Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bronski beat

why did we trade cody hodgson

422 posts in this topic

i head gillis said it was to make bronski beat cry.

Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

On paper, this might be considered a bad deal, certainly offensively. But we have a small window of a couple of years to make this work and since we've got Henrik and Kes locked up, Cody wasn't giving us what we needed on the 3rd line. Instead, we have 2 shutdown centres on our bottom 6, and for Hodgson we get and absolute monster who can fill the piece that was missing last year IMMEDIATELY. He's crazy, in a good way. We also get another guy who can step in right away in Bragnani, who should have a good opportunity to be a more developed Connauton. It sucks that we're giving up a player with huge upside, but how many years would he be floundering on the 3rd line waiting for Hank to retire? Winger? waste of his time and ours.

Boston fans and media are laughing at us right now thinking we can beat them by adding a bigger guy in the line up, while losing our top rookie cody.

gillis knew that he was being fired for his terrible record here and decided to take the ship down with him, its pretty obvious, duh.

Oh but YOU said he was supposed to be the future captain of the CANUCKS, did you not? He may be an amazing person........however, unless you have some sort of crystal ball or have been to a palm reader lately, I believe there's only one idiot here..........

Boston fans and media are laughing at us right now thinking we can beat them by adding a bigger guy in the line up, while losing our top rookie cody.

yes i did, when henrik retires and kesler's body has had enough hodgson would be captain