The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC teacher strike

You're just flat out wrong. You will not get into UBC's program with a 65% average during your undergrad. Not unless you bribe the deciding committee. I went to a less reputable school than UBC (albeit one that offered a full BEd and not just a PDP), and the standards were definately not as low as 65%. Lots of folks didn't get accepted. Besides, saying what the "minimum standard" for a program will be, is not the same as saying what the competitive standard actually is.

The hardest part of getting a job as a teacher is the get a job part what with all the old crones hanging on and even the so called retired ones sucking up all the sub teacher jobs.

So who cares how hard the degree is to get? There's a lot line of teachers. The supply is greater than the demand.

The hardest part of getting a job as a teacher is the get a job part what with all the old crones hanging on and even the so called retired ones sucking up all the sub teacher jobs.

So who cares how hard the degree is to get? There's a lot line of teachers. The supply is greater than the demand.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Thought I would post an update here.

I'm waiting in the parking lot to pick up my brother and at least 90% of the students walked out... (the walk began @ 2:00).

Students protesting at my intersection, but here's a rant I posted on HFBoards:

My god. Students at my school are 'protesting' for a better education while our school is full of stoners, and kids who don't give two craps. Yet, they feel the need to 'protest' for our crappy teachers (and crappy is being nice....) so we can have a 'better education'. The one big issue I see, is the lack of actual teachers, you know, ones that actually fracking TEACH you.

Just an excuse to get out of school is all. I'll support my teachers, but first if they would actually do the job they've been hired for, they'd get my support. Until then, not a chance you get my support by 'protesting'.

I should also mention that they're wasting our cops' time by having to patrol these moronic kids while they sit at my intersection.

High School students really need to figure out who they are. On a normal school day, they hate their teachers and hope to never see them again (except for the odd teacher that's an actual good TEACHER). The next day they're supporting their teachers and I highly doubt they even know what the hell is happening.

/rant

I failed math because my math teacher in grade 11 was lazy. Although, he sure seemed to help his favourites which were mostly girls... I was sick for a week and came back the following week and he was handing back a test. I got up and went up to him and told I hadn't written it and he asked why not? I told him I was sick and he goes 'Did you give me a note?' I said 'no but I can get one' and he goes 'too late for that, now go sit down.' It was the first day back from being sick, how was I suppose to get him a note? On top of that he refused to help me. I wish I'd given him a big frack you and walked out. A couple classes later I stopped going, I was already failing and couldn't afford a tutor.

Archived