The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] This Offseason

Gillis should target columbus' 1st if that can be pried away for a package with schneider.

if not, yeah that tampa package is nice return for schneider.

But still hoping Gillis would realize its better to keep schneider and just convince an aging luongo to waive his ntc after canucks win the cup; even if the return of trading luongo may not better than the return of schneider's.

Luongo will decline significantly in 2 years.

If Schneider goes it better be for Tampas two first rounders. Then i'd trade Raymond, hopefully we win the cup and Salo retires happily. Schneiders,Salos,Raymonds contracts off the books. TRY and trade either Ballard/Alberts for a pick. Then i'd go after Suter.

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Suter

Gragnani-Tanev

Rome

Ballard or Alberts

Connaughton

Trade Schnieder + Ballard to TB's for 2 x 1st round draft picks + 2nd round draft pick.

Trade 3 x 1st round draft picks (TB's and VAN) + Raymond to NSH for Weber.

Van gets Weber (#1 D-man)

NSH gets 3 x 1st round picks to deal away to upgrade in other areas and Raymond (top 6 forward).

Personally, I keep the draft picks or prospects (whichever come). With the amount of excitement people have over a player like Jensen who was drafted 29th overall can you imagine how excited people would be with 3 players of the same quality all coming in at the same time? I don't think the CDC would know what to do with themselves. Even without Weber we have a solid team and signing Garrison to a home town discount (optimistic about that) sounds a lot nicer than shipping away THAT MUCH for an expensive player like Shea.

This offseason, (assuming we DONT win this year)

- salo probably wont retire, but would sign at maybe $1m

- trade Raymond/2nd together because raymond himself is garbage...maybe trade to MTL for Pacioretty?

- trade Ballard for possibly any picks

- probably not resign Manny

That would free up 7-8million.

Then sign Weber to a long term deal about $6m per.

Sedins - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Pacioretty - Schroeder - Hansen

Kassian - Pahlsson - Lappy

Edler - Weber

Hammer - Juice

Grangnani - Salo

Tanev

Lu

Lack

That's pretty awesome.

- trade Raymond/2nd together because raymond himself is garbage...maybe trade to MTL for Pacioretty?

Sedins - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Edler - Weber

Hammer - Juice

Grangnani - Salo

Tanev

Lu

Lack

That's pretty awesome.

I think out of all the young goaltenders we are holding on to the most prized posession. His value can only get higher from here on.

Possible trading partners

Toronto

Columbus

New York Islanders

Tampa Bay

New Jersey

out of those there is only one western conference team which is a positive. I think the real trading partners we should be watching for is Tampa and Jersey.

1st round pick, good prospect, and maybe even more. We have to ask how much we would give up for Schneider if we didn't have Lu.

Sedins - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Edler - Weber

Hammer - Juice

Grangnani - Salo

Tanev

Lu

Lack

That's pretty awesome.

Tampa is in desperation for a goaltender and having Stamkos+Schneider would be the back-bone of their organization for yearsssss to come...Im already drooling. There are many more teams that will have significant interest too, which will force a team to overpay. Draftday will be more like "Cory Schneider auction day" and for the Canucks it will be like going to the bank cashing in a big cheque. PAYDAY!!!!!!!!

Tampa is in desperation for a goaltender and having Stamkos+Schneider would be the back-bone of their organization for yearsssss to come...Im already drooling. There are many more teams that will have significant interest too, which will force a team to overpay. Draftday will be more like "Cory Schneider auction day" and for the Canucks it will be like going to the bank cashing in a big cheque. PAYDAY!!!!!!!!

Screw their 2 first rounders.. Connolly and their top pick or no Schnieder.

I wouldn't be surprised if gillis decided to go with Schnieder in the end of this.. Lu's ntc will be easily lifted if he's playing behind the kid

Archived