The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian (Official Thread)

hyroglyphixs

What do you guys think? He has a lot of upside..if he develops well he could be the next Lucic - he is big, is willing to stick up for teammates, and he is good at protecting the puck.

Let's be honest, I love CoHo and he was one I my favourite Canucks, but he was never gonna get to shine here with Hank and Kesler above him on the depth chart.

EDIT: A lot of people are overlooking Gragnani.. he fills a need on our team for D (right hand shot!) and also was a +10 on a team that is what, -27?

In the long term, this deal will benefit us more.

Thoughts on the Kassasin?

I am not sure of what to think about this trade.

We traded skill for toughness. We lose in the short term.

In the long term i think it is 50-50. We could lose big time or we could win this trade.

Time will tell. Pretty risky trade though imho. I think this deal hurts us this year though.

We lost this trade short term, but if Kassian lives up to his potential as a offensively gifted, mean as **** power forward, it's not a total loss. Who knows what could have been with Hodgson, and it sucks to see him go, but you have to give something up if you want to get something back.

Completely shocked and sad to see the future of our franchise go... but this was a good trade for us. Before we all jump to conclusions, we acquired what we needed and greatly improved our Cup chances. Trust in MG, he knows what he's doing. Good luck Cody, all the best playing Top 6 minutes in Buffalo! Thanks for everything, you will be missed. Forever a Canuck!

What do you guys think? He has a lot of upside..if he develops well he could be the next Lucic.

Let's be honest, I love CoHo and he was one I my favourite Canucks, but he was never gonna get to shine here with Hank and Kesler above him on the depth chart.

Thoughts?

6'4" 225lbs doesn't come along very often. I like the trade alot. Even if hodson goes on to be an 80 point player, he never would have been that here behind kes and hank.

Kasian was a 13th overall pick and a power foward with skill like this is just SO HARD to find let alone land. Very rare in this leage.

We will learn to love this kid. Trust me.

Initially I was like: :frantic:

After further thought.. I LIKE IT!

Gillis definitely made sure he had Pahlsson lined up before triggering this deal. We now have a semi-skilled, physical, shutdown 3rd line that is suited for the playoffs and we have enough consistent depth to interchange the lines.

Gragani is definitely an upgrade over Sulzer, too. Gillis is going for broke!!

:towel:

Cody wasnt going to get any minutes behind Henrik and Kes...simple as that.

Best of luck to him, he could turn out to be a great player in the future, but Kassian could very well be a better fit.

Kassian Stats for AHL 2011/2012

GP-30

G- 15

A- 11

P- 26

4 shots per game and 31 PIMS

Pretty decent if you ask me! not to mention 6'4 230!!!!!!!!!!

Archived