The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian (Official Thread)

hyroglyphixs

I keep hearing how good this kid is in the corners.. is that not a perfect winger for the twins? Against CHI/NSH/BOS last year the Sedins couldn't get the cycle game going on the boards because it was just too easy to knock them off the puck, if you insert a player who by all accounts is incredibly hard to knock down on the wall, why not see how it works?

We have a huge cushion in our div and while we obviously want home ice throughout the playoffs, the time to experiment is now, not June

Kassian had a great debut last night, woulda been nice to get the win but he showed he can hit, win all the battles in the corner, can skate pretty fast for a big guy, I saw him sticking up for team mates already yapping with some opposition, and man he had some nice passes...way softer hands than I realized. The thing is we have our core together for not just this year but the next couple too. So while I hope more than anything we win the Cup this year, all the pieces are there to challenge for it and be a contender for a few years. Here's hoping for a dynasty!

Booth - Kesler - Kassian has to be tried.

I know it will eventually be done, but Raymond doesn't deserve to be on the 2nd line over Booth.

Booth is a powerful skater, always on his feet. Raymond skates as if there's holes in the ice 24/7.

Kassian can draw a lot of attention and go hard to the net with Booth. Kesler can also go hard to the net or just use the extra space from his wingers to wire wristers top cheddar.

Schroeder is only 5 foot 8 and i'm 100% confident he's stronger then Raymond and can actually stay on his feet.

Didn't mean to turn this post into a Raymond bash. But he hasn't earned anything and gets all the ice in the world, pisses me off.

6'4" 225lbs doesn't come along very often. I like the trade alot. Even if hodson goes on to be an 80 point player, he never would have been that here behind kes and hank.

Kasian was a 13th overall pick and a power foward with skill like this is just SO HARD to find let alone land. Very rare in this leage.

We will learn to love this kid. Trust me.

"I know Cody Hodgson from when he played in Brampton and he's a great player," Windsor Spitfires' general manager Warren Rychel, who traded for Kassian in junior, said Tuesday.

"But you have to give Kaz some time. When he develops, there will only be four or five players in the league that can do what he does. That's out of 600 players. Even if you take away his toughness, which is why Vancouver got him, he already has the skills of an NHL player. But he is far from a finished product."

I'm sooooo glad GmMG is willing to pull off a move like this. Right wing is our weakest position in terms of depth. Also almost everyone on this board said we need a top six winger with size.(I'm aware Kassian is raw) but he gets it done and there is people that are calling for his head.

my thoughts on this trade...

Cody was playing great but just wasnt going to get the oppertunities behind hank and kes, I understand that this alone is no reason to trade him

BUT,

with this trade I believe that vancouver saw the oppertunity to get Kassian, a big, YOUNG, tough player with plenty of upside, with those previous attributes in mind, I believe at the point the trade was made vancouver could have gotten a much better return of players who are proven. but the fact still remains that they got what they needed NOW, a tough, big player with lots of grit and good hands,

Now back to the aforementioned description, YOUNG, with UPSIDE. this is what i think sealed the deal for vancouver, they gave away a future star for what the needed NOW(toughness, size, grit) and what they see a benefit from in the FUTURE

I believe this trade was made with both the present and the future in mind because as of right now with an unpolished player they get a big gritty player who can contribute which the team needed

and when polished in the not too distant future they will have a star powerforward drooled over of by us fans

Booth - Kesler - Kassian has to be tried.

I know it will eventually be done, but Raymond doesn't deserve to be on the 2nd line over Booth.

Booth is a powerful skater, always on his feet. Raymond skates as if there's holes in the ice 24/7.

Kassian can draw a lot of attention and go hard to the net with Booth. Kesler can also go hard to the net or just use the extra space from his wingers to wire wristers top cheddar.

Schroeder is only 5 foot 8 and i'm 100% confident he's stronger then Raymond and can actually stay on his feet.

Didn't mean to turn this post into a Raymond bash. But he hasn't earned anything and gets all the ice in the world, pisses me off.

Wow, Booth better not be fatigued at this piont. He's still only averaging 15 minutes of ice time, and he was also off for 6 weeks, so out of a lot of our fowards he better fresh.

As for Kassian, best of luck. I do hope he developes into a top 6 player that can hit, crush, fight, "hurt" players, not injure, the guy we want. Averaging around 55 points, will be nice.

Guest Dasein

I keep hearing how good this kid is in the corners.. is that not a perfect winger for the twins? Against CHI/NSH/BOS last year the Sedins couldn't get the cycle game going on the boards because it was just too easy to knock them off the puck, if you insert a player who by all accounts is incredibly hard to knock down on the wall, why not see how it works?

We have a huge cushion in our div and while we obviously want home ice throughout the playoffs, the time to experiment is now, not June

Archived