421 replies to this topic

#61 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

1/3 of his years having more goals than assists is much different than a career (at all levels) where Grabner posts a 2:1 ratio of goals to assists. Have you forgotten the debate, son?

Seriously, its like you are going out of your way to misinterpret anything I say. You want Grabner but you don't want Grabner? WTF? You want me to debate your self-chosen selection of draft picks and ignore the failures? You want to discuss Nonis trading away picks and comparing that to picks Gillis traded away? You want to discuss the trade deadline moves Nonis made and wasted picks on? Have you forgotten that?

Until you show the ability to understand me there isn't any point in debating your (deliberate?) misinterpretation.

PS Grabner sucks. Only the worst teams in the league would accept a player like him, and not for long.

Posted Image

#62 Yoshitomo

Yoshitomo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'm just Hoping that we find another talented centerman before the Sedins retire. If Kesler is still here when the Sedins sail off, I trust Gillis to already have a prospective 2nd line center.

It hurts to have Hodgson go before we see his potential but Gillis wants a cup now, now, now. I'm sure he'll do well in Buffalo and now he'll have more opportunities to utilize his slapshot against Boston:) It was unfortunate we stifled his development with limited icetime. At least Burke/Nonis' core is still here and amazing.

Edited by Yoshitomo, 28 February 2012 - 06:19 PM.

"You wanna be a farmer? Here's a couple of acres!"

#63 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

ok, i think there is alot more to this deal than meets the eye. first the fact that when mike gillis was asked if cody asked for a trade he said no comment. which would make us think he did. but im sure we all heard cody's interview with james duthie the kid sounded really shocked. meaning most likely he didnt ask for one. rumour is cody's agent and dad pushed for this trade. now people saying he was never going to play before henrik and ryan acting like he is chained to only be a centerman. can he not just play on the second line wing?
sedin sedin burrows
booth kesler hodgson
higgins pahlson hansen

this kid was sopposed to be our future captian when kesler and sedin were gone. nothing against zack kassian i love the kid but i really strongly beleive we could have adressed our toughness issue without trading hodgson like cmon. i would much rather overypay raymond and a 1st for moen or ott.

coach v never liked cody he never liked shirokov he never liked grabner. i have a hard time picturing niklas jensen playing on this team same with schroader. and with kassian i think he is going to be treated like ballard. he is going to make him a healthy scratch in the playoffs only playing him when we have injuries. which would make this trade look extremely bad. cody could have played wing with kesler everyone would have been happy we would have the defence/checking 3rd line. cody hodgson dosn't have one negative thing to his game, he has all the traits to be a great team leader. the truth is we could have adressed our toughness issue without trading cody.
i also think coach v is a terrible coach on an amazing team.

one more thing this trade really worries me for what we can get for schnieder

To this day I'm still asking the same question WHY?
Couldn't agree more with your post it's dead on, especially the part I highlighted.

Cody Hodgson (Buf)
12GP - 2G - 2A = 4Points
2 PIM(Penaly Minutes)

Zack Kassian (Van)
10GP - 1G - 1A = 2Points
29 PIM

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#64 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

yes i did, when henrik retires and kesler's body has had enough hodgson would be captain

Not even close... Our next captain hasn't even been drafted or traded for yet.

Cody wanted out, he and his father complained about ice time, He may turn out to be a great player, but Kassians type of player is much more sought after. Big, burly, fast and physical with good hockey sense.

We are modeling our team after Detroit. NO PRIMA DONNAS
I Love Lamp...

#65 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

Not even close... Our next captain hasn't even been drafted or traded for yet.

Cody wanted out, he and his father complained about ice time, He may turn out to be a great player, but Kassians type of player is much more sought after. Big, burly, fast and physical with good hockey sense.

We are modeling our team after Detroit. NO PRIMA DONNAS

Big wingers are not in at all in short supply. In fact Buffalo has called up two similar players from the AHL that have both surpassed what Kassian was doing in way fewer games. Foligno and Tropp have both been very good and with Sulzer chipping in and Hodgson scoring the Sabres are very happy with this move.

The Canucks picked up a a guy playing on the fourth line (albeit with loads of potential) and a defenceman in Gragnani that will most likely be gone in the summer. I don't think this is going to be a positive trade down the road.

Top line centres are hard to come by. Buffalo definitely got the hotter commodity in this trade with the much higher potential.

Now that Hodgson is starting to produce the pressure on Kassian also will start to go up. It is going to be tough for him in Vancouver. Brutal market for rookies to come up in. Probably only Montreal and Toronto have more media and fan scrutiny on the young players.

Edited by bd71, 22 March 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#66 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

POPULAR

To this day I'm still asking the same question WHY?
Couldn't agree more with your post it's dead on, especially the part I highlighted.

Cody Hodgson (Buf)
12GP - 2G - 2A = 4Points
2 PIM(Penaly Minutes)

Zack Kassian (Van)
10GP - 1G - 1A = 2Points
29 PIM

Jesus, just give it up already. Why didn't you post the stat comparison before last night? ohhh yea, they both would have had the same amount of points. Oh and why were there no Hodgson threads until now...Maybe because he has done nothing for Buffalo before last night. You fans are so fickle.

And there was a reason for AV not playing Grabner. I like how last year people would bring up Grabner all the time, yet this season when he came back to earth, no one has really mentioned him. He is making 3 million a year now on a long contract and is a soft player playing inconsistently. And you would you want AV to play a guy like that, as if the canucks were not soft up front 2 years ago.

You Hodgson homers are so ridiculous. You guys just overlook that this is Kassian's first year adjusting to the nhl. What did Hodgson do for us in his first year? Also, Hodgson is not a 3rd line center and simply didn't fit on our team since we have top 6 centers. You guy's just want instant gratification and just because this trade didn't help us out instantly, you are all crying like a bunch of babies.

Grow up and give the trade some time. I'm sick of hearing this whining whenever a player we traded starts playing well. You guys did it with Grabner last year and now you'll be doing it with Hodgson whenever he has a good game. As soon as they stop playing well, you all run away.

You Suck!
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#67 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

Big wingers are not in at all in short supply. In fact Buffalo has called up two similar players from the AHL that have both surpassed what Kassian was doing in way fewer games. Foligno and Tropp have both been very good and with Sulzer chipping in the and Hodgson scoring the Sabres are very happy with this move.

The Canucks picked up a a guy playing on the fourth line (albeit with loads potential) and a defenceman in Gragnani that will most likely be gone in the summer. I don't think this is going to be a positive trade down the road.

Top line centres are hard to come by. Buffalo definitely got the hotter commodity in this trade with the much higher potential.

Now that Hodgson is starting to produce the pressure on Kassian also will start to go up. It is going to be tough for him in Vancouver. Brutal market for rookies to come up in. Probably only Montreal and Toronto have more media and fan scrutiny on the young players.

+1

#68 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

I'm still in favour of board members needing at least 100 posts or something before they are allowed to make threads.

And bring back the minus button.

RIP LB RR PD

#69 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,549 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

To correct Bertuzzi Babe, when Hodgson was drafted they were talking about Vancouver getting a steal, and about his on ice vision and his LEADERSHIP ability, and potential to be a future captain. This was from people like Bob McKenzie at TSN.

You have to give up something to get something. As long as Kassian turns into a Bertuzzi/Neely type player (If he gets 60 points a season, plays like a wrecking ball, etc.) then it would be worth it. Power Forwards are hard to find.

Short term however. If Kes or Henrik got injured in the playoffs, having a player like Cody would have been good insurance.
This is deal is more long term help, than short-term. It was a bold move, and typical unexpected Mike Gillis. However unless Kassian was the guy that Gillis coveted, maybe he should have looked more on the open market, and perhaps he might have gotten a better deal, perhaps not.

I'm not upset we lost Grabner. I'm upset that to make that deal we had to give up a first rounder. I would have looked elsewhere, and looked for another d-man. Quinton Howden may very well be another solid power forward and a good winger that would could use long term.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#70 iamspuzzum

iamspuzzum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

Don't forget we still have Steven Reinprecht who's going to be called up come playoffs. He's also a center.. a $2M center who would still put Cody in the spot of "not needed". Canucks just have to wait until regular season ends, as he has to clear re-entry waivers during the season.

#71 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

I'm still in favour of board members needing at least 100 posts or something before they are allowed to make threads.

And bring back the minus button.

Try backing up your ideas with any sort of reason. Do you get off on shaming others?, or perhaps wearing them down, so that they won't speak their minds?
Shame on you Jai! :picard:

#72 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

Jesus, just give it up already.

You fans are so fickle.

You Hodgson homers are so ridiculous.

What did Hodgson do for us in his first year?

You guy's just want instant gratification....

you are all crying like a bunch of babies.

Grow up and give the trade some time.

I'm sick of hearing this whining....

You Suck!

We are all Canucks.

#73 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

I dont know why a lot of people had Cody penciled in to be the Canucks captain of the future. Christ half this board wanted him gone last year and called him a bust and wanted gillis head for drafting him. Dude scores some goals as a 3rd line center and all of a sudden he is the next Crosby. Give it a couple of years before people can really asses this trade.

#74 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

Boston fans and media are laughing at us right now thinking we can beat them by adding a bigger guy in the line up, while losing our top rookie cody.

Shake yer head and screw the Bruins idjit fans .. neither Cody NOR Kass are going to win a series against the Bruins .. :picard:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#75 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

soo many threads...

you can say that again

#76 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Cody Hodgson was supposed to be a top 2 center and the future captain of this team....according to who exactly? If you think about it, this is pretty much impossible. He would be behind Kesler and Hank for a good 5+ years. So this silly idea so many people seem to have in their head really doesn't make a lot of sense.

And please, don't give me that ''well he could have played on the wing'' crap. We witnessed this experiment and Cody wasn't nearly as effective on the wing. He is a natural center and playing him on the wing would not be using him to his full potential at all. This would piss his agent off even more.
Posted Image

#77 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Enough already. Hodgson's gone... let's move on. It's like some of you are pining for a girlfriend who left you.

#78 #76

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Kassian is a plug. We lost in this trade.

#79 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Oh but YOU said he was supposed to be the future captain of the CANUCKS, did you not? He may be an amazing person........however, unless you have some sort of crystal ball or have been to a palm reader lately, I believe there's only one outstanding case of idiocy here..........

I find it kind of ironic that when he was here with us, playing for us, many of the fans here said he would be the next captain of the Canucks and maybe linden #2

Now that he's gone, "WHO SAID HE WAS GOING TO BE A CAPTAIN?!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posted Image

#80 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

At least add something new if you're going to address this topic once again. You've added nothing at all.

To the point, Cody was gone in the summer anyway if he didn't go at the deadline. Gillis saw the deal he wanted and he took it.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#81 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

:picard: .......

#82 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Kassian is a plug.  We lost in this trade.

explain please.

#83 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

At least add something new if you're going to address this topic once again. You've added nothing at all.

To the point, Cody was gone in the summer anyway if he didn't go at the deadline. Gillis saw the deal he wanted and he took it.

So many future tellers on this forum
Posted Image

#84 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

So many future tellers on this forum

well you have the biggest crystal ball of all.

#85 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Cody postings won't go away. Deal with it. And he's just starting to light it up. What worries me is we have been losing ever since the trade. It's going to suck if we fail and Cody become a superstar. That's what it's starting to look like.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#86 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,358 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

The Canucks now have no chance without our saviour

Hodgson Hodgson Hodgson
Hodgson Hodgson Hodgson
Hodgson Hodgson Hodgson
Hodgson Hodgson Hodgson

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Salo
Ballard Rome

Luongo

We traded it all away.

ps - love that Kassian - great addition.

#87 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

I dont know why a lot of people had Cody penciled in to be the Canucks captain of the future. Christ half this board wanted him gone last year and called him a bust and wanted gillis head for drafting him. Dude scores some goals as a 3rd line center and all of a sudden he is the next Crosby. Give it a couple of years before people can really asses this trade.

Funny part is that this is dead true

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#88 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Cody Hodgson was supposed to be a top 2 center and the future captain of this team....according to who exactly? If you think about it, this is pretty much impossible. He would be behind Kesler and Hank for a good 5+ years. So this silly idea so many people seem to have in their head really doesn't make a lot of sense.

And please, don't give me that ''well he could have played on the wing'' crap. We witnessed this experiment and Cody wasn't nearly as effective on the wing. He is a natural center and playing him on the wing would not be using him to his full potential at all. This would piss his agent off even more.

Dank Hank Bur
Booth Hodgson Kesler

why would this not work in a couple of years??
because Kes is such a "team player" he'd cry and ask for a trade?

#89 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

They are trying to go as many years as possible between developing offensive forward prospects. They saw Cody up there in rookie scoring and panicked.

#90 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

To correct Bertuzzi Babe, when Hodgson was drafted they were talking about Vancouver getting a steal, and about his on ice vision and his LEADERSHIP ability, and potential to be a future captain. This was from people like Bob McKenzie at TSN.

Pretty sure that was the same chump that said Jiri Slegr would be a perennial Norris contender too.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.