The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

Rate this topic

Yeah tonight will be a really big test for our short handed Rockets. If we had a full healthy line up I'd say Rockets in 6. However, right now I could see this series going both ways and if Kelowna gets fatigued it could be a real short one unfortunately. But woulda, coulda, shoulda, aside.... Go Rockets!!

So Wheaton played his first game back after 2.5 months injured last night. Hopefully he starts to get his legs back quickly. Also Carter Rigby is suiting up to take the pregame skate. Will see if he plays tonight or not but he's also been out for half the season and would be a huge addition especially with Baille being suspended.

Regan reports that both Wheaton and Rigby are still injured (both shoulder injuries) but the doctors have said their is no risk of long term injury so they decided to suit up for Round 2. Had this been regular season both players would probably not be playing still.

Shaw Commentator, in reference to a just-called penalty to Kelowna "If that is a cross-check it's the weakest cross-check in the history of the penalty. That's not a penalty on October 9th, let alone on April 9th."

Quit ruining the night refs Kamloops doesn't need your help they have a 2-0 series lead...

Edited by Nevlach

Shaw Commentator, in reference to a just-called penalty to Kelowna "If that is a cross-check it's the weakest cross-check in the history of the penalty. That's not a penalty on October 9th, let alone on April 9th."

Quit ruining the night refs Kamloops doesn't need your help they have a 2-0 series lead...

That call was realllllly weak. Rigby must have said something to that ref before that. cause there is no way that would just be called straight out.

Edited by ripsh0w

I don't think the reffs will save us against the hawks.

the rockets still persevered through all the weak calls and sent it to OT. i still think that ot call was bad, the refs should have let the teams decide their own fate.

Soo with that:

Congrats to the Blazers I hope they win the WHL and Memorial Cup

F U to the refs.

And Thank you Kelowna for a good season. Next year if we stay healthy I can't see any team in the league touching us.

Right on Nev , record breaking regular season , injuries fracked our play-offs , looking forward to next year.

• 1 month later...

The Kelowna Rockets selected a skilled centre with its first pick at the annual Western Hockey League bantam draft held in Calgary today.

Picking 21st out of 22 teams, Kelowna drafted Cochrane, AB native Dillon Dube, who played last season with the Notre Dame Hounds, bantam AAA team.

"I think he's a dynamic player who has great skill," said Rockets director of scouting Lorne Frey after making the selection. "He's a tremendous skater and he's going to be an exciting player to watch and that's what you want: To put people in the building with exciting players."

Dube had 24 goals and 26 assists for 50 points in 26 games with the bantam Hounds, a team that actually played in the Saskatchewan midget league.

"He's developed quite nicely in Notre Dame and we're quite pleased," said Frey, who selected 12 players at the draft table.

With its second round selection the Rockets added to its stable of young defenceman with the selection of Cal Foote, the son of former NHL player Adam Foote.

Foote played with the Colorado Thunderbirds minor hockey program and has been coached by his Dad throughout his minor hockey career.

Rockets assistant coach Dan Lambert, who played with the elder Foote in both Quebec and Halifax, says his son looks to have the right tools to be a good player.

"He plays like a young pro," said Lambert. "He defends very well and has a great first pass. You can tell his Dad Adam did a great job coaching him and you can tell he's been around pro hockey his whole life."

Here are the rest of the Rockets bantam draft selections at the 2013 WHL draft with their hometown and position

3rd round (65th)

Jordan Borstmayer

Pos: Right Wing

Hometown:St. Brieux, SK

Ht: 5`11

Wt: 156

Team: Melfort Wolfpack

4th round (87th)

Kole Lind

Pos: RW

Hometown: Shaunavon, SK

Ht: 5`10

Wt:`150

Team: Swift Current Raiders

6th round (112)

Ryan Hall

Pos: Goalie

Hometown: Winnipeg, MB

Ht: 6`3

Wt: 167

Team: Winnipeg Monarchs

6th round (131)

Jeffrey Stewart

Pos: LW

Ht: 6`1

Wt: 155

Hometown: Surrey, BC

Team: Semiahmoo

8th round (175)

Connor Bowey

Pos: D

Ht: 5`8

Wt: 148

Team: Monarchs

9th round (185)

Garrett Kuklica

Ht: 5`11.5

Wt: 198

Team: Winnipeg Sharks

9th round (197)

Braydyn Chizen

Hometown: St. Albert, AB

Ht: 6`3

Wt: 195

Team: Spruce Grove

10th round (205)

Lucas Froulin

Hometown: Calgary, AB

Ht: 6

Wt:`168

Team: Royals

10th round (207)

Marial Beny

Hometown: Melville, SK

Ht: 5`11

Wt: 161

Team: Melville Millionaires

10. Brodan Salmond

Pos: Goalie

Hometown: Calgary

Ht: 5`10

Wt: 145

Team: Mount

Edited by The Ratiocinator

• 2 weeks later...

Kelowna Rockets talk here!

My first thread, so i thought being from Kelowna i would start a

thread for the Rockets.

I am from Penticton and I am shocked nobody has looked at Jackson Whistle, that kids a beauty in the crease.

• 3 months later...