412 replies to this topic

#271 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Man, I hope the coaching staff doesn't hold him back. Tired of having a feline team, what's the point of getting tough guys if you have them on a leash all the time.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#272 ZackAttack-9

ZackAttack-9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the reminder video. Kass had the drop on him, but Staubitz' veteran exp capitalized when Kass' feet shuffled and moved 90degrees. Kass coulda had that fight, but did well enough to open some eyes. Brad is a knuckle dragger, Kass needs his knuckles to grip and rip'em off his stick :)

But back on Lucic. Whom I consider THE BEAR. Kass being that 4 yr old male willing to challenge.

Another note I dare to say... Lucic has lead of life of leisure. Kass has fought hardships and is driven similarily, but again (dare I say) poised for more longevity.

#273 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

This is Kassian's best showing in the NHL. Sestito is a big dude and Zach beats him with a solid showing.

#274 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

This is Kassian's best showing in the NHL. Sestito is a big dude and Zach beats him with a solid showing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfuU_bay0kE

Fair enough but if Sestito didnt miss as much as he did Kassian wouldve been rocked

#275 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for the reminder video. Kass had the drop on him, but Staubitz' veteran exp capitalized when Kass' feet shuffled and moved 90degrees. Kass coulda had that fight, but did well enough to open some eyes. Brad is a knuckle dragger, Kass needs his knuckles to grip and rip'em off his stick :)

But back on Lucic. Whom I consider THE BEAR. Kass being that 4 yr old male willing to challenge.

Another note I dare to say... Lucic has lead of life of leisure. Kass has fought hardships and is driven similarily, but again (dare I say) poised for more longevity.

Does having Scheuermann's disease sound like a life of leisure to you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheuermann's_disease

Losing a father is definitely tough, but it's not like Lucic's life was easy pickings either...

I would agree that Kassian may have a longer career as long as he doesn't fight as much as Lucic does. Lucic has fought a lot of guys since coming up as a teenage 4th line banger for a team who's reputed as the Big Bad Bruins. Kassian tends not to fight as much as Lucic and as long as he keeps that up, he will have a longer career.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#276 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Fair enough but if Sestito didnt miss as much as he did Kassian wouldve been rocked

if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas!!!

#277 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Part of fighting involves actually hitting the guy. ;)

That's like saying, if Kassian had punched harder he would have knocked him out.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#278 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Part of fighting involves actually hitting the guy. ;)

That's like saying, if Kassian had punched harder he would have knocked him out.

Part of fighting is knowing how to get out of the way also. Kass does a good job of dodging punches, moving his feet, and shifting his body weight in the clutch and grab to gain better positioning for the strike against his opponent.

#279 ZackAttack-9

ZackAttack-9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Does having Scheuermann's disease sound like a life of leisure to you? http://en.wikipedia....n's_disease

Losing a father is definitely tough, but it's not like Lucic's life was easy pickings either...

I would agree that Kassian may have a longer career as long as he doesn't fight as much as Lucic does. Lucic has fought a lot of guys since coming up as a teenage 4th line banger for a team who's reputed as the Big Bad Bruins. Kassian tends not to fight as much as Lucic and as long as he keeps that up, he will have a longer career.

You serve as an annoying nitpicker. ***** oh your so smart mr post count.

Does having Scheuermann's disease sound like a life of leisure to you? http://en.wikipedia....n's_disease

Partronising c**t

Don't compare the two. In that sense..

Edited by ZackAttack-9, 23 October 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#280 ZackAttack-9

ZackAttack-9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hide Dasein, unacceptable.

but what your post count will suffer??? ****** ****

I wait on my father hand and day, not fun, but it sure is uplifting reading your judas statements.

Sounds like lack the sense of what life entails. death is finite. Kass and Buff are driven by something your daddy could've prepard you for.

midas_touch84@hotmail.com your righteous one,

#281 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

It will be tough for him to live up to expectations with all the pressure of a hockey crazed city.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#282 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Wow overreacting much? And I have no idea what you just said because none of it really makes any sense... Respond back in coherent sentences and if I was wrong or being offensive then I'll admit it. No big deal. But there's no need for you to respond back with private messages which are also just as incoherent as your replies on this thread.

Not sure if trying to be an e-thug or genuinely offended ... Though I don't see why you would be ... I was just pointing out that Lucic has had hardships too and it wasn't a life of leisure.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#283 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,950 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

i think he might be going through some things with his dad right now (or recently went through them) so he's a little sensitive on the subject. it's the only explanation I can think of.

Edited by avelanch, 24 October 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#284 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

@zkassian9: '"@jennafermarier: @LEansor @CassGidillini @dspidalieri http://t.co/sWcrN5O7..... I must say .... You got me ! Lol'

Edited by LeanBeaf, 24 October 2012 - 09:40 PM.

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#285 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Two fights (to go along with the two goals) in two games with Abbotsford, and that huge hit a coupe of games prior, followed by him tackling and punching the guy who tried to retaliate doesn't give you an indication of a mean-streak?

If this isn't an indication of a mean streak.. i don't think there will ever be one.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#286 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Mobile
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#287 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Just found a pretty good article on Kassian. Just wanted to share with those whom haven't seen it..

http://www.vancouver...-lockout-winner

I happen to agree that he should spend the season with the AHL club. Maybe call him up for a handful of games.

Thoughts?

Edited by JohnLennon, 24 October 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#288 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Just found a pretty good article on Kassian. Just wanted to share with those whom haven't seen it..

I happen to agree that he should spend the season with the AHL club. Maybe call him up for a handful of games.

Thoughts?

Yep, I've been saying for awhile that it would be good for Kass to spend an entire season in the AHL. It did wonders for many players last lockout. I gave Spezza as an example.

Bring him up towards the end of the season if there is one.

Edited by WHL rocks, 24 October 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#289 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,543 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

And man, if he has a Hartnell career, that works for me. He looks like he has much better hands and offensive instincts than Hartnell though.

This.

I think Hartnell is the perfect comparison for what we should be shooting for with Kassian.

Tough hard nosed play, with good production and all the intangibles (and hopefully the good playoff ability like Hartnell too)

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 24 October 2012 - 11:43 PM.

zackass.png

#290 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

Thoughts?

Good find! Didn't realize that the last lockout had that big of an impact on several current players (Kes, Burr, Juice); Zack right now sounds like a copy of Kes back then, maybe even more advanced than Ryan was in '04

The 2004-05 lockout was a boon for the Canucks, hyper-driving the development of a second wave of young players who would grow to become future franchise cornerstones, eventually taking the reigns from a slowly decline regime. Kesler emerged from that lockout season in the AHL fully formed.

Sounds promising to me.

Edited by g@m3b0i, 25 October 2012 - 12:11 AM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#291 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Lets hope Kassian isn't a goof like Hartnell.

(Sig removed by mod)

#292 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Lets hope Kassian isn't a goof like Hartnell.

whaaaaaatttt.

67 points and 136 PIM --- sign me up!
Posted Image

#293 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hartnell's an amazing player, how could you not love him? Unless ofcourse your a Pens fan... But deep down you know you'd love to have him on your team!
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#294 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hartnell's an amazing player, how could you not love him? Unless ofcourse your a Pens fan... But deep down you know you'd love to have him on your team!

Maybe Doug the Thug is Phaneuf fan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDxZP3fnWhU

Edited by Squeak, 25 October 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

#295 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfuU_bay0kE

Maybe it is just me, but at 0:27 it looks like Sestito says "he got me"

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#296 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Maybe it is just me, but at 0:27 it looks like Sestito says "he got me"

Excellent observation.

I looked at it over and over many times. I think he said "he got me" or "he caught me". I think he might have said he "caught" me because Kass did catch Sestito with a good shot sending him to the ice.

#297 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

whaaaaaatttt.

67 points and 136 PIM --- sign me up!

The 136 PIM is what makes him a goof.

(Sig removed by mod)

#298 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

The 136 PIM is what makes him a goof.

67 points cancels that out.
Posted Image

#299 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

Looking forward to the game tomorrow!

#300 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

"suck it phaneuf"

B)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.