Guest AriGold

Hodgson 63GP 16A 17A 33Pts +8 5PPG 6PPA 2GWG 8PIM 103shots 25 hits

Kassian 27GP 3G 4A 7Pts -1 0PPG 1PPA 0GWG 20 PIM 36shots 39 hits

Yup. We sure won that deal.... :sadno:

Zack Kassian 21 years old

26 points in 30 games in the AHL

Cody Hodgson 21 years old

30 points in 52 games in the AHL.

So heartbroken, CoHo looked rattled while being interviewed, sigh, clutch goals in big games:( ...on the bright side, this Kassian guy seems to be 'underrated' by most Vancouver fans, let's see what he brings besides obvious size.

So sad though:(

you trade hodgson you bring us a cup :(

Not happening as far as I can see it. :(

Wanting a little more toughness? Why not tweak the 3rd and 4th lines instead of giving up on a potential 80 point centre?

We just went from a position of strength down the middle to one Sedin/Kesler injury from flaming out in the 1st round... :picard:

why raymond is still on this team is beyond belief. I would've traded him for ANYTHING....this trade is sooo shocking. I hope Kassian is what we need, but i'm not sure if he's ready to contribute regularly at the NHL level...but this lineup, when healthy, i guess would be ok..

Sedins - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Pahlsson - Hansen

Kassian - Manny - Lapierre

Hammer - Juice

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Gragnani

Lu

Schneider

Sorry, but that pair will kill us in the playoffs.

I love the idea of having a true power forward but Kassian was not ready to play in Buffalo full time yet and the chances of him being ready to play here this year and in the playoffs are not good so tell me we how got better for a playoff run after that deal , This trade should have been made in the off season , This is a big deal that is going to play out in the next few years and will be one that will be a big part of MG legacy and if it does not work out really well for us it could turn out to be his downfall. I would have done this deal For Jordin Shroeder cause there at about the same level of development and both are young promising prospects that are far from sure things unlike Hodgson who was starting to show he was the real deal

Will miss Hodgson. Kind of know something might happen to him with Pahlsson trade.

Hopefully Kassian is the next Cam Neely. Checked the web and he had previous suspensions and personal issues. Hopefully that will not affect the dressing room chemistry.

When I saw Hodgson going to Buffalo, I was hoping Canucks will get Tyler Myers.

Anyhow would like to have Brayden McNabb instead of Gragnani. Noticed Gragnani from boards that he is a defensive liability. Maybe AV can fix him up.

Canuck's already had a garage full of Ferrari's, They needed a Buick.

Besides Booth (Who isn't the prototypical Power Forward) the Canucks really don't have a player of Kassian's type in the system. A little shocked but I am excited to have Kassian as a Canuck.

A bit on the bright side, atleast Hodgson will be lighting up the East on a team the Canucks play, what...Once a year? Will still follow his career, hope he does well.

I wonder how shocked the people were who were so sure Cody wasn't going to get dealt...

Shocked, crushed, upset. This kinda hurts, to be honest.

Been high on Hodgson from the moment we drafted him, and damn if I wasn't happy to see him putting up 2nd line numbers on the 3rd line this year. He came up big in big games. Maybe he would've been stuck behind Kesler and the Sedins, but he was still a great talent and who knows, he might've pushed for a 2nd line spot in the years to come. Definitely captain material too.

What can I say? I feel like we gambled, despite being in an already lofty position. Kassian's got potential, and I love power forwards. If he turns out to be a Big Bert or Lucic type player, that'll be excellent and he'll be one of my favourites. Hodgson might not have worked out here, but we knew what we were getting with him. He was producing double the points with similar ice time. He gave us 3 scoring lines. For all we know, Kassian might become Bernier/Pyatt 2.0 while Buffalo runs away with a future captain and all-star, all because the Bruins are in our heads.

Long-term, the potential for Hodgson was there. The opportunity might not be there, but he could still find a spot or net higher value. Short-term, we know CoHo's value, while Kassian's still finding his game in the NHL. Wait-and-see trade is what I'm hearing this being called...I don't like that. We want to win now, and we know with Hodgson the Canucks were getting 2nd line production from more than two lines. Kassian may be great in a few years, but we were getting better production from 6'5 Bitz this year (while we still had Hodgson on our 3rd line). I'm sure he'll become a solid NHL player in a few years, but our window isn't forever, and I don't think he brings anything new or needed to the team right now, which is what we're concerned about. In other words, I don't think Kassian will be any different than Dale Weise, Aaron Volpatti, or Byron Bitz this season...but we gave up a 20 goal, 40 point centreman to get him. That's my immediate reaction to this trade.

But you know what, I'm going to stop being all depressed over this. I think Zack Kassian's got plenty of upside, and at some point will bring great elements to our team, and be a future fixture. Welcome to Vancouver, Zack! And to one of my favourite players, best of luck to you in Buffalo. Hope you blossom in your career, CoHo.

Are people missing here that we got a guy that's a huge upgrade on Rome and Alberts that can slot in the #5 spot with a solid defensive guy like Tanev and add some puck moving ability on the back end? Kassian and Hodgson weren't the only players involved here people.

Gragnani had 7 points in 7 playoff games last year. I believe he's +12 on a mediocre at best Buffalo team. He can play.

People are also failing to realize that Kassian is a highly thought of kid that adds something we didn't have in the system; a true power forward. I was becoming a huge Hodgson fan and was about to buy a jersey but this trade adds something we didnt have while subtracting a piece that was fairly repetitive.

My 2 cents.

Where's Miller?!?!? I need his thoughts.

Archived