The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

why did we trade cody hodgson

bronski beat

At least add something new if you're going to address this topic once again. You've added nothing at all.

To the point, Cody was gone in the summer anyway if he didn't go at the deadline. Gillis saw the deal he wanted and he took it.

The Canucks now have no chance without our saviour

Hodgson Hodgson Hodgson

Hodgson Hodgson Hodgson

Hodgson Hodgson Hodgson

Hodgson Hodgson Hodgson

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Salo

Ballard Rome

Luongo

We traded it all away.

ps - love that Kassian - great addition.

I dont know why a lot of people had Cody penciled in to be the Canucks captain of the future. Christ half this board wanted him gone last year and called him a bust and wanted gillis head for drafting him. Dude scores some goals as a 3rd line center and all of a sudden he is the next Crosby. Give it a couple of years before people can really asses this trade.

Cody Hodgson was supposed to be a top 2 center and the future captain of this team....according to who exactly? If you think about it, this is pretty much impossible. He would be behind Kesler and Hank for a good 5+ years. So this silly idea so many people seem to have in their head really doesn't make a lot of sense.

And please, don't give me that ''well he could have played on the wing'' crap. We witnessed this experiment and Cody wasn't nearly as effective on the wing. He is a natural center and playing him on the wing would not be using him to his full potential at all. This would piss his agent off even more.

To correct Bertuzzi Babe, when Hodgson was drafted they were talking about Vancouver getting a steal, and about his on ice vision and his LEADERSHIP ability, and potential to be a future captain. This was from people like Bob McKenzie at TSN.

ok, i think there is alot more to this deal than meets the eye. first the fact that when mike gillis was asked if cody asked for a trade he said no comment. which would make us think he did. but im sure we all heard cody's interview with james duthie the kid sounded really shocked. meaning most likely he didnt ask for one. rumour is cody's agent and dad pushed for this trade. now people saying he was never going to play before henrik and ryan acting like he is chained to only be a centerman. can he not just play on the second line wing?

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler hodgson

higgins pahlson hansen

this kid was sopposed to be our future captian when kesler and sedin were gone. nothing against zack kassian i love the kid but i really strongly beleive we could have adressed our toughness issue without trading hodgson like cmon. i would much rather overypay raymond and a 1st for moen or ott.

coach v never liked cody he never liked shirokov he never liked grabner. i have a hard time picturing niklas jensen playing on this team same with schroader. and with kassian i think he is going to be treated like ballard. he is going to make him a healthy scratch in the playoffs only playing him when we have injuries. which would make this trade look extremely bad. cody could have played wing with kesler everyone would have been happy we would have the defence/checking 3rd line. cody hodgson dosn't have one negative thing to his game, he has all the traits to be a great team leader. the truth is we could have adressed our toughness issue without trading cody.

i also think coach v is a terrible coach on an amazing team.

one more thing this trade really worries me for what we can get for schnieder

I for one have been happy with Kassian and haven't looked back. He may not have Hodgson's scoring touch but he does so much more for the team and that will be EXTREMELY valuable come playoff time. What makes Lucic and Horton such assets for Boston is that when they're not scoring, they are doing everything physically possible to help there team.

Also, everyone should keep in mind that Kassian is a year behind in his developement than Hodgson so it makes sense that he is not as effective RIGHT NOW as Hodgson is.

Jesus, just give it up already. Why didn't you post the stat comparison before last night? ohhh yea, they both would have had the same amount of points. Oh and why were there no Hodgson threads until now...Maybe because he has done nothing for Buffalo before last night. You fans are so fickle.

And there was a reason for AV not playing Grabner. I like how last year people would bring up Grabner all the time, yet this season when he came back to earth, no one has really mentioned him. He is making 3 million a year now on a long contract and is a soft player playing inconsistently. And you would you want AV to play a guy like that, as if the canucks were not soft up front 2 years ago.

You Hodgson homers are so ridiculous. You guys just overlook that this is Kassian's first year adjusting to the nhl. What did Hodgson do for us in his first year? Also, Hodgson is not a 3rd line center and simply didn't fit on our team since we have top 6 centers. You guy's just want instant gratification and just because this trade didn't help us out instantly, you are all crying like a bunch of babies.

Grow up and give the trade some time. I'm sick of hearing this whining whenever a player we traded starts playing well. You guys did it with Grabner last year and now you'll be doing it with Hodgson whenever he has a good game. As soon as they stop playing well, you all run away.

You Suck!

I dont know why a lot of people had Cody penciled in to be the Canucks captain of the future. Christ half this board wanted him gone last year and called him a bust and wanted gillis head for drafting him. Dude scores some goals as a 3rd line center and all of a sudden he is the next Crosby. Give it a couple of years before people can really asses this trade.

Archived