390 replies to this topic

#61 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well Rockets are 0-1-1 vs. the Blazers this year both games were one goal games and the Rockets held a slight 66-65 shot advantage over the course of those two games. So I would expect a good game tonight though in junior hockey a 1-0 game one night can be a 7-1 game the next night with the same teams playing....it's very unpredictable.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

watching the game on whl live. i like the kelowna play by play guy, until anything exciting happens. jesus

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#63 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

watching the game on whl live. i like the kelowna play by play guy, until anything exciting happens. jesus

He's my favourite haha. Get's so into it and calls the games fairly unbiased (like with regards to penalties and giving other teams credit when its due etc).
Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

He's my favourite haha. Get's so into it and calls the games fairly unbiased (like with regards to penalties and giving other teams credit when its due etc).

yeah that's what I mean, he's pretty unbiased

but man, somebody puts a floater on net that the goalie easily kicks into the corner and the pbp guy is screaming his head off lol

well congrats on the win Rockets and fans, was a pretty good game, even though the Blazers didn't really feel like playing for some reason :/

#65 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

yeah that's what I mean, he's pretty unbiased

but man, somebody puts a floater on net that the goalie easily kicks into the corner and the pbp guy is screaming his head off lol

well congrats on the win Rockets and fans, was a pretty good game, even though the Blazers didn't really feel like playing for some reason :/

Yeah it's fun to listen to. If I'm listening and studying sometimes it's like "Oooooooooooooh! Offside by an inch." And I'm thinking the way he yelled I thought someone just hit the post or something.

But yeah great game to listen to tonight! I had a feeling the Rockets would pull it off. Final shots 26-19 Kelowna and the Blazers first regulation loss of the season!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Yeah it's fun to listen to. If I'm listening and studying sometimes it's like "Oooooooooooooh! Offside by an inch." And I'm thinking the way he yelled I thought someone just hit the post or something.

But yeah great game to listen to tonight! I had a feeling the Rockets would pull it off. Final shots 26-19 Kelowna and the Blazers first regulation loss of the season!

Dammit...now you have something to hold over us for the rest of the season. :P
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#67 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Dammit...now you have something to hold over us for the rest of the season. :P

Lol I'll rub it in your face when the Blazers win the WHL this year. Be all like "oh yeah well remember in October when we beat you 3-0...bam."
Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

Kelowna plays solid 60 in handing Kamloops its first regulation loss of the season 3-0

http://media.beta.ph...ictoryDance.gif
"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia
Tony Abbott......Current Australian PM

#69 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Kelowna plays solid 60 in handing Kamloops its first regulation loss of the season 3-0

http://media.beta.ph...ictoryDance.gif

Never seen that photo before :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Apocalyptic ☠ Chaos

Apocalyptic ☠ Chaos

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Big win, glad we could shut them out, always nice to hand out the first regulation loss.

#71 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

congrats rockets! wouldn't have wanted the first one to come to any other team. The rivalry burns!

Posted Image

#72 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Never seen that photo before :D

One of my friends daughters was about her age , when she taught me to Krump.
"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia

#73 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Rockets Blast Cougars 5-0 at Prospera
November 3, 2012

Rockets win third straight game in convincing fashion with a 5-0 victory over the Prince George Cougars

Nov. 3, 2012 - Kelowna, BC
The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Prince George Cougars 5-0 on Saturday night, extending its Western Hockey Leauge winning streak to three games.
Rockets goalie Jackson Whistle stopped all 21 shots he faced in recording his first shutout of the season as he improved to 3-and-0 on the season and the Rockets won its third straight.
Five different Rockets hit the scoresheet as Tyrell Goulbourne, Ryan Olsen, Rourke Chartier, Tyson Baillie and Cody Fowlie scored for Kelowna, who outshot the Cougars 35-21. Colton Heffley had three assists in the game.
Check out some photos of the game here
The Rockets improve to 10-6-1-1 on the season and 2-0-0-0 on a four game home-stand.
The Rockets are now off until Wednesday when they will host the Edmonton Oil Kings at Prospera Place before playing Red Deer on Friday in Kelowna.

Another shutout , rockets are picking up the pace .
Noam Chomsky

#74 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Tough game tonight with the Oil Kings - Rockets have lost once 4-1 to the Oil Kings already this season and Edmonton is coming off just beating Kamloops.

1-1 early in the first.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

forgot this game was on shaw until just now, has it been pretty good? going to watch da turd

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 07 November 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#76 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

And time will expire! Big 3-2 win against a tough opponent!

Win streak stretches to 4 games :)

Whistle won this game for us tonight - looked solid.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Congrats on the win, pretty exciting third, Edmonton had some crazy chances there.

#78 Apocalyptic ☠ Chaos

Apocalyptic ☠ Chaos

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Was at the game last night, good win, 4 straight!

#79 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Rockets Blast Red Deer 8-1

Kelowna closes out four game home stand with four wins to send Kelowna fans home happy as team improves to 12-6-1-1

Nov. 9, 2012 - Kelowna, BC
The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Red Deer Rebels 8-1 on Friday night in Kelowna, winning its fifth straight Western Hockey League game and extending its home winning streak to six games.
Check out some photos of the game here
Ryan Olsen, Cody Fowlie and Myles Bell scored two goals apiece for the Rockets, who outshot Red Deer 46-24 in the lopsided win. Tyrell Goulbourne and Rourke Chartier added singles for Kelowna, who led 2-0 after the first period and 5-0 after the second en route to the win.
"It was another good team effort," said Rockets' head coach Ryan Huska on the AM1150 post game show. "It's nice having confidence in four lines and the six young guys we have back on defense. Our challenge now is to fine tune a few things and continue to get better."
Jackson Whistle earned his third straight win in net and the Rockets improved to 12-6-1-1 on the season. Mathew Dumba scored the lone goal for the Rebels.

8-1 , big win to the rockets :)

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 10 November 2012 - 12:14 AM.

Noam Chomsky

#80 canucksfan555

canucksfan555

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Nice win for the Rockets, I live here in Vic so kind of follow the hometown team, but have a special place in my heart for the boys from Kelowna.. I saw them play when they were in Vic last, the 3-2 loss.. Seems like Whistle is taking the job from Cookie! Pretty good for a 17 year old goalie.. Huska seems to have a ton of faith in him! He was in net when Kelowna won the first game in Victoria

#81 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Again no luck for the Rockets last night in TC. Outshooting the Americans 43-22 and leading 2-0 - end up falling 3-2 in regulation.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Same story again tonight. Kelowna outshoots TCs 44-25 and loses 3-2.

So for the back to back two game series Kelowna outshot them 87-47 and lost both games. Stupid WHL :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Same story again tonight. Kelowna outshoots TCs 44-25 and loses 3-2.

So for the back to back two game series Kelowna outshot them 87-47 and lost both games. Stupid WHL :P

Bummed to hear this :sadno:
Noam Chomsky

#84 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Rockets Dominate Pats in 5-1 win
November 23, 2012

Kelowna wins its seventh straight game at Prospera in first of three this weekend with convincing 5-1 win over Regina

Nov. 23, 2012 - Kelowna, BC
The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Regina Pats 5-1 on Friday night at Prospera Place, extending its home winning streak to seven games in the first of three games for the team this weekend.
JT Barnett scored twice and Myles Bell had three assists as the Rockets never trailed in the game, outshooting Regina 34-16 in front of 5,527 fans in Kelowna.
Check out some photos from the game here
Cole Martin, Ryan Olsen and Madison Bowey also scored for the Rockets while Jordon Cooke earned the win in net, allowing just a single goal, to the Pats' Lane Scheidl.
The 20-year-old Barnett made his return to the Rockets lineup after being injured in Kelowna's home opener. It didn't take him long to hit the scoresheet, opening up the scoring seven minutes into the first period.
Kelowna improves to 13-8-1-1 on the season heading into two more games this weekend. Kelowna has won seven straight and improved to 8-2-0-0 on the season at Prospera Place.
"We want to make this a tough building to play in and I think the crowd has enjoyed the effort they are seeing from our players," said Rockets coach Ryan Huska on the AM 1150 post game show.
The Rockets will host Saskatoon on Saturday night before heading to Everett on Sunday.

Nice win ,after a couple of disapointing losses.

Myles bell racking up more points .

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 24 November 2012 - 01:30 AM.

Noam Chomsky

#85 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Wow big win tonight 9-2 over the Blades.

I've said it all year, this team can score. Finally getting healthy again.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#86 Apocalyptic ☠ Chaos

Apocalyptic ☠ Chaos

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

What a great game tonight! We handed it to the Blades, 9-2 the final.

#87 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Yes but the Blades are a dysfunctional group.

Their so bad that they are going to lose their Memorial Cup spot. Can't remember the last time that's happened.

#88 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Their so bad that they are going to lose their Memorial Cup spot. Can't remember the last time that's happened.

Well they were .500 and they were coming off a big win over the Blazers. So a 9-2 win was a nice surprise.

Then an 8-2 win tonight :P

Should I say it again? This team can score!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 canucksfan555

canucksfan555

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Kelowna is heating up! How bout that 17 year old Whistle kid! 6-0.. he has a bright future I think

#90 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

haha, they are not THAT bad, I mean their goalie allows them to win some games. But honestly, in this day and age, no team will ever be made to "give up" the mem cup, Logistically , it just wont happen.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.