The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

Rate this topic

Yeah 4 in the past 12 years! So we win the Championship 33% of the time…not bad at all! Wish Canucks had that haha. Oh plus a Memorial Cup. I love this team.

I think that it's an even bigger achievement in junior. With guys graduating, it's really hard to build a long lasting dynasty like that. It's impressive what they've managed to do in Kelowna.

I'm living in Victoria now but I still have a fondness for the Rockets. I lived in Kelowna when they moved there from Tacoma and I also got to go to the game in Red Deer when they captured their first WHL title. Now it's time for their second Memorial Cup. They look like a team of destiny this year.

Go Rockets!

• Upvote 1

Not sure where Bennings head is but dammit Vancouver for ONCE look at kelowna for drafting...

One of you guys need to tell one of those ticket holders to mention it to Benning during season ticket information sessions. Seriously, find someone who is a season ticket holder and tell them to ask this question. Why they don't scout in Kelowna makes no sense to me either.

Questions from abroad...

Any chance someone can post a line up & some notes on Rockets best players, who has drafted the older guys & where anyone projects in this years draft?

give me a few hours ill try getting that together

I think the Rockets, as I stated earlier; are the LA Kings of the CHL only faster and with higher scoring.

They can beat you anywhere they want and Jackson Whistle (who I've wanted since the Rockets got him from the Giants and had a PTO last year in Penticton for the tourny) is so solid in net it's amazing to watch.

Slap in Draisatl, Merkley, Bowey and more and really I don't see any team in the OHL or QMJHL that can match them in net or on Defense. A speedier team might give them problems but nope. Pretty sure they're going to roll into the Mem cup final

Also CS, sorry man been super busy will get you something together shortly in regards to draft age players or possible PTOs on the Rockets

Benning has been here for 1 year. He's only been at one draft for the Canucks. Geez.

and drafted no rockets last year as the previous gm drafted none and the gm prior sort of drafted one.

Been harping on this org to draft rockets for a decade it isnt JUST Benning.

and drafted no rockets last year as the previous gm drafted none and the gm prior sort of drafted one.

Been harping on this org to draft rockets for a decade it isnt JUST Benning.

Far as I know there was 2 Rockets players drafted last year. Justin Kirkland in the 3rd round (62nd) and Rourke Chartier in the 5th (149th). Kirkland went 26 spots after Demko, I'm happy with the Demko pick. Chartier went 23 spots after Forsling and, again, I'm happy with the Forsling pick and the trade for Clendening. So when do you think JB should've taken a Rocket?

Far as I know there was 2 Rockets players drafted last year. Justin Kirkland in the 3rd round (62nd) and Rourke Chartier in the 5th (149th). Kirkland went 26 spots after Demko, I'm happy with the Demko pick. Chartier went 23 spots after Forsling and, again, I'm happy with the Forsling pick and the trade for Clendening. So when do you think JB should've taken a Rocket?

ok since i think you missed it

Benning didn't draft a rocket. The regime before him didn't draft a rocket

The regime before him drafted a psuedo rocket in edler.

This organization has completely ignored amazing talent in it's own back yard since...well forever.

Keith, Weber, Severson, Bowey, Bloodhoof, Gallagher, Lucic and so much more. Perrenial all star talent between the rockets and Giants alone. Without mentioning the PG cougars or the Kamloops blazers or Benn brothers.

I did not single out Benning. I singled out the entire organization for not drafting from within the WHL in BC basically at all, like ever

Edited by Warhippy

Tyson Baillie. 6th or 7th round. He should go 3rd to 5th round this year.

Desrocher seems to be a pretty clutch D-man. The question is, where will he go in the draft?

I don't think there's any draft eligible d-men on the Rockets is there this draft?

Devante Stephens? Joe Gatenby?

Edited by Ghostsof1915