The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian Talk

Bilbro Baggins

um, yeah....

love his chirp afterwords.

it was a questionable hit, to be honest, as i'm fairly certain both feet left the ice shortly before contact, but frack if i care. EDIT: (went frame by frame on the replay, his feet never left the ice until contact was first made, clean hit all the way) it wasn't a headshot, the kid wasn't injured, a hawks prospect will fear taking it behind the net now, and kass dropped the kid trying to step it up for his teammate (which i actually respect the hogs player for doing, as dumb as it made him look)

plus it sends a message, and he follows it up with an amazing (and strong) one handed pass for the nail in the coffin. great game by kass. It seems the term "power forward" was accurate after all. he needs to kep this up (though i'd like to see him keep both feet on the ice next time, just to be safe)

it was a questionable hit, to be honest, as i'm fairly certain both feet left the ice shortly before contact, but frack if i care. it wasn't a headshot, the kid wasn't injured, a hawks prospect will fear taking it behind the net now, and kass dropped the kid trying to step it up for his teammate (which i actually respect the hogs player for doing, as dumb as it made him look)

plus it sends a message, and he follows it up with an amazing (and strong) one handed pass for the nail in the coffin. great game by kass. It seems the term "power forward" was accurate after all. he needs to kep this up (though i'd like to see him keep both feet on the ice next time, just to be safe)

the hawks should already know to fear us behind the net (see Torres hit on seabrook )

it was a questionable hit, to be honest, as i'm fairly certain both feet left the ice shortly before contact, but frack if i care. it wasn't a headshot, the kid wasn't injured, a hawks prospect will fear taking it behind the net now, and kass dropped the kid trying to step it up for his teammate (which i actually respect the hogs player for doing, as dumb as it made him look)

It's arguable.

As Staton looks to lose his edge in an effort to stop and avoid the hit, which results in Kassian going 'on top' of him.

But it's very clear... that Kassian aimed for the shoulder, and not the head.

It's arguable.

As Staton looks to lose his edge in an effort to stop and avoid the hit, which results in Kassian going 'on top' of him.

But it's very clear... that Kassian aimed for the shoulder, and not the head.

very true, and upon further review, his feet didn't leave the ice until he first made contact. i retract my previous statement, clean hit all the way, and a monster one at that.

It's really nice to see him playing with some aggression and that assist later in the game was a beauty too. Which is what I like to see, a lot of people don't realize that Kassian has always been more of a pass-first type (which is rare for a power-forward).

Signs of good things to come.

Archived