The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We will NEVER win a cup with Aaron Rome In our lineup

Robongo

Honestly I'd rather have a 3rd pairing of Rome-Alberts than Tanev-Ballard.

We need more size and physicality in our defence, and Tanev and Ballard are two of the smallest, softest guys there are. At least Rome knew how to hit, but not only that - he was solid in front of our own net and along the boards. Rubbing out a guy is just as exhausting for the forward as a big hit, and Rome and Alberts were much better at doing that than Tanev and Ballard who just aren't big enough and play the puck too much.

We especially needed them against L.A's big forwards, so I hope AV learned his lesson because Tanev and Ballard were absolutely schooled by the big bodies of the Bruins and Kings.

We need more size and physicality in our defence, and Tanev and Ballard are two of the smallest, softest guys there are. At least Rome knew how to hit, but not only that - he was solid in front of our own net and along the boards. Rubbing out a guy is just as exhausting for the forward as a big hit, and Rome and Alberts were much better at doing that than Tanev and Ballard who just aren't big enough and play the puck too much.

We especially needed them against L.A's big forwards, so I hope AV learned his lesson because Tanev and Ballard were absolutely schooled by the big bodies of the Bruins and Kings.

Archived