The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

Rate this topic

Well Rockets are 0-1-1 vs. the Blazers this year both games were one goal games and the Rockets held a slight 66-65 shot advantage over the course of those two games. So I would expect a good game tonight though in junior hockey a 1-0 game one night can be a 7-1 game the next night with the same teams playing....it's very unpredictable.

watching the game on whl live. i like the kelowna play by play guy, until anything exciting happens. jesus

He's my favourite haha. Get's so into it and calls the games fairly unbiased (like with regards to penalties and giving other teams credit when its due etc).

He's my favourite haha. Get's so into it and calls the games fairly unbiased (like with regards to penalties and giving other teams credit when its due etc).

yeah that's what I mean, he's pretty unbiased

but man, somebody puts a floater on net that the goalie easily kicks into the corner and the pbp guy is screaming his head off lol

well congrats on the win Rockets and fans, was a pretty good game, even though the Blazers didn't really feel like playing for some reason :/

yeah that's what I mean, he's pretty unbiased

but man, somebody puts a floater on net that the goalie easily kicks into the corner and the pbp guy is screaming his head off lol

well congrats on the win Rockets and fans, was a pretty good game, even though the Blazers didn't really feel like playing for some reason :/

Yeah it's fun to listen to. If I'm listening and studying sometimes it's like "Oooooooooooooh! Offside by an inch." And I'm thinking the way he yelled I thought someone just hit the post or something.

But yeah great game to listen to tonight! I had a feeling the Rockets would pull it off. Final shots 26-19 Kelowna and the Blazers first regulation loss of the season!

Yeah it's fun to listen to. If I'm listening and studying sometimes it's like "Oooooooooooooh! Offside by an inch." And I'm thinking the way he yelled I thought someone just hit the post or something.

But yeah great game to listen to tonight! I had a feeling the Rockets would pull it off. Final shots 26-19 Kelowna and the Blazers first regulation loss of the season!

Dammit...now you have something to hold over us for the rest of the season. :P

Rockets Blast Cougars 5-0 at Prospera

November 3, 2012

Rockets win third straight game in convincing fashion with a 5-0 victory over the Prince George Cougars

Nov. 3, 2012 - Kelowna, BC

The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Prince George Cougars 5-0 on Saturday night, extending its Western Hockey Leauge winning streak to three games.

Rockets goalie Jackson Whistle stopped all 21 shots he faced in recording his first shutout of the season as he improved to 3-and-0 on the season and the Rockets won its third straight.

Five different Rockets hit the scoresheet as Tyrell Goulbourne, Ryan Olsen, Rourke Chartier, Tyson Baillie and Cody Fowlie scored for Kelowna, who outshot the Cougars 35-21. Colton Heffley had three assists in the game.

Check out some photos of the game here

The Rockets improve to 10-6-1-1 on the season and 2-0-0-0 on a four game home-stand.

The Rockets are now off until Wednesday when they will host the Edmonton Oil Kings at Prospera Place before playing Red Deer on Friday in Kelowna.

Another shutout , rockets are picking up the pace .

Rockets Blast Red Deer 8-1

Kelowna closes out four game home stand with four wins to send Kelowna fans home happy as team improves to 12-6-1-1

Nov. 9, 2012 - Kelowna, BC

The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Red Deer Rebels 8-1 on Friday night in Kelowna, winning its fifth straight Western Hockey League game and extending its home winning streak to six games.

Check out some photos of the game here

Ryan Olsen, Cody Fowlie and Myles Bell scored two goals apiece for the Rockets, who outshot Red Deer 46-24 in the lopsided win. Tyrell Goulbourne and Rourke Chartier added singles for Kelowna, who led 2-0 after the first period and 5-0 after the second en route to the win.

"It was another good team effort," said Rockets' head coach Ryan Huska on the AM1150 post game show. "It's nice having confidence in four lines and the six young guys we have back on defense. Our challenge now is to fine tune a few things and continue to get better."

Jackson Whistle earned his third straight win in net and the Rockets improved to 12-6-1-1 on the season. Mathew Dumba scored the lone goal for the Rebels.

8-1 , big win to the rockets :)

Edited by The Ratiocinator

Nice win for the Rockets, I live here in Vic so kind of follow the hometown team, but have a special place in my heart for the boys from Kelowna.. I saw them play when they were in Vic last, the 3-2 loss.. Seems like Whistle is taking the job from Cookie! Pretty good for a 17 year old goalie.. Huska seems to have a ton of faith in him! He was in net when Kelowna won the first game in Victoria