The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Assassin's Creed III

Krazz

Just to add to my 2 cents (or 5), I think this AC3 is such a huge diversion from what made this series so great, and that is BUILDINGS. Seriously, no one outside of the US of A cares about the American revolution. This game is going to be just another Oregon Trail rather than Assassin's Creed. I'm not even sure I'd want to pick this one up from the $20 bin at Walmart.

AC was good while it lasted.

260px-Cover_art_for_Assassin%27s_Creed_III%2C_Mar_2012.jpg

Release Date: October 30, 2012

Platforms: PC, PS3, XBOX 360, Wii U

Multiplayer: TBA

Setting: American Revolution (1753 - 1783)

From Kotaku.com:

TL;DR:

- Ubisoft will be unveiling Assassin's Creed III on March 5, along with pre-order bonuses.

- Speculation (should be correct) is that the game is set in the American Revolution (Revoluationary War)

- The main character is expected to be full/part-Native American.

- Link to original article here.

Images relating to this will be in the next post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dayummmm.

I know some people are pissed about the setting, but I think it's cool that they're introducing wilderness. Adds a whole different aspect to free-running that's more dynamic, as well as a lot of different activities to do. You'll still have cities like Boston and New York (granted they won't be anything as awesome as Rome or Florence). Also the dual-wield fighting looks SO sick with the tomahawk and knife.

As for the story, I just hope they didn't pick the American Revolution to make it a complete 'Merica game. But Ubisoft said he's fighting for himself, his people, and the Assassins; so I guess he'll be killing continentals and redcoats (sure doesn't look that way from the trailers so far but we'll see). I have to say, I think the main character will be awesome. He sounds like a badass, and it's good to get First Nations characters in the mainstream and apparently they've hired Mohawk consultants. It's a culture that really needs more proper exposure.

Anyhoo, I'm hyped for AC3. They spent 3 years on it (a different team did Brotherhood and Revelations). I think the setting and character is cool, the gameplay looks more dynamic...should be good.

Archived