The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian (Official Thread)

hyroglyphixs

This trade reminds me of Linden for Bertuzzi, McCabe and a third. Not that they are the same calibre of players but there is an emotional attachment to the player involved, all in all, as with the Linden trade, it could prove to be a good hockey move.

To be honest, a bottom six of

Higgins - Pahlsson - Kassian

Lapierre - Malhotra - Hansen

is better than a bottom six of

Higgins - Hodgson - Hansen

Lapierre - Malhotra - Bitz

I say scratch Raymond to have a line up that looks like:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Hansen - Pahlsson - Kassian

Lapierre - Malhotra - Reinprecht

I'd be much more comfortable going into the playoffs with that line up than one with Raymond in it.

hate this tade..

I like what Cody Hodgson was bringing to our team. More of our games this year have not been finished in regulation. They're always close one goal- games that we somehow pull off a win. Cody Hodgson has been able to help us score goals in moments when we need em. We waited 3 years and he's now becoming decent in his rookie season. He had a bright future and lots of potential...2 years from now this will be regret...

On the other hand Zack Kassian.... He's as experienced or less experienced than Cody, and people think he's gonna like make a difference in the playoffs because he's a "tough" defenseman? he's 21 and i doubt he's really gonna have that big of an impact during the playoffs. We dont know how he'll cope on our team compared to Cody. who imo was better for this moment's playoffs, and better for the future.

On the 1996 NHL trade deadline the Pittsburgh Penguins traded Markus Naslund to the Vancouver Canucks for Alek Stojanov. Stojanov played only 107 games in the NHL recording a whopping 7 points. Naslund became the face of the Canucks both and on and off the ice. I hope to God that we didn't trade away a Naslund.

This trade is huge when it comes to post season matchups in the oppositions barn. AV won't have to line match to keep Cody away from certain matchups. All 4 centers will be able to hold their own against the likes of Joe Thornton, Kopitar, Richards, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Backes, and toews. Our team is good when Henrik is one of our weaker defensive centers

Archived