The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We will NEVER win a cup with Aaron Rome In our lineup

Robongo

Its been proven time And time again that he is absolutely brutal. He tries to do too much and he gets burned from it over and over . This av man crush has to come to an end. Any other player whom Which makes the mistakes that rome makes doesn't get the numerous extra chances that he gets. It's getting to a ridiculous point and has to stop . Has been our weakest link for two seasons now and if the coaching staff cAnt see that then ther is seriously something wrong .

Well good thing the Canucks have a lot of spare defensemen. Tanev and Ballard (once healthy), I think Rome is better than Alberts though... Only reason I think Rome gets played in the lineup is because he gives the Canucks size and toughness on the back end. I wouldnt blame him for the puck going in off him and in though and I think he's played a lot better recently too. I would keep him in for now...

I usually defend ALL Canucks players on here. But I too, am out of patience with Rome. No player in the Canucks line-up this year has been a minus more. Not to mention he is soft! You beat Alberts, you'll at least feel it.

My patience for Raymond is also gone. He is soft, and NEVER goes to the net. Skating laps around the zone accomplishes very little. Not to mention, has he ever thrown a hit?

i think that Rome's in just for the added toughness factor. If Alberts actually got game, he would be better suited than Rome. However, i think people and AV finally realizes how much Ballard is missed, and when healthy, here's to hoping for:

Hammer - Juice

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Grags

That would be fine.

pp 1 with Edler and Hammer

pp 2 with Salo and Grags

I completely agree. Last year I felt that he was our weakest link throughout the entire season, but I as astonished to see that he still got to play a bunch. This year really has been no different, although I think his defensive play is slightly better. He still loses the puck a bunch and pretty much is a plug. TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SAY WE LOST WITHOUT HIM IN THE FINALS, ITS NOT BECAUSE WE DIDNT HAVE HIM THAT WE LOST, ITS BECAUSE IT WAS ROME IN THE FIRST PLACE WHO IGNITED THE FIRE IN THE BRUINS TO COME AFTER US AFTER HE DESTROYED HORTON. He is part of what cost us the cup and I will never forgive him.

To be fair, the the Canucks couldn't win the Cup with him out of the lineup either....

Rome's playing a bit rough lately, it happens. We know he can play better, and I bet he will before the playoffs start.

Archived