The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Cody Hodgson to Buffalo

Guest AriGold

Looking back on this trade a year and a half later I'm more happy than ever that this trade happened. Cancer boy is fouling up buphalo more than anyone could have predicted.

Like gillis or not he did manage to unload this dud...

How exactly?

• 1 year later...

2 points in 24 games for CoHo

5 points in 17 games and a -5 for kassian. Not sure it's worth shoving in anyone's face yet.

You guys crack me up. I see this mentioned all the time. Everyone makes it seem like we made off with grand larceny!!

A grand larceny of 5points and a -5.you can talk about the intangibles all you want. The bottom line is you need goals to win hockey games and if you are a -5 with 5 points on paper you're nothing.

I love Kassian don't get me wrong, but I'm not going to rub this trade in anyone's face. If you look at this trade from a black and white perspective, it's nothing. This is a nothing trade.

So please people, stop with this emotional attachment.

Zack Kassian has not shown he can be consistent yet alone prove that he can crack the top 6. But to be honest, as of right now, Kassian is more of an organizational need than Hodgson. That's because we need more big bodied wingers that can produce and chip in. If Hodgson was here, we would have way to many centers which is good to have I guess, but not much of a need.

Kassian fits the bell and hopefully, just maybe he can blossom into a reliable 20-25 goal scorer and reliable penalty killer. I don't expect Kassian to be making 60 pts seasons.

Kassians been pretty terrible since the trade

Yeah 14 goals and 29 points on the 3rd and 4th line with no powerplay time last year was horrible. Why can't he score like Cody does when he is banished to 10 minutes per game of 4th line duty? Oh wait cody is on pace for no goals and 7 points. But but but Zack is terribler! :P

Archived