The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian Talk

Bilbro Baggins

what is it with beast mode? honestly now it has to be the most annoying thing to hear. Not trying to down play his game or anything but does it have to be any game any guy has a good game he's a beast? what's wrong with just sayin a guy a good game?!?!?!

had a good game

Beast_Jim_Lee_art.jpg

Mode

he had a complete and dominant game, Arniel himself said it was the best game he's see Kass play and had nothing but praise for him. It was more than just a "good game".

Not to be a downer but I definitley remember Kass going beastly for his first few games as a Canuck as well then fading away. Lets hope he finds that intensity for every game not just the first few exciting ones. Does mean that he'll be a dominant playoff guy if he can pick it up for the big games.

Not to be a downer but I definitley remember Kass going beastly for his first few games as a Canuck as well then fading away. Lets hope he finds that intensity for every game not just the first few exciting ones. Does mean that he'll be a dominant playoff guy if he can pick it up for the big games.

That had a lot to do with his level of endurance and what kind of shape he was in. His offseason training has gotten him in much better shape for this year and I think he will do much better at maintaining his level of play.

:huh:

Joe Thornton???

Where the heck does that comparison come from... #1 overall pick with elite skills. He is a bit of dork (understatement) but still an absolute world class talent at a different level. Already has more assists than either Twin has points in the same time frame.

I'd be thrilled (!) and more than satisfied if Kassian gets 500, perhaps (dreaming) 600 NHL points and is an as advertised dominant physical player, perhaps an all star nomination, which is probably his peak expectation.

Does anyone else here expect Kassian's trophy case to include Heart and Art Ross trophies, Olympic teams, career PPG and near 1100 points with potential left to hit 1400, 1500, likely HHOF?

I smell a man crush... :wub:

If Kassian turns into a Joe Thornton, I just hope he's a Thornton with an edge and shows up in the playoffs. Looks like Kassian showed up last night as a clutch guy.

You're being a bit of a downer.

Like that he's put an emphasis on fitness (apparently dropping 15 lbs?).

The 21-year-old Kassian was especially sound in weekend games in Abbotsford, B.C., not far from Vancouver. He scored in both games, fought and won in each outing, and by all accounts looks to be skating much better after a summer dedicated to his fitness.

Canucks general manager Mike Gillis had plenty to do with Kassian's improved conditioning. He cajoled his 6-foot-3, 214-pound youngster to spend a week training with Henrik and Daniel Sedin in Vancouver, as well as a three-week stint with Canucks skills coach Glenn Carnegie at the THC Centre in Winnipeg, and another 10-day session at Nike's training centre in Beaverton, Ore.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ahl-starts.html

Joe Thornton???

Where the heck does that comparison come from... #1 overall pick with elite skills. He is a bit of dork (understatement) but still an absolute world class talent at a different level. Already has more assists than either Twin has points in the same time frame.

I'd be thrilled (!) and more than satisfied if Kassian gets 500, perhaps (dreaming) 600 NHL points and is an as advertised dominant physical player, perhaps an all star nomination, which is probably his peak expectation.

Does anyone else here expect Kassian's trophy case to include Heart and Art Ross trophies, Olympic teams, career PPG and near 1100 points with potential left to hit 1400, 1500, likely HHOF?

Joe Thornton???

You're being a bit of a downer.

Joe Thornton???

Anything is possible my friend. Depends on how much someone really wants something, and do whatever it takes to get there. Kass has the talent, tools, and the support to get him to an elite level in this game. Whether he has the drive to get there is entirely up to him though. He is also only 21, has a lot to learn, and still needs to improve/refine his game. Only time will tell. My point is that I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

If Kassian turns into a Joe Thornton, I just hope he's a Thornton with an edge and shows up in the playoffs. Looks like Kassian showed up last night as a clutch guy.

Joe Thornton? Joe Thornton is a completely different type of player than Kassian. Completely. He's a world class talent.

With Kassian you are looking at a Chris Neal type player. If Kassian can match Neal's truculence and physicality it would be great, if Kassian can provide better offense than Neal (I'm hopeful) it would be a bonus.

Either way Kassian will never be a world class playmaker like Joe Thornton has been his entire career.

Joe Thornton? Joe Thornton is a completely different type of player than Kassian. Completely. He's a world class talent.

With Kassian you are looking at a Chris Neal type player. If Kassian can match Neal's truculence and physicality it would be great, if Kassian can provide better offense than Neal (I'm hopeful) it would be a bonus.

Either way Kassian will never be a world class playmaker like Joe Thornton has been his entire career.

If Kassian only becomes a Chris Neil/Raffi Torres type player, it will be a huge fail for Canuck management, and our player development system.

His ceiling should be a Bertuzzi type player, otherwise it will be a failure. And it's really not that unrealistic when you consider Bertuzzi only really had 3 or 4 years where he was a dominant player.

If we can't get 3 or 4 years of Kassian being a top player in the league, then it will be a disappointment. Because I bet Hodgson will be a top player in the league for at least that long, if not longer.

Joe Thornton is a bad comparison, he's more of a bigger Henrik Sedin. Not that physical, passes instead of shooting. In tight checking series he dissapears.

Kassian is like a Hartnell. He has enough skill to play with the 1st liners and produce. But he's also one nasty piece of business and makes the other teams go crazy.

If Kassian only becomes a Chris Neil/Raffi Torres type player, it will be a huge fail for Canuck management, and our player development system.

His ceiling should be a Bertuzzi type player, otherwise it will be a failure. And it's really not that unrealistic when you consider Bertuzzi only really had 3 or 4 years where he was a dominant player.

If we can't get 3 or 4 years of Kassian being a top player in the league, then it will be a disappointment. Because I bet Hodgson will be a top player in the league for at least that long, if not longer.

Huge difference in Neal and Torres DeNiro. It would be a disappointment if he turns out to be a Torres. Neal I can live with. Neal brings a lot to a team but like I said I'm hopeful Kassian scores more than Neal. I think he will.

If Kassian turns out to be a Bertuzzi in his prime then Canucks win the trade. Bert was one of the best players in the league for a couple of years, until the "incident".

Archived