The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Cody Hodgson to Buffalo

Guest AriGold

why raymond is still on this team is beyond belief. I would've traded him for ANYTHING....this trade is sooo shocking. I hope Kassian is what we need, but i'm not sure if he's ready to contribute regularly at the NHL level...but this lineup, when healthy, i guess would be ok..

Sedins - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Pahlsson - Hansen

Kassian - Manny - Lapierre

Hammer - Juice

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Gragnani

Lu

Schneider

We won't know who won this trade for a few years.

We got two young players for the price of one. If Kassian becomes that power forward we need...awesome. If Gragnani becomes a solid part of our D core...sweet candy.

If Hodgson becomes one of the best players in the NHL, like I believe he will...it's really going to hurt...forever.

Hopefully Kassian and Gragnani make me forget how sick this trade makes me feel right now.

I really enjoyed watching Coho play man. Grrrr...Go new guys!

Absolutely TERRIBLE trade. I don't care how you slice it this will bite us in the ass. This makes us significantly worse THIS year and probably in the future. Our 2nd PP unit is going to suck now, we no longer have 3 scoring lines and we lost a 50 point 20 goal getter. 4th on our team in goals, how are we going to replace that? Hodgson should have only been traded for a Bogosian type player. THATS IT. I feel like throwing up

I'm torn here.

In one hand, Gillis has made excellent decisions since he got here.

On the other hand, Hodgson was seriously skilled and was proving it on the best team in the NHL.

This is the type of deal that the fan base doesn't give you a lot of leeway on, it better work like a charm or there's gonna be more civil unrest.

:sick:

Puke.

Time to change all thoughts about MG; should be fired!

Guys like Hodgson should net Selanne > see Iginla for Niewendyk.

Kassian has spent half his year in the AHL, has not even cracked the lineup full time & we've sent Bitz to the minors to create room for him.

Heave

Puke!

:sick:

Its gunna be a long night, dont even care about the hangover :sadno:

To Buffalo : Cody Hodgson, Alex Sulzer

To Vancouver: Zack Kassian and Marc-Andre Gragnani

I would like to say i like this trade alot. Kassian is a monster and hasnt been given a fair shake just like Hodgson.

I've always liked Zack Kassian. Really happy to see the guy in the system. Hodgson going the other way sucks, though I trust that Lapierre, Malhotra, and Pahlsson know what they're doing.

Booth can play center, too, right? Very off chance he'll play 3rd line center, I guess.

Don't see how this is going to help us now.

Kassian will not be an impact player on this team this year. He's only played a handful of games for Buffalo and has spent most of the season in the AHL.

So disappointed to see Hodgson go. At least there he will get the opportunity to flourish. And let's face it, he was never going to be out Kes or Hank for the 1 or 2 center positions. So he was basicially at a dead end here in vancouver. No room to grow. And he wasn't going to get more icetime from AV while playing behind Kes and Hank. There just wasn't that much to go around.

Good luck in Buffalo Coho. You will be missed.

Archived