The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian (Official Thread)

hyroglyphixs

Is this what everyone was crying for? A player with a rap sheet already? Is this the sort of player we want here?

On January 21, 2010, Kassian was handed a 20-game suspension by the OHL for his hit to the head of Barrie Colts forward Matt Kennedy.[2] Also in the 2011 IIHF world juniors, Kassian was handed a 2-game suspension for his hit to the head on Czech defenceman Petr Senkerik.

In May 2010, Kassian was charged with assault after an altercation outside of a downtown Windsor, Ontario bar. In October 2010, Kassian reached an agreement that saw the assault charge laid against him in May dropped. As part of the deal, Kassian, 19, must perform 25 hours of community service. He will also make a $500 donation to charity and pay for the dental work of the other person involved in the incident. Kassian was arrested shortly after the completion of the Memorial Cup after an altercation at a Windsor bar. If convicted of the charge, Kassian could have run into difficulty crossing the Canada-U.S. border as he looks to continue his hockey career.

On April 23, 2011, Kassian was suspended 4 games for an intent to injure match penalty he received at the end of a playoff game vs the Owen Sound Attack on April 23, 2011.

You guys overrate hodgson waaaay too much. most of his points are 2nd assists and lucky bounces. sure he was good and could play in a top 6 from some teams but not ours. he is not gnna excell in the playoffs cuz he is softer then raymond and you guys will realize this is a good trade for us to win, not to mention kassian is a beast and can be a stud but we got a dman who can play. not to mention Gordon is a better AHL player then Cody was so maybe he'll come up and be the next hodgson next year

Again we spend all that time and resources to develop a player, and then trade them before reaping the benefits. What is it with this organization that constantly makes them shoot themselves in the foot? It doesn't seem to matter who the management is...

If Gillis wanted more toughness, trade a first round pick and a prospect for Gaustad. He would have brought more than Kassian, and cost us less than Hodgson. This deal could have been made later down the road if necessary.

To change the way this team is built right before the playoffs is just dumb. Now we went from being a 3 line offensive team, to being a tougher 2 line team. And if the Sedins get shut down like in series like they have been in the past, alot of pressure is going to be put on Kesler and Booth to carry this team. Lets hope they can handle it.

We may look back at this trade in a few years as a good trade, but as of right now, it makes no sense to me for this season. A season which we have just as good of a chance as last season to win a cup.

A stupid trade that will come back to bite us. I mean if it were a two for one deal, where we received both players only for Cody then that would make the sting a little less painful but we gave up Sulzer as well. Mike Gillis and the management team are morons...just absolute morons. Cody 's cap hit was nothing compared to some players who have not been producing as much as he has: Raymond anyone?

Unless Cody specifically asked for a trade because he wasn't happy with being a 3rd line centre then that's a stupid trade. and classless on Gillis' part for not telling Cody first over the phone. Absolutely classless.

Just the worst thing that Gillis and company could have ever done...they just traded away our future for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Retards.

Oh by the way, we just lost the cup for this year. It's over. If the Sedins and Kesler don't perform, and we HAVE seen it happen before, then we'll be gone in the first round. None of the new guys are going to be scoring many goals, if any. I hope Gillis and AV are gone next season. These players can win the cup with better management and coaching but they are held down by utter stupidity constantly.

Don't forget the Canucks can REALLY use another Right-handed shot.

Don't be surprised to see Kassian in front of the net with the Sedins on the first Powerplay unit tomorrow night, to free up Kesler to QB the second unit. Just a thought.

Oh, and prepare for more "Why isn't Ballard on the Powerplay" threads with Gragnani here now :lol:

not that i don't think this team needs a kassian. but giving up hodgson for two unproven players is a huge overpayment. i really hope MG has his scouting report correct on this one but as of right now i m still extremely unhappy with this trade

Stop using the excuse of COHO being stuck behind Henrik and Kesler to feel better about this retarded trade.

Hodgson could've easily been 2nd line center with Kesler and Booth on his wings.

Kassian could easily become Steve Bernier v2.0, good junior stats, big power forward game, no hands, questionable worth ethic.

I would've traded Raymond and whatever picks it took, before i even thought about COHO.

Do you see Pittsburgh trading Jordan Stall, because he's stuck behind Crosby and Malkin?

I don't see how we can not be excited about Kassian. He's gonna be a big time 2nd-3rd liner that will deliver punishing hits and score some big goals. Top 6 point players we have lots of already. Im pumped to see what he will bring to the table in a few years. Think a less dynamic Eric Lindros type player here.

He'll be a great player in the next few years. He has an unlimited ceiling which is great. The only problem is that the Canucks may have lost their chance at the cup this year. The Sedins will be shut-down and Kesler isn't exactly the most consistent playoff performer. The lack of offensive depth is going to be scary especially if Kassian is not ready to play in the NHL.

Have to look at him with Gragnani together.

Essentially MG traded a talented young center with 2 young players, one big forward and one puck moving D. It addressed both what the nux needed, and gave up something they have in excess.

Down the middle nux still have Hank, Kes, Pahlsson, Manny, Lappy, Reinphrict.

I think time will tell if it was worth it. As it is now, the team is tougher to play against on paper. see how they gel.

Archived