The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian Talk

Bilbro Baggins

It's really nice to see him playing with some aggression and that assist later in the game was a beauty too. Which is what I like to see, a lot of people don't realize that Kassian has always been more of a pass-first type (which is rare for a power-forward).

Signs of good things to come.

even though he was still a bit of a shaking rookie last year i could see he had alot better vision than i expected. All the scouts and his coaches are saying his passing ability is very underrated.

great news for us as we have a shoot first second line centre like kesler. another good thing is his size and physicality might give kesler a chance to settle down and not try to do too much leading to less injuries.

I hope he doesn't become a pass-first player. I don't want another Joe Thorton. Power forwards as most effective when they crash the net and cause goals.

We have a Joe Thornton on our team? I'd be happy if we had a Joe Thornton in our center position....H. Sedin, Thornton, and Kesler down the middle?! Yeah THAT'S a terrible situation to have...

I hope he doesn't become a pass-first player. I don't want another Joe Thorton. Power forwards as most effective when they crash the net and cause goals.

Name one power forward in the league that's been more effective than Joe Thornton. Not even Rick Nash can say that lol

Name one power forward in the league that's been more effective than Joe Thornton. Not even Rick Nash can say that lol

Isnt Jumbo Joe considered more of a big finesse player rather than a powerforward? I would say as a "powerforward" there are tons more effective than Joe. Byfuglien, Backes, Clowe, Lucic. A powerforward is more than getting points. They have to drive the net and be physical. Thornton usually does the opposite.

Of all-time? There's tonnes, so I'm just going to assume that you are talking about right now.

Corey Perry.

And as playboi19 pointed out, Jumbo Joe is not a PF. But if you want to talk Jumbo Joe-type players, Getzlaf, Kopitar and Jagr right now are better than Joe IMO.

LOL I think you guys are missing my point. I'd rather Kassian try to power his way to the net and be a net presence than to just pass like Henrik. Otherwise his size advantage is wasted, and we might as well have another Henrik. Not saying that Thornton isn't a good player but I think we can all agree he's uneffective in the playoffs and I'd prefer Kassian to be more like Lucic, less Thornton in that respect.

LOL I think you guys are missing my point. I'd rather Kassian try to power his way to the net and be a net presence than to just pass like Henrik. Otherwise his size advantage is wasted, and we might as well have another Henrik. Not saying that Thornton isn't a good player but I think we can all agree he's uneffective in the playoffs and I'd prefer Kassian to be more like Lucic, less Thornton in that respect.

There's already a big difference between Kassian and Thornton/Sedin. Kassian is a mean person on the ice. He plays the game on the edge where as H.Sedin is even keeled, even if he gets punched.

Good point. Kassian can pass the puck but I want him to go to the net more. In the same vein if Kassian is crashing the net then Schroeder has to shoot.

Did you see the assist he had the other day? Holding a guy a way from the puck while dishing the puck out front. Not a waste of size at all from what I could see.

Archived