The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Cody Hodgson to Buffalo

Guest AriGold

I can just see the thread titles when we get dumped out of the playoffs, they will read, this has nothing to do with the Hodgson trade, and people will keep hanging on to that.

I can just see the thread titles when we get dumped out of the playoffs, they will read, this has EVERYTHING to do with the Hodgson trade, and people will keep hanging on to that.

Hey look!! We can both make absurd statements! :picard:

Vancouver: 2-3-1 since trade

Buffalo: 5-2-0 since trade

Sedins have been ineffective, and Kassian, playing on the fourth line, has been invisible for a couple of games. Meanwhile, on the second line in Buffalo Hodgson is a scoring/playmaking threat, despite not recording any points.

What am I getting to? Without secondary scoring we're dead meat.

Wait... what?

Are they awarding "style" points now for the standings? It is utterly and completely ridiculous as well as showing a stunning lack of intellectual reasoning to make the statment you have made.

Hodgson is not a physical player... so if he is not scoring goals or at least getting assists he is useless to a team. The ONLY metric you can measure him on is point production. Close is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades... suggesting that he is effective because he "almost made a good pass" or "only missed the net by two feet" is pathetic.

You argue that the Sedins and Kassian have been useless using the exact same flawed logic. The Sedins are in the same boat as Hodgson in that they need to score points to be effective... you can't say that they suck and are useless for not scoring points, yet Hodgson is great because he is not scoring any points.

Kassian has been visible to me in the last couple games, not as much as I would like to see but certainly an upgrade on our other 4th line options. He did answer the bell against a neaderthal goon to try to spark our team's lack of interest and to tell him if he starts pushing around Burrows he will have to answer for it.

Someone else didn't do their job by taking on Subban for doing the same thing to the Sedins. I think this was Bieksa's failure actually... he shouldn't be fighting enforcers because it is a bad trade-off for him to end up in the box as well, but Subban is the level of player that Bieksa should be going after.

this trade reminds me of the time we made this trade

To Carolina Jan Hlavac, Harold Druken

To Vancouver Daren Langdon Marek Malik

Skill for toughness. AT the time, it looked like we badly got raped in this trade, but man, was it a good move by Burke.

I am hoping for the same result of this Kassian for Hodgson trade.

this trade reminds me of the time we made this trade

To Carolina Jan Hlavac, Harold Druken

To Vancouver Daren Langdon Marek Malik

Skill for toughness. AT the time, it looked like we badly got raped in this trade, but man, was it a good move by Burke.

I am hoping for the same result of this Kassian for Hodgson trade.

<p>

Obviously you're out of touch with reality

What reality? That he's evil now because he was traded?

Let me ask you this: If Hodgson was such a whiner, such a distraction, such a cancer on this team, then WHY was the team been so goddamn SUCCESSFUL this season with him being in the lineup?!?

This tearing a player to pieces after he's been traded is just what we like to do. If he was performing well for Buffalo, well we'd rip the GM to pieces for trading away our saviour. Because that's what we like to do too. Either way it's a massively overblown story. Cheers.

TOML

hodgson demoted, benched or injured? only had 11 mins of icetime

played most of the second and third on what i think is buffalo's 4th line with boyes and tropp. Didnt look like cody had any jump in his step and with the sabres in a playoff hunt there is no free ride for any player. Especially with lindy ruff coaching.

Cody will be fine in the long-run going to be a 50-70 point second line centre. he will be missed but it is time to move on and support the players we have.

Jeff Angus@angus_j

He's a writer for a few hockey blogs. Wondering where he got this info?

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Musings+meditations+Ovechkin+Sedins+Hodgson+trade/6286253/story.html

I don't know if he actually got it from there but I suppose it is kind of a source. I say kind of only because it doesn't seem to give any reference as to where the writer may have gleaned said information.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Musings+meditations+Ovechkin+Sedins+Hodgson+trade/6286253/story.html

I don't know if he actually got it from there but I suppose it is kind of a source. I say kind of only because it doesn't seem to give any reference as to where the writer may have gleaned said information.

Thanks! Wow, I missed that article. Asking for a trade on more than 1 occasion, wow. I always wonder where these guys get their sources though?

Notice that the story has come out now? As opposed to just after the trade?

Here's why...

When Cody was traded, our sports writers here came up with two headlines:

"Cody is a Greedy, Selfish Bum!"

and

"Gillis is an Idiot for Trading Our Hero!"

to be published after a couple weeks of Cody as a Sabre. Option A is what we're seeing now. But if Cody had lit it up during that time, Option B is what they'd be running with. I love our media coverage. Cheers.

TOML

"Covering all the angles."

Notice that the story has come out now? As opposed to just after the trade?

Here's why...

When Cody was traded, our sports writers here came up with two headlines:

"Cody is a Greedy, Selfish Bum!"

and

"Gillis is an Idiot for Trading Our Hero!"

to be published after a couple weeks of Cody as a Sabre. Option A is what we're seeing now. But if Cody had lit it up during that time, Option B is what they'd be running with. I love our media coverage. Cheers.

TOML

"Covering all the angles."

Mind you, asking for a trade right after game #7 (he wouldn't have had his name engraved on the Cup had we won) certainly fits in with this:

“I’ve been through a lot of different situations in my career and I think I’m going to be able to help the players I work with both on and off the ice with both mental and physical preparation,” says Lemieux, who now lives inToronto, given his own son is an aspiring hockey player.

“I remember a situation in New Jersey about two months into the season I was at rock bottom and thinking ‘I need to get out of here, I want a different start in a new organization.’ But Lou Lamoriello [Devils GM] and I talked and he expressed faith in me, and a few months later I was the MVP of the playoffs. A fresh start in another city wasn’t what I needed at all. I needed to make some adjustments in my attitude and look at the team around me differently.

“Vancouver is one of the best organizations in the game; why would you want to go to another team? You have to look at your surroundings in the right way and I think Cody’s definitely doing that.”

Wait... what?

Are they awarding "style" points now for the standings? It is utterly and completely ridiculous as well as showing a stunning lack of intellectual reasoning to make the statment you have made.

Hodgson is not a physical player... so if he is not scoring goals or at least getting assists he is useless to a team. The ONLY metric you can measure him on is point production. Close is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades... suggesting that he is effective because he "almost made a good pass" or "only missed the net by two feet" is pathetic.

You argue that the Sedins and Kassian have been useless using the exact same flawed logic. The Sedins are in the same boat as Hodgson in that they need to score points to be effective... you can't say that they suck and are useless for not scoring points, yet Hodgson is great because he is not scoring any points.

Kassian has been visible to me in the last couple games, not as much as I would like to see but certainly an upgrade on our other 4th line options. He did answer the bell against a neaderthal goon to try to spark our team's lack of interest and to tell him if he starts pushing around Burrows he will have to answer for it.

Someone else didn't do their job by taking on Subban for doing the same thing to the Sedins. I think this was Bieksa's failure actually... he shouldn't be fighting enforcers because it is a bad trade-off for him to end up in the box as well, but Subban is the level of player that Bieksa should be going after.

As I said in another thread:

Bieska only fights when he has a personal beef.

KB does not fight to defend his teammates.

Oh...and as far as Cody goes...

STILL no points!

• 1 year later...

Archived