Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Ehrhoff's Return This Saturday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#31 SabresFan

SabresFan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Wow, I'm surprised someone of your stature (ON CDC) would even say that? How could you not cheer for Cody???? Nobody said 'cheer for the sabres'

Retract your statement!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, or not I don't give a frack, just a dumb thing to say IMO.

Well......

I did :)

#32 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

If Cody was never traded to Buffalo this game would of been about Ehrhoff, but it's not anymore it's all about CODY, and I hope cody scores a HAT TRICK and AV can suck on that.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#33 davebabychisback

davebabychisback

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

If Cody was never traded to Buffalo this game would of been about Ehrhoff, but it's not anymore it's all about CODY, and I hope cody scores a HAT TRICK and AV can suck on that.

You know Mike Gillis is the GM right?
Posted Image

#34 tippefan

tippefan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Ehrhoff deserves to be cheered. He was a good player for us.

He must have been having a bad day as he stopped and signed after a game last year. I've heard lots of good stories about him in that regard.

#35 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

ErWHO? whatever I'll be watching for Cody. Hope he has a good game. 4-3 Canucks win with a Hatty for Cody.
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#36 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

You know Mike Gillis is the GM right?

Really I don't know anymore, AV asked last year for Lappiere and Higgins and he's not the GM but Gillis did it, supposdley AV wanted Kassien and Gillis did it hmm who is the GM? Who said Cody never had a back injury and it wasn't anything serious AV, yet Cody still missed more than 3 quarters of a season and even had surgery, but AV said it wasn't anything serious at all and he should of toughened it out! Who purposely cut back Cohos minutes game after game because he didn't like the guy? hmm AV. Who said Codys mins should be compaired to Henrik Sedins rookie year minutes which was in 1998? hmm AV. Who said after Cody was rookie of the month his minutes should be cut back more? hmm AV. Who destroyed Codys potential in Vancouver hmm AV!

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 29 February 2012 - 07:35 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#37 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Multi post!

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 29 February 2012 - 07:36 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

#38 davebabychisback

davebabychisback

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Really I don't know anymore, AV asked last year for Lappiere and Higgins and he's not the GM but Gillis did it, supposdley AV wanted Kassien and Gillis did it hmm who is the GM? Who said Cody never had a back injury and it wasn't anything serious AV, yet Cody still missed more than 3 quarters of a season and even had surgery, but AV said it wasn't anything serious at all and he should of toughened it out! Who purposely cut back Cohos minutes game after game because he didn't like the guy? hmm AV. Who said he Codys mins should be compaired to Henrik Sedins rookie year minutes which was in 1998? hmm AV. Who said after Cody was rookie of the month his minutes should be cut back more? hmm AV. Who destroyed Codys potential in Vancouver hmm AV!

Did you want to show us proof somewhere that AV asked for Higgins, Lapierre and Kassian? Do you also want to back up the claim that it was AV who said it wasn't anything serious when Hodgson's back was injured?

Can you also prove he cut back Hodgson's minutes simply because he didn't like him, and not for any other reasons (Like, he's a rookie, inexperienced, not tough enough, etc)?

Implying Gillis is a puppet for AV is kind of silly.
Posted Image

#39 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

During the Finals last year, I was outside the hotel that the Canucks stayed at and Ehrhoff smiled and waved to the fans and honked his horn as he pulled away. After the Canucks returned from game 6, I went to see them as they arrived and again, Ehrhoff was smiling, gave the fans a wave and honked his horn again while some of the other players barely acknowledged the fans.

Ehrhoff did what he had to do so stop hating on him for it.

#40 davebabychisback

davebabychisback

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

During the Finals last year, I was outside the hotel that the Canucks stayed at and Ehrhoff smiled and waved to the fans and honked his horn as he pulled away. After the Canucks returned from game 6, I went to see them as they arrived and again, Ehrhoff was smiling, gave the fans a wave and honked his horn again while some of the other players barely acknowledged the fans.

Ehrhoff did what he had to do so stop hating on him for it.

Again, it's not so much the fact that he left for more money that makes people upset, it's the insult of pretending it wasn't about the money, and that he claimed he figured Buffalo was a better chance at a cup than Vancouver.
Posted Image

#41 ZackAttack-9

ZackAttack-9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well......

I did :)

You're pushing your luck little man........

#42 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Did you want to show us proof somewhere that AV asked for Higgins, Lapierre and Kassian? Do you also want to back up the claim that it was AV who said it wasn't anything serious when Hodgson's back was injured?

Can you also prove he cut back Hodgson's minutes simply because he didn't like him, and not for any other reasons (Like, he's a rookie, inexperienced, not tough enough, etc)?

Implying Gillis is a puppet for AV is kind of silly.

If you really need to know, AV coached both Higgins and Lapierre in Montreal just so you know. I can't find the video footage, but I still remember them saying last year how AV was really pushing to get Lapierre here. AV liked him because he had an edge and was a hard worker. They also said AV felt he could control Lapierre from taking stupid penalties and being a cheap player, because that was the reputation Lapierre had before coming here, but AV knew this because he had ALREADY COACHED HIM!

Drafted 61st overall by Montreal in 2003, Lapierre also has 35 playoff games in five seasons with the Canadiens, where he played for Canucks coach Alain Vigneault.
"Alain is completely confident he has a good relationship with him and that he's coachable and that he wants to win," Gillis said. "That was a major reason we made this transaction."

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ks-higgins.html

I don't know what team you have been following but you sure don't seem to hear the real stories behind everything, here is the truth you seem to not know enjoy!

He suffered a back injury the summer before his second Vancouver training camp. When Hodgson complained about ongoing pain after being sent back to junior, Canuck coach Alain Vigneault suggested the player was looking for a reason for his poor pre-season.

The remarks infuriated Hodgson’s family, and the player eventually sought medical treatment privately. He lost nearly a full season of development time. Hodgson then dropped Canuck player-development chief Dave Gagner as his primary training coach and hired Gary Roberts. Hodgson changed agents twice.

When I asked him in January if he ever felt during that bleak winter two years ago that he needed a change, if only to shed baggage, Hodgson paused and said: “I don’t really like looking back. It’s tough getting into all that now. I feel I’m in a good position now and contributing. I was fortunate to have friends and family who supported me all the way through.”

Hodgson had to go elsewhere to get more minutes. With Rich Winter as his agent, it’s easy to envision the player demanding out. Conspicuously, Gillis didn’t refute that scenario on Monday, telling a reporter: “Things that happen behind closed doors in our offices are not for public consumption. I’m not going to discuss it.”

http://www.vancouver...7625/story.html

Jesus it's even in the Wikipedia for morons!

Hodgson subsequently sought a third opinion regarding his back at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.[53] In response, Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault publicly speculated whether Hodgson was simply having a hard time being cut and was trying to "roll the [blame] in another direction."[57] Despite having been cleared earlier to play in the pre-season by two sets of doctors, the Cleveland Clinic judged him unfit to play for a month.[58] Previously undetected nerve damage in one leg was also revealed.[53] Due to Hodgson's misdiagnosis, which was not corrected until a year later, subsequent treatment and rehabilitation was designed for a bulging disc, which further aggravated his real injury – a muscle strain.[52]
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Cody_Hodgson

In time I will find you the Kassian one, at the moment I can't.
How much more info do you need before you see the real picture, and yes his minutes were cut because when you watched the games you saw!

Also game after game when Cody was the only player showing up for games and putting up points AV still wouldn't let him play OT 4 on 4 hockey, but Kassian plays 1 game in a Vancouver jersey and is allowed to play in OT, hmmm I wonder who AV favorites? Grit over talent nice, very nice.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 29 February 2012 - 08:30 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

#43 TheFleetwoodMack

TheFleetwoodMack

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

If you're going to the game, please boo that POS everytime he's on the ice. He's the worst Canuck that i've EVER had the "pleasure" of meeting. Rude to the fans, rude to the teammates. Why be nice to someone who wouldn't sign and take pictures with fans? Goodbye and good riddance.

So rude that he was the only player to stop for autographs after game 1 against Chicago, last spring.

#44 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

If you really need to know, AV coached both Higgins and Lapierre in Montreal just so you know. I can't find the video footage, but I still remember them saying last year how AV was really pushing to get Lapierre here. AV liked him because he had an edge and was a hard worker. They also said AV felt he could control Lapierre from taking stupid penalties and being a cheap player, because that was the reputation Lapierre had before coming here, but AV knew this because he had ALREADY COACHED HIM!

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ks-higgins.html

I don't know what team you have been following but you sure don't seem to hear the real stories behind everything, here is the truth you seem to not know enjoy!

Jesus it's even in the Wikipedia for morons!

In time I will find you the Kassian one, at the moment I can't.
How much more info do you need before you see the real picture, and yes his minutes were cut because when you watched the games you saw!

Also game after game when Cody was the only player showing up for games and putting up points AV still wouldn't let him play OT 4 on 4 hockey, but Kassian plays 1 game in a Vancouver jersey and is allowed to play in OT, hmmm I wonder who AV favorites? Grit over talent nice, very nice.

1.) Well, if AV suggested to Gillis that he pick up Higgins and Lappierre, and Gillis did it on AV's advice, then AV is doing a really good job of GM'ing this club. The Canucks got two guys who would be UFA if they didn't work out, so the cap was safe, and based on the quality of their play, then AV is a genius.

I prefer to think that Gillis is a smart GM for listening to his coach, and he was wise to reward both Higgins and Lapierre with new contracts.

2.) Did AV say that Hodgson should have toughed out his injury? I suppose so. Question: are you a medical doctor specializing in back injuries? I suspect you are not, and neither is AV. If you are the coach of a team and your team medical people say to you that they cannot find a problem with a player, then what they said will help shape your opinion of the player and that particular situation.

If you want be pissed at anyone over the back incident then you should be directing your complaint against the Canucks' medical staff for giving the management and coaching staff wrong information.

3.) Were Hodgson's minutes cut in some games? Probably. When he was playing poorly (and he did have games where he wasn't the best player on the ice, heck he wasn't even the tenth best player on the ice) then AV sitting him down was a deserved thing. Should AV have benched other other guys on occasion? Sure. Probably. If you want to discuss that then start up a "Who should AV have benched this game?" thread. Hodgson is the topic of discussion here.

Hodgson had defensive lapses, some of them didn't result in any harm, but some resulted in opposition scoring chances and even goals.

Also, if the Canucks were behind in a game, how many coaches would shorten their bench and play the Sedins and Kesler more, and how many would give more time to Cody Hodgson?

Hodgson did play "sheltered" minutes with this team. He was protected by AV. Putting Hodgson up against the opposition's bottom 6 lines and d-men was something designed to both improve Hodgson's confidence as well as provide minimum threat to the success of the team.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#45 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

I still remember the fact that he's had one of the worst +/- stats in the playoffs in the past decade or so.

#46 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

It's going to be a good hustle between Hodgson and Ehrhoff VS The Canucks! Canucks Win Easily With A Solid Effort!

#47 ninja321

ninja321

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

Weird I've met him before and he was actually really nice he signed some autographs and took some pics with some fans.
Posted Image
Sig and Avatar by Me :)

#48 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

So...if you have a job already, and another job offered you double or even triple whatever you're making right now, you would turn it down...?

Oh please say yes so that I may ridicule you some more...lol

I have and still would but it depends on the job .... very poor example ..
if it was the same job with a different company offering 2-3x then that would be different... just say'n

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#49 MrCuttingCrewed

MrCuttingCrewed

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

Well I apologize, Ehrhoff isn't that bad, wish he didn't score though, but Cody on the other hand.... good riddance.

#50 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,250 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Well I apologize, Ehrhoff isn't that bad, wish he didn't score though, but Cody on the other hand.... good riddance.

:picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.