1st, Couturier, and Erik Gustaffsson.

What business do they have with Schneider? They've got Bryzgalov locked up for how long? 8 more years after this season?

And if Kass wasn't a minus 3 after 2 periods i'd feel better. Or maybe it's only a minus 2. F*ck it Just shoot me now!

Even with a GOAL AND an assist. The first goal was his fault for not picking up the puck on the breakout. Other than that, Louie was awful and Schneider unlucky.

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2011020971

Edit: Hodgson has three shots and nothing to show for his 16 minutes of ice...

Edit: LMFAO!!!

*pulls shotgun out of mouth* Go Kass! Gratz for your 1st Canuck Goal and assist! *thumbs up* You looked good. Maybe it's not the end of the world for me

Looks like Kass has found a home with Kess and Booth. Just need a search party to find the twins and we'll be good I think. Luo's got to be better though

I have to agree. In my opinion I don't think Gragnagni is the answer on our powerplay. And I wouldn't have minded this trade in the offseason. there's something to be said about the Sabres having a weak powerplay and still not dressing this guy. Hopefully I am wrong.

prior to the deadline the prposal and armchair Gm section had tonnes of proposals involving Schneider for downie + picks, with the addition of Kassian, I believe that at the bare minimum we get a guy that can provide what downie brings which is what lots of people thought we needed and with Kassian I believe there is som much more that Vancouver has to benefit from in this trade.

Archived