412 replies to this topic

#211 Wolf smell

Wolf smell

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

kas was in beast mode today, great game from him.

what is it with beast mode? honestly now it has to be the most annoying thing to hear. Not trying to down play his game or anything but does it have to be any game any guy has a good game he's a beast? what's wrong with just sayin a guy a good game?!?!?!

had a good game

Edited by Wolf smell, 20 October 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#212 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

POPULAR

what is it with beast mode? honestly now it has to be the most annoying thing to hear. Not trying to down play his game or anything but does it have to be any game any guy has a good game he's a beast? what's wrong with just sayin a guy a good game?!?!?!

had a good game

This guy just posted in beast mode.

FxfBlgI.png

#213 Rozzy

Rozzy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

Kassian's fight tonight from my point of view.

Beastmode

Posted Image

Q-----U-----E-----E-----N-----S-----O-----F-----T-----H-----E-----S-----T-----O-----N-----E-----A-----G-----E

#214 Wolf smell

Wolf smell

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

This guy just posted in beast mode.

announcer 1: Wolfsmell comes outta the left corner and bashes the use of "beast mode" straight into the boards by asking why the F!!k people have to use it all the time. Follows it up with a quick shot to the face by again questioning the same damn question all over again he then tries to smooth it over as best he can by suggesting people stop using such a lame term!

announcer 2: aaaannnd wolfsmell sh1ts the bed on that one and can't even get the last part out right, everyone should completely disregard his comments due to being unable to complete a sentence properly!!!!!! That's the game folks! Everyone everywhere had a beast of a game!!!!

#215 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,171 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Nice hands tonight.

9jRgxTJ.gif

#216 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 28,748 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

If Kassian turns into a Joe Thornton, I just hope he's a Thornton with an edge and shows up in the playoffs. Looks like Kassian showed up last night as a clutch guy.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#217 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

I concur with the use of "beast mode". For someone like Kassian who is trying to maintain his play as opposed to taking nights off like he has done in the past it probably doesn't work well. I'd just prefer him to play consistently from game to game.

This is where he needs to step up. He was hyped up last night in front of a big home crowd and he came through. Kind of like his game against the Sabres last season. Now he needs to keep it coming. He has loads of talent. Just needs to play hard every night and he will be a stud.

#218 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Can anyone confirm that the player at 1:00 was Kassian. Looked like him to me. And if it was the kids got slick hands.

Sig too big. 

#219 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Can anyone confirm that the player at 1:00 was Kassian. Looked like him to me. And if it was the kids got slick hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnT7PQTraYM

Looks like him :)

#220 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Guys keep in mind too that Kassian is a full year younger than Cody and is now where Cody was last year...

#221 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Guys keep in mind too that Kassian is a full year younger than Cody and is now where Cody was last year...

If only I could find the the countless times I have said that on here.
Posted Image

#222 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

had a good game

Posted Image
Mode

he had a complete and dominant game, Arniel himself said it was the best game he's see Kass play and had nothing but praise for him. It was more than just a "good game".

Edited by avelanch, 20 October 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#223 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Beast it up tonight KASS!!

#224 Nas19

Nas19

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Kassian has been in beast mode to start this season. Hopefully he can keep beastin it up.

Edited by Nas19, 20 October 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#225 Ihatetomatoes

Ihatetomatoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Not to be a downer but I definitley remember Kass going beastly for his first few games as a Canuck as well then fading away. Lets hope he finds that intensity for every game not just the first few exciting ones. Does mean that he'll be a dominant playoff guy if he can pick it up for the big games.
Its hard to care when you don't

#226 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Not to be a downer but I definitley remember Kass going beastly for his first few games as a Canuck as well then fading away. Lets hope he finds that intensity for every game not just the first few exciting ones. Does mean that he'll be a dominant playoff guy if he can pick it up for the big games.

That had a lot to do with his level of endurance and what kind of shape he was in. His offseason training has gotten him in much better shape for this year and I think he will do much better at maintaining his level of play.

Edited by Hansen 36, 20 October 2012 - 06:33 PM.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#227 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,720 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Beastmode activated.

Target Located.

Destroy!

Edited by playboi19, 20 October 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#228 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Mobile

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#229 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

cant win em all

#230 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

I just hope that AV will give Kassian the opportunity to play in the top-six and not just plug him in on the 4th line because he's got the skills and talent to be a top-six power-forward.

#231 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

:huh:

Joe Thornton???

Where the heck does that comparison come from... #1 overall pick with elite skills. He is a bit of dork (understatement) but still an absolute world class talent at a different level. Already has more assists than either Twin has points in the same time frame.

I'd be thrilled (!) and more than satisfied if Kassian gets 500, perhaps (dreaming) 600 NHL points and is an as advertised dominant physical player, perhaps an all star nomination, which is probably his peak expectation.

Does anyone else here expect Kassian's trophy case to include Heart and Art Ross trophies, Olympic teams, career PPG and near 1100 points with potential left to hit 1400, 1500, likely HHOF?

I smell a man crush... :wub:

If Kassian turns into a Joe Thornton, I just hope he's a Thornton with an edge and shows up in the playoffs. Looks like Kassian showed up last night as a clutch guy.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 22 October 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#232 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

You're being a bit of a downer.

#233 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 28,464 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Like that he's put an emphasis on fitness (apparently dropping 15 lbs?).

The 21-year-old Kassian was especially sound in weekend games in Abbotsford, B.C., not far from Vancouver. He scored in both games, fought and won in each outing, and by all accounts looks to be skating much better after a summer dedicated to his fitness.

Canucks general manager Mike Gillis had plenty to do with Kassian's improved conditioning. He cajoled his 6-foot-3, 214-pound youngster to spend a week training with Henrik and Daniel Sedin in Vancouver, as well as a three-week stint with Canucks skills coach Glenn Carnegie at the THC Centre in Winnipeg, and another 10-day session at Nike's training centre in Beaverton, Ore.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ahl-starts.html

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#234 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Joe Thornton???

Where the heck does that comparison come from... #1 overall pick with elite skills. He is a bit of dork (understatement) but still an absolute world class talent at a different level. Already has more assists than either Twin has points in the same time frame.

I'd be thrilled (!) and more than satisfied if Kassian gets 500, perhaps (dreaming) 600 NHL points and is an as advertised dominant physical player, perhaps an all star nomination, which is probably his peak expectation.

Does anyone else here expect Kassian's trophy case to include Heart and Art Ross trophies, Olympic teams, career PPG and near 1100 points with potential left to hit 1400, 1500, likely HHOF?

Joe Thornton???

You're being a bit of a downer.

Joe Thornton???

Anything is possible my friend. Depends on how much someone really wants something, and do whatever it takes to get there. Kass has the talent, tools, and the support to get him to an elite level in this game. Whether he has the drive to get there is entirely up to him though. He is also only 21, has a lot to learn, and still needs to improve/refine his game. Only time will tell. My point is that I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

#235 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Joe Thornton? Joe Thornton is a completely different type of player than Kassian. Completely. He's a world class talent.

With Kassian you are looking at a Chris Neal type player. If Kassian can match Neal's truculence and physicality it would be great, if Kassian can provide better offense than Neal (I'm hopeful) it would be a bonus.

Either way Kassian will never be a world class playmaker like Joe Thornton has been his entire career.

#236 Taelin

Taelin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm just hoping Kassian turns out like Big Bert, without the Moore incident and laziness on the defensive zone, of course.

#237 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 26,499 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Joe Thornton? Joe Thornton is a completely different type of player than Kassian. Completely. He's a world class talent.

With Kassian you are looking at a Chris Neal type player. If Kassian can match Neal's truculence and physicality it would be great, if Kassian can provide better offense than Neal (I'm hopeful) it would be a bonus.

Either way Kassian will never be a world class playmaker like Joe Thornton has been his entire career.

If Kassian only becomes a Chris Neil/Raffi Torres type player, it will be a huge fail for Canuck management, and our player development system.

His ceiling should be a Bertuzzi type player, otherwise it will be a failure. And it's really not that unrealistic when you consider Bertuzzi only really had 3 or 4 years where he was a dominant player.

If we can't get 3 or 4 years of Kassian being a top player in the league, then it will be a disappointment. Because I bet Hodgson will be a top player in the league for at least that long, if not longer.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#238 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,720 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Joe Thornton is a bad comparison, he's more of a bigger Henrik Sedin. Not that physical, passes instead of shooting. In tight checking series he dissapears.

Kassian is like a Hartnell. He has enough skill to play with the 1st liners and produce. But he's also one nasty piece of business and makes the other teams go crazy.

#239 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

And man, if he has a Hartnell career, that works for me. He looks like he has much better hands and offensive instincts than Hartnell though.
Posted Image

#240 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

If Kassian only becomes a Chris Neil/Raffi Torres type player, it will be a huge fail for Canuck management, and our player development system.

His ceiling should be a Bertuzzi type player, otherwise it will be a failure. And it's really not that unrealistic when you consider Bertuzzi only really had 3 or 4 years where he was a dominant player.

If we can't get 3 or 4 years of Kassian being a top player in the league, then it will be a disappointment. Because I bet Hodgson will be a top player in the league for at least that long, if not longer.

Huge difference in Neal and Torres DeNiro. It would be a disappointment if he turns out to be a Torres. Neal I can live with. Neal brings a lot to a team but like I said I'm hopeful Kassian scores more than Neal. I think he will.

If Kassian turns out to be a Bertuzzi in his prime then Canucks win the trade. Bert was one of the best players in the league for a couple of years, until the "incident".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.