The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian Talk

Bilbro Baggins

<p>

Booth-Kesler-Kassian was amazing, and I hope AV keeps that line together. 3 big powerful fast hitting guys with offensive talent. it's like our own version of the legion of doom. It looks like this trade will work out afterall. cody will still probably have a better career, but kassian's performance so far has made the bitter pill much easier to swallow.

Burrows and Higgins aren't that shabby in that role either.

Guest Dasein

Hodgson pointless in the 4 games he's played for Buffalo since being traded and is +2.

I'm kind of relieved that Hodgson didn't light it up on Buffalo right away which would have put a lot of pressure on Kassian. Instead, Kassian has some breathing room after getting his first assist and goal last game.

cody would have had a number of assists by now if Ennis would shoot at the open net instead of passing it back into the crowd of people in front of the net, or if either line mate could bury any of the glorious chances they've had as a result of his many prime passes. then again, if cody capitalized on some of his opportunities he wouldn't of had to worry about them producing either.

Guest Dasein

Can you blame him? Look at the mileage Cody had to travel:

Flew with the Canucks on their giant cross-continental 6-game road trip to the final destination Phoenix then got traded => flew to Buffalo for a physical => flew back to Anaheim to start a cross-continental 4-game road trip with the Sabres

Kid's not the greatest skater to begin with - if he was flat tonight, pretty obvious that he's dead tired. The adrenaline from getting traded and having to play in Vancouver may have kept him going the 3 games before, but against Winnepeg (although it was the biggest game on the trip for Buffalo) Cody probably had nothing left in the tank.

I don't think he's ready to be a top 6 center that can provide consistent secondary scoring, but no reason to bash because he's a no show one particular night.

If you start comparing night for night Kassian and Hodgson, it's pointless. We'll know when all is said and done.

Kassian didn't look that great on the 2nd line against Dallas. I saw 2 bad passes to the middle to no one. Resulted in Canucks getting hemmed into their zone.

Put him on the 3rd/4th line so there's not so much pressure on the guy and let him develop (he's a rookie). I don't think he deserves to leap frog over Higgins (unsung hero).

Kassian didn't look that great on the 2nd line against Dallas. I saw 2 bad passes to the middle to no one. Resulted in Canucks getting hemmed into their zone.

Put him on the 3rd/4th line so there's not so much pressure on the guy and let him develop (he's a rookie). I don't think he deserves to leap frog over Higgins (unsung hero).

Totally agree with you!

Agreed start him there if he's having a good game move him on up! If he's having a tough game then he can focus on being defensively reponsible and physical instead of having to be the secondary scoring.

Agreed, but the energy of the entire team was lacking.

I'd like to see him with Kes & Booth again, but after he really learns AV & Bowness' system.

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Pahlsson - Kassian

Malhotra - Lapierre - Hansen

That would be a fine bottom-9. Raymond is looking worse & worse as the games get harder (as usual) but at least with Sammy and Kass he would have too very strong players on his line. If it doesn't work out.. then just change him with Hansen & give Weise some more time before playoffs.

By the playoffs, maybe Kassian will be completely settled in & Higgins can be a third line player ready to jump into the top-6 if there's injuries.

I'd like to Kassian with the Sedins now until the end of the season.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Raymond

Almost every team the Canucks play in the playoffs are going to run the official "how to shutdown the Sedins," play book. The checking on the Sedins will be tighter than ever and there won't be many stoppages that don't envolve the Sedins getting mugged.

Also I'd like Raymond to stay on the fourth where he can learn to play a physical game. Maybe one day he could be like Darren Helm.

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Almost every team the Canucks play in the playoffs are going to run the official "how to shutdown the Sedins," play book. The checking on the Sedins will be tighter than ever and there won't be many stoppages that don't envolve the Sedins getting mugged.

Also I'd like Raymond to stay on the fourth where he can learn to play a physical game. Maybe one day he could be like Darren Helm.

ABSOLUTELY!

Gillis brought in Kassian to be physical. The Sedins need protection. Kassian should protect the Sedins. Once the Sedins know that somebody has their back, they'll be able to return to form. If Vigneault isn't going to play Kassian with the Sedins, then Kassian belongs on the fourth line.

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

This is exactly what AV should do. Kass has had some great chances with the Sedins whenever they all happened to be out there at the same time. Why not try them out for a game?

Sedins-Kassian

Higgins-Kes-Booth

Burrows-Palhson-Hansen

Raymond-Lappiere-Malhotra

I like Burr on the third as a checker/scorer

Kassian didn't look that great on the 2nd line against Dallas.  I saw 2 bad passes to the middle to no one.  Resulted in Canucks getting hemmed into their zone.

Put him on the 3rd/4th line so there's not so much pressure on the guy and let him develop (he's a rookie).  I don't think he deserves to leap frog over Higgins (unsung hero).

The Dallas game was his worst as a Canuck so far...he's still learning,and I'm sure that dividends will pay off sooner than later.One thing I like about this kid is that he's humble,..admits he's very nervous,and is willing 'to be a sponge' and contribute.

How many games have we won with Gragnani and Kassian in the line up?

When our stars are slumping, you can't look at a couple rookies as the reason we're losing.

Kassian is not going to win us games, to think that is to expect too much.

Archived