#1 hyroglyphixs

hyroglyphixs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

POPULAR

What do you guys think? He has a lot of upside..if he develops well he could be the next Lucic - he is big, is willing to stick up for teammates, and he is good at protecting the puck.

Let's be honest, I love CoHo and he was one I my favourite Canucks, but he was never gonna get to shine here with Hank and Kesler above him on the depth chart.

EDIT: A lot of people are overlooking Gragnani.. he fills a need on our team for D (right hand shot!) and also was a +10 on a team that is what, -27?

In the long term, this deal will benefit us more.

Thoughts on the Kassasin?

Edited by hyroglyphixs, 01 March 2012 - 12:44 AM.

Posted Image

"If you do enough things, you're going to eventually narrow it down to the things that really make you happy." ~LIGHTS

GO CANUCKS GO!!

#2 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

I am now a sad panda.

Tanev's Smirk disapproves.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 27 February 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#3 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

POPULAR

I am not sure of what to think about this trade.

We traded skill for toughness. We lose in the short term.

In the long term i think it is 50-50. We could lose big time or we could win this trade.

Time will tell. Pretty risky trade though imho. I think this deal hurts us this year though.

#4 Patchey

Patchey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,938 posts

We lost this trade short term, but if Kassian lives up to his potential as a offensively gifted, mean as **** power forward, it's not a total loss. Who knows what could have been with Hodgson, and it sucks to see him go, but you have to give something up if you want to get something back.
Posted Image

#5 skyfall

skyfall

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

The Canucks just more hardcore

#6 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

I think Hodgson could have been effective as 2nd line RW.

#7 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

i wanted this guy here.

gillis listens...
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#8 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

POPULAR

bad trade. COHO is a star in the making.
Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#9 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

POPULAR

Completely shocked and sad to see the future of our franchise go... but this was a good trade for us. Before we all jump to conclusions, we acquired what we needed and greatly improved our Cup chances. Trust in MG, he knows what he's doing. Good luck Cody, all the best playing Top 6 minutes in Buffalo! Thanks for everything, you will be missed. Forever a Canuck!
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#10 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

POPULAR

:picard:

There will come a time when the Vancouver Canucks will regret trading Cody Hodgson.
Posted Image

Ephesians 2:7-9

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#11 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

what's going on, this happened hours ago

#12 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

so conflicted. Just listening to Hodgson's TSN interview. I dunno, not feeling great on this one... I think this will come back to bite Vancouver.

Edited by Zissou, 27 February 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#13 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

What do you guys think? He has a lot of upside..if he develops well he could be the next Lucic.

Let's be honest, I love CoHo and he was one I my favourite Canucks, but he was never gonna get to shine here with Hank and Kesler above him on the depth chart.

Thoughts?

i agree, CoHo is such a great player very sad that he has to go but with Hank and Kes he could never play on 1st or 2nd line. :(

#14 EDLER.IS.BEAST

EDLER.IS.BEAST

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

POPULAR

Sorta reminds me of the Linden for Bertuzzi trade

#15 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Don't like this trade, but somewhere in Phoenix, AV is jumping for joy.

Best of luck to Hodgson, we'll miss you.

Posted Image

#16 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

POPULAR

Pretty shocked to see him go, wish we would've parted with Raymond and a 1st instead.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#17 Shaft

Shaft

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

I hope Kassian can live up to his potential. It's really hard to lose Cody Hodgson, hope he shines in Buffalo :(

#18 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

POPULAR

6'4" 225lbs doesn't come along very often. I like the trade alot. Even if hodson goes on to be an 80 point player, he never would have been that here behind kes and hank.

Kasian was a 13th overall pick and a power foward with skill like this is just SO HARD to find let alone land. Very rare in this leage.

We will learn to love this kid. Trust me.
Posted Image

#19 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Initially I was like: :frantic:

After further thought.. I LIKE IT!

Gillis definitely made sure he had Pahlsson lined up before triggering this deal. We now have a semi-skilled, physical, shutdown 3rd line that is suited for the playoffs and we have enough consistent depth to interchange the lines.

Gragani is definitely an upgrade over Sulzer, too. Gillis is going for broke!!

:towel:

#20 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

POPULAR

Cody wasnt going to get any minutes behind Henrik and Kes...simple as that.

Best of luck to him, he could turn out to be a great player in the future, but Kassian could very well be a better fit.

Kassian Stats for AHL 2011/2012

GP-30
G- 15
A- 11
P- 26

4 shots per game and 31 PIMS

Pretty decent if you ask me! not to mention 6'4 230!!!!!!!!!!

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#21 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

I like Hodgson as a top-6 center, he has great skills to play that position however, I don't believe he was suited to be our 3rd line center. There's a sting with trading him away but I am not disappointed in the return. I like Zach Kassian a lot. Very tough, tenacious on the puck, and has solid offensive upside. As for now, I think he's perfect for our 3rd line wing but in the future I can see him crashing and banging with Booth and Kesler.

#22 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,792 posts

I just feel numbed... Hodgson is perfect here.. I'm not happy about this trade... I think this kind of trade is worth it with Mason Raymond... Not Hodgson.. =(

I hope Kassian live up to the expectation... sigh

#23 Nosaj

Nosaj

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

I don't know how to react.

On one hand, Hodgson seemed like the future of the franchise.

On the other, Canucks fans love to overrate our own players.

Posted Image

#24 ynot-llat

ynot-llat

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

POPULAR

Stop using the excuse of COHO being stuck behind Henrik and Kesler to feel better about this retarded trade.
Hodgson could've easily been 2nd line center with Kesler and Booth on his wings.

Kassian could easily become Steve Bernier v2.0, good junior stats, big power forward game, no hands, questionable worth ethic.

I would've traded Raymond and whatever picks it took, before i even thought about COHO.

Do you see Pittsburgh trading Jordan Stall, because he's stuck behind Crosby and Malkin?

Edited by ynot-llat, 27 February 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#25 Alexander.Edler

Alexander.Edler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

really, REALLY tough to see Hodgson go.

Hopefully both players end up being stars in this league, because I know Cody will.

Posted Image

#26 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

POPULAR

Peace out Hodgson you preppy little crap, Hello Kassian you badass mofo. Can`t wait to see Kassian plow through everyone and put up mad points

#27 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Come on guys lighten up. This is going to put us over the top. The toughness we added was way more important then CoHo. He had no future here, was never gonna be better then kesler and henrik. Gragnani can't be overlooked either. He is going to be great. I don't love the deal, but i like the deal. Excited to see what Kassian can bring the next few years. May be a cross between Bertuzzi and Lucic.

#28 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

POPULAR

Stop using the excuse of COHO being stuck behind Henrik and Kesler to feel better about this retarded trade.
Hodgson could've easily been 2nd line center with Kesler and Booth on his wings.

Kassian could easily become Steve Bernier v2.0, good junior stats, big power forward game, no hands.

You want to put one of the two best two way centers in the league on wing?? barf
Posted Image

#29 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

I don't mind this trade, I felt like I was slapped in the face when hearing it for the first time on Sportsnet, but Kassian is big and nasty what is he 6'3 or 6'4 and 240?? jeez, he can slot in with Kes & Booth if he shows chemistry, look at what he had with Luke Adam & Ville Leino, they had some pretty plays, but monkey boy Brad Marchand ain't going to be speed bag punching Danny anymore in the Finals for that matter.

#30 tmclean

tmclean

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Such a bad trade, we will be wondering what if' for years!.... Cam Neely... cough cough...what if kes or hank go down? we have no C that can slot in top 6 now,
3rd line cant score anymore, just like last year. Scoring depth is gone. Its not like Kassian is gonna come here and be this savior, hes playing in THE AHL right now.. he couldnt crack the Sabres 4th line...? Same with this other Grangani kid. Sure Hodgson cant beat Kes or Hank out for the top 2 lines right now, but We had him for next year as well and his value is only gonna go up and hes only gonna get better. just cause a player could play 1 or 2 line, doesnt mean he has too, i dont get how having too much depth at center is an issue and we should get rid of him just cause he isnt better than our top 2 in his rookie year?!? If this is the theory everyone is convincing themselves with, then we should have traded Schnieder as well!! It doesnt make any sense. He scored goals in all the hardest buildings to play in, SJ BOS DET NSH, plays his best hockey in big games at clutch times and has such a Captains poise about him for how young he is. We have been beating teams all year with the toughness we have, this is just dumb. His skill won us the Boston game, not toughness. Name one game we lost this year cause we werent 'tough' enough. I remember last year, MG said we were not gonna sell valuable assets to build our team with the intention of beating 1 team, last year it was Chicago, this year its Boston, and it looks like MG did the very thing he said he would not do last year. Terrible trade in my books.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.