#1 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

POPULAR

Its been proven time And time again that he is absolutely brutal. He tries to do too much and he gets burned from it over and over . This av man crush has to come to an end. Any other player whom Which makes the mistakes that rome makes doesn't get the numerous extra chances that he gets. It's getting to a ridiculous point and has to stop . Has been our weakest link for two seasons now and if the coaching staff cAnt see that then ther is seriously something wrong .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#2 MyNameIsTom

MyNameIsTom

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

POPULAR

Well they didn't win a cup without him in the lineup either.

Trollface.jpg

#3 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,695 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

well, he wasnt in after first period of gm 3 in SCF, and nux didnt win.
Posted Image

#4 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

>we will never win a stanley cup with Robongo on the boards

sadfrog.jpeg

#5 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

POPULAR

Hes terrible anyone who defends him is a blind fool. Other players have been thrown in Avs doghouse from
One poor game yet he's immune to it all. Absolutely ridiculous
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#6 VancityBeast

VancityBeast

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

We will never win the cup if we are scoring like the way we are scoring now. And Sedins? Were they playing hockey or skating today?
Posted Image

#7 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Anaheim won a cup with him
But I don't know how, he is absolutely horrendus
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#8 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

Anaheim won a cup with him
But I don't know how, he is absolutely horrendus

He only played one off-season game when they won the cup. Maybe that means something :)

#9 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hmm, and here I thought it was that the Canucks would never win the Cup with Cody Hodgson in the line-up.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#10 Jma7

Jma7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Well good thing the Canucks have a lot of spare defensemen. Tanev and Ballard (once healthy), I think Rome is better than Alberts though... Only reason I think Rome gets played in the lineup is because he gives the Canucks size and toughness on the back end. I wouldnt blame him for the puck going in off him and in though and I think he's played a lot better recently too. I would keep him in for now...
Posted Image

#11 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

He only played one off-season game when they won the cup. Maybe that means something :)

one off season game....???

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

I usually defend ALL Canucks players on here. But I too, am out of patience with Rome. No player in the Canucks line-up this year has been a minus more. Not to mention he is soft! You beat Alberts, you'll at least feel it.

My patience for Raymond is also gone. He is soft, and NEVER goes to the net. Skating laps around the zone accomplishes very little. Not to mention, has he ever thrown a hit?

#13 Canuckaidian

Canuckaidian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Somebody needs to take a chill pill

#14 Renelsisc

Renelsisc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

i think that Rome's in just for the added toughness factor. If Alberts actually got game, he would be better suited than Rome. However, i think people and AV finally realizes how much Ballard is missed, and when healthy, here's to hoping for:

Hammer - Juice
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Grags

That would be fine.

pp 1 with Edler and Hammer
pp 2 with Salo and Grags

#15 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

I completely agree. Last year I felt that he was our weakest link throughout the entire season, but I as astonished to see that he still got to play a bunch. This year really has been no different, although I think his defensive play is slightly better. He still loses the puck a bunch and pretty much is a plug. TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SAY WE LOST WITHOUT HIM IN THE FINALS, ITS NOT BECAUSE WE DIDNT HAVE HIM THAT WE LOST, ITS BECAUSE IT WAS ROME IN THE FIRST PLACE WHO IGNITED THE FIRE IN THE BRUINS TO COME AFTER US AFTER HE DESTROYED HORTON. He is part of what cost us the cup and I will never forgive him.

#16 in luongian fashion

in luongian fashion

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Rome needs to see the press box! Grags/Tanev will be a better pairing for now untill Ballard gets back. Even Alberts should be ahead of Rome in our depth chart.
Posted Image

#17 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

To be fair, the the Canucks couldn't win the Cup with him out of the lineup either....

Rome's playing a bit rough lately, it happens. We know he can play better, and I bet he will before the playoffs start.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#18 CoHo Nation

CoHo Nation

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

POPULAR

I dont hate Rome, but it blows my mind that Tanev is sitting behind him on the depth chart
Canucks Montages Here ----> www.Youtube.com/theteabiskit

Posted Image

#19 Linden16Mclean1fan

Linden16Mclean1fan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hes terrible anyone who defends him is a blind fool. Other players have been thrown in Avs doghouse from

If this coaching staff is as fickle as you (and most fans) are, Luongo would never gotten any starts after October. If anything they are taking the same approach with Rome. That's what professional/good coaches do. The fool is there one that sees one tiny pixel and claims he knows the whole picture. Now is that the coaching staff who have watched this guy practiced (day in and day out for a couple of years), knows the depth of their roster, been doing this for decades or is it the guy who watches a bunch of games in the stands, or on his couch at home?
Go Canucks GO!!
It's Ron 'Freaking' MacLean, people!!

"Johnny Shot Bothsides was shot in the back on Friday.."

#20 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Gregs already looks a mile ahead of him, and he has not played in the last month in Buffalo! No excuse, he getting paid to play hockey, and he has no heart in his game right now,

#21 CanucksFanatic27

CanucksFanatic27

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

you might want to add mason raymond into that group.
he looks lost out there sometimes =/ can't stress how disappointed i am with him.

#22 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Is Rome the next scapegoat after Raymond leaves the Canucks?

Fans will never be happy. Each one of our scapgoats has been traded, and a new one arises. Who's next after Raymond and Rome?

Bieksa?

Luongo?

Sedins?

Just enjoy hockey. What a forum. All I see are people complaining every day.

Oh and for the record, we didn't win a cup without Rome either so this thread's title doesn't even make sense.

Edited by BunBun, 04 March 2012 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

I've never been a fan of Rome. You can say he brings size and toughness, but Alberts is bigger and tougher than he is. I also think that Alberts is more defensively sound and doesn't turn the puck over as much, or make a handful of stupid plays, or spends half of his "ice time" sitting in the penalty box. That being said, it never hurts to have some depth on D, no matter how much I dislike him. It'll be reassuring come playoff time.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#24 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

AV's favouratism will be his undoing you can quote me on that, whether the Canucks win the cup in the near future or not.
Posted Image

#25 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

D-men are supposed to work together, that means that everything that happens on the ice has to have split responsibility. Rome may have been a -3, but MAG was a -2 also. IMO Tanev should replace MAG as Rome and him seemed to develope chemistry. MAG is good, dont take this the wrong way, but I think he needs to work on when to push up the ice and when to hang back. He needs to slow his game down and try not to do so much. He is new however and very excited to be here so it is understandable.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#26 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

The Canucks were 2-0 in the Final when Aaron Rome played the whole game, and 1-4 when he didn't. Just sayin'

#27 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

Its been proven time And time again that he is absolutely brutal. He tries to do too much and he gets burned from it over and over . This av man crush has to come to an end. Any other player whom Which makes the mistakes that rome makes doesn't get the numerous extra chances that he gets. It's getting to a ridiculous point and has to stop . Has been our weakest link for two seasons now and if the coaching staff cAnt see that then ther is seriously something wrong .

I just dont see him getting removed, av and the assistants love him for some odd reason. The only way i see him out of the line up is if gillis says something, and then i can see av fighting him on this.

#28 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

You win as a team, you lose as a team. Besides, it's always specific players like Aaron Rome who get too much heat here ... guys like him will get pounced on for the slightest mistakes while other players who are guilty of more egregious errors go unnoticed!

Somebody explain to me how that's fair ... if that's even possible.

Edit: Raymond too. Sheesh, I don't even have to go on another page to find ppl b*tching about specific players! Hello? It's a team sport! Where are the Sedins? Where is Kesler? Where is Edler? When will those guys show up? They're even more important, if you will, to the success of this team.

Whenever things go bad, people revert to automatically saying "MAYRAY SUCKS" or "GET ROME OFF THE ICE DAMMIT", even when he wasn't on the ice. The daily Raymond/Rome/etc bashing is mind-boggling. There are bigger problems at hand than just a couple of players.

Edited by Bieksa's Quote, 04 March 2012 - 01:26 AM.

Posted Image

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#29 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,424 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

A simpler statement is if the team isn't firing on all cylinders, and plays games where we take a period or two off we're not going far at all.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#30 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

POPULAR

It's Aaron Rome's fault.

Posted Image
Circled is Aaron Rome. He has no man. Manny Malhotra's the left winger, his man is the point man (Alex Sulzer). Zack Kassian, the right winger, is at at the left half boards and he sort of has the point man Christian Ehrhoff. Marc-Andre Gragnani is at the halfboards and just finished his check on Patrick Kaleta. Maxim Lapierre, as the centreman, is in position down low and has his man Nathan Gerbe. Conclusion: AARON ROME'S FAULT.

Posted Image
On this goal, Aaron Rome, Marc-Andre Gragnani, and Maxim Lapierre were all deep and left the man in front of the net wide open. Aaron Rome (circled in red) abandons his position to chase after the puck as the right side defenceman when Marc-Andre Gragnani had a straight path to the puck. Conclusion: AARON ROME'S FAULT.

Third goal was not Aaron Rome's fault. He had his man in front of the net. The right winger in this case, Jannik Hansen, should have had the point man.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.