The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian Talk

Bilbro Baggins

Actually, Torres was an even higher draft pick than Kassian, a legitimate sniper. They are virtually the same size, speed and for all practical purposes had similar talent coming out of junior. Just Kassian has a bigger rep as a fighter.

Maybe it's a disappointing comparison cuz Torres never reached his ceiling; but the comparison is waaaaaay closer than you think. Raffi has had a long NHL career and DOES help his teams! Nobody should be sneezing at Raffi Torres here.

Yeah, the comparison was between Torres and Neil.

My contention is that Kassian is much more likely to end up a Neil more than a Bertuzzi. Torres is much much closer to Neil than Bertuzzi. So yeah I could see Kassian turn out to be a Torres.

Your point about Torres being a higher draft pick than Kassian pretty much says what I'm saying. Lets not get ahead of ourselves and say Kassian will be a 40+ goal scorer and nearly a hundred point guy aka Bertuzzi.

Like I said I don't see Kassian being the same fighter as Neil but he will be a better scorer. I think he'll better fighter than Torres and about the same scorer. Torres has scored 20,21,27 and 19 goals in the NHL. If Kassian turns out to be a 20+ goal scorer and willing to drop the gloves more than Torres I think you've got a pretty good player.

But if we expect Kassian to score 20 to 30 goals and be the same fighter as Neil then you have a Lucic.

Yeah, the comparison was between Torres and Neil.

My contention is that Kassian is much more likely to end up a Neil more than a Bertuzzi. Torres is much much closer to Neil than Bertuzzi. So yeah I could see Kassian turn out to be a Torres.

Your point about Torres being a higher draft pick than Kassian pretty much says what I'm saying. Lets not get ahead of ourselves and say Kassian will be a 40+ goal scorer and nearly a hundred point guy aka Bertuzzi.

Like I said I don't see Kassian being the same fighter as Neil but he will be a better scorer. I think he'll better fighter than Torres and about the same scorer. Torres has scored 20,21,27 and 19 goals in the NHL. If Kassian turns out to be a 20+ goal scorer and willing to drop the gloves more than Torres I think you've got a pretty good player.

But if we expect Kassian to score 20 to 30 goals and be the same fighter as Neil then you have a Lucic.

I wanna Lucic! :P

We'll look back and see the lockout as beneficial to Kassian. (Like Kes in 04-05)

Basically, ZK's career would be in AV's hands. Vig has a heavy hand and not a coach for the faint of heart. Many variables that put Kass on the fourth line last year during the stretch. Remember when the Isles shipped out Bert, he was like a Steve Bernier at the time, wildcard if you will. In this day and age, prospects don't **** around. It's either mega bucks or a life of regrets and what could've been.

Think of Dusty Buf and where his hard work has gotten him, never mind that good time he had on the lake ;)

As for the Torres/ Kassian/ Neil. Great comparisons and very smart juxtapositions from CDC.

Gosh every fan of every NHL team wants a Lucic. I bet Boston fans want another Lucic.

Man, that would be awesome.

"When" Kass pans out and becomes a better version of Lucic (just being overly optimistic ::D), I cant wait till they go toe to toe! That would be an incredible bout! :frantic:

"When" Kass pans out and becomes a better version of Lucic (just being overly optimistic ::D), I cant wait till they go toe to toe! That would be an incredible bout! :frantic:

NOW... if it happened in BOS or VAN would that factor in? IMO the bout will be 3-5 years away but it will happen. BUT if Kass does fight him this year, We'll know the bull has horns to take on Lucic.

NOW... if it happened in BOS or VAN would that factor in? IMO the bout will be 3-5 years away but it will happen. BUT if Kass does fight him this year, We'll know the bull has horns to take on Lucic.

I do recall hearing last year that MG and company told Kass not to fight and just concentrate on hockey. He still dropped them with Staubitz and showed well. Kass lost but Staubitz is an accomplished fighter. The kid did pretty good, especially considering he was only 20yrs old.

Lucic, maybe not yet. I too would love to see that bout in a couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if Kass drops them with Lucic the next time they play. Heck get it over with. If the kid does well it will boost his confidence to no end, if he loses its all good cus he's still getting his feet wet.

Thanks for the reminder video. Kass had the drop on him, but Staubitz' veteran exp capitalized when Kass' feet shuffled and moved 90degrees. Kass coulda had that fight, but did well enough to open some eyes. Brad is a knuckle dragger, Kass needs his knuckles to grip and rip'em off his stick :)

But back on Lucic. Whom I consider THE BEAR. Kass being that 4 yr old male willing to challenge.

Another note I dare to say... Lucic has lead of life of leisure. Kass has fought hardships and is driven similarily, but again (dare I say) poised for more longevity.

Thanks for the reminder video. Kass had the drop on him, but Staubitz' veteran exp capitalized when Kass' feet shuffled and moved 90degrees. Kass coulda had that fight, but did well enough to open some eyes. Brad is a knuckle dragger, Kass needs his knuckles to grip and rip'em off his stick :)

But back on Lucic. Whom I consider THE BEAR. Kass being that 4 yr old male willing to challenge.

Another note I dare to say... Lucic has lead of life of leisure. Kass has fought hardships and is driven similarily, but again (dare I say) poised for more longevity.

Does having Scheuermann's disease sound like a life of leisure to you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheuermann's_disease

Losing a father is definitely tough, but it's not like Lucic's life was easy pickings either...

I would agree that Kassian may have a longer career as long as he doesn't fight as much as Lucic does. Lucic has fought a lot of guys since coming up as a teenage 4th line banger for a team who's reputed as the Big Bad Bruins. Kassian tends not to fight as much as Lucic and as long as he keeps that up, he will have a longer career.

Part of fighting involves actually hitting the guy. ;)

That's like saying, if Kassian had punched harder he would have knocked him out.

Part of fighting is knowing how to get out of the way also. Kass does a good job of dodging punches, moving his feet, and shifting his body weight in the clutch and grab to gain better positioning for the strike against his opponent.

You serve as an annoying nitpicker. ***** oh your so smart mr post count.

Does having Scheuermann's disease sound like a life of leisure to you? http://en.wikipedia....n's_disease

Losing a father is definitely tough, but it's not like Lucic's life was easy pickings either...

I would agree that Kassian may have a longer career as long as he doesn't fight as much as Lucic does. Lucic has fought a lot of guys since coming up as a teenage 4th line banger for a team who's reputed as the Big Bad Bruins. Kassian tends not to fight as much as Lucic and as long as he keeps that up, he will have a longer career.

Does having Scheuermann's disease sound like a life of leisure to you? http://en.wikipedia....n's_disease

Partronising c**t

Don't compare the two. In that sense..

Hide Dasein, unacceptable.

but what your post count will suffer??? ****** ****

I wait on my father hand and day, not fun, but it sure is uplifting reading your judas statements.

Sounds like lack the sense of what life entails. death is finite. Kass and Buff are driven by something your daddy could've prepard you for.

midas_touch84@hotmail.com your righteous one,

Archived