The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian (Official Thread)

hyroglyphixs

I loved having CoHo too, and I'm shocked that he was traded. But this trade is the ideal situation for CoHo and the Canucks. We should be happy for him.

And it sucks that Zack is going to be welcomed into a new city with "Oh, you're that guy we gave up Hodgson for." I'm excited to see what he brings to the table.

And I'll continue to support Coho in Buffalo as well. He's joining our Eastern conference, estranged-at-expansion brother.

Kassian is the type of player that can provide the team with energy in the playoffs. Especially when the team gets extremely exhausted, Kassian can energize the team with a fight or some big hits.

I can't believe people are already doubting Gillis' for a bad trade. We didn't even get a chance to see our newly acquired players play yet. Come on, Kassian could turn out to be a great pickup, give the kid some time, only time will tell. And quit hating already, I bet more than half of you calling this a bad trade haven't even seen Kassian play before.

My biggest concern with Zack is not his raw talent, toolset or upside - all of which are terrific.

Based on what little I have read, my concern is with the intangibles - Kassian's decision-making on the ice, his intelliigence and his character. Those are the things that impressed me so much with Cody.

I'm concerned with how Zack will fit with the Canucks team chemistry if he deliberately injures another player and keeps getting suspended. Before Matt Cooke toned down his act, was Cookie monster a positive for Pittsburgh's team chemistry, or selfish?

I see Zack as a bit of an unknown wildcard - a young loose cannon who will need to be reined in. I'm not sure that I want someone who picks fights at bars and gets arrested. I fear that Zack will someday end another player's career with a cheapshot, much like Bertuzzi and Steve Moore.

I hope that GMMG will prove me wrong and has done his due diligence in this regard. Only time will tell.

My biggest concern with Zack is not his raw talent, toolset or upside - all of which are terrific.

Based on what little I have read, my concern is with the intangibles - Kassian's decision-making on the ice, his intelliigence and his character. Those are the things that impressed me so much with Cody.

I'm concerned with how Zack will fit with the Canucks team chemistry if he deliberately injures another player and keeps getting suspended. Before Matt Cooke toned down his act, was Cookie monster a positive for Pittsburgh's team chemistry, or selfish?

I see Zack as a bit of an unknown wildcard - a young loose cannon who will need to be reined in. I'm not sure that I want someone who picks fights at bars and gets arrested. I fear that Zack will someday end another player's career with a cheapshot, much like Bertuzzi and Steve Moore.

I hope that GMMG will prove me wrong and has done his due diligence in this regard. Only time will tell.

Often a trade iis the kick in the rear a young guy needs to get his **** together. Especially coming to a pressure market surrounded by leaders. Malhotra is gonna take him under his wing and mentor him, just like he did for CoHo. We have a history of taking on players with question marks such as Lapierre and Torres, and getting them to be useful pieces of our team. As for the bar fight, does no one remember how Juice won a role on this team? Say what you want, but at least he won. ;)

The more I think about it, the more I suspect he can put some points up for us in the playoffs once we need to move Burrows down to play with Kes, which happens every damn year in the playoffs. We'll be seeing a lot of Kassian jerseys in Rogers Arena before you know it.

If the Canucks go into the playoffs and play a rambling, tough-style hockey like the Bruins did last year, and if the refs DON'T put away their whistles like last year, then we are screwed. If they're gonna call everything the Canucks do, it'll be permanent PK.

If Bettman decides the flavor of the game should suddenly become surgical Euro-style hockey, which the Canucks excelled at last year (and so far this year), this trade will bite the Canucks where it hurts.

Either way, MG would (or will) be blamed for not getting (or getting) a tough guy.

Archived