Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

We will NEVER win a cup with Aaron Rome In our lineup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#61 George_Costanza

George_Costanza

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Rome and Raymond for nothing.
Get er' done Gillis!
Posted Image

#62 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

I don't know what you expect from Rome, but he is a third pairing defenceman.

and he is even having a career year in goals and assists

#63 wesley

wesley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I am pretty sure if we get rid of Rome and replace him with Shea Weber, our defence will be better. So, get it done now!!! MG

#64 'NucK

'NucK

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

i think that Rome's in just for the added toughness factor. If Alberts actually got game, he would be better suited than Rome. However, i think people and AV finally realizes how much Ballard is missed, and when healthy, here's to hoping for:

Hammer - Juice
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Grags

That would be fine.

pp 1 with Edler and Hammer
pp 2 with Salo and Grags

Not sure how I'd feel having 5 forwards on the ice.. :P
Posted Image

#65 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

rome wasn't built in a day.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#66 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

He will be suspended when we do like last year when we were in the SCF.

sScxLxA.jpg

#67 PENGUINScanFLY

PENGUINScanFLY

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Not sure how I'd feel having 5 forwards on the ice.. :P

The hell you talking about?

#68 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

I understand your rationale but I don't think we lost the cup b/c of Rome's hit. I would take that trade (Horton for Rome) anyday. And I don't think Boston needed any "ignition" to play in the stanley cup finals. What they did manage to do is realize that a) refs weren't calling anything and B) our powerplay was horrible.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with Rome. He brings toughness, will stick up for teammates, and brings allot for his salary (which allows us to have 4 guys at 4+million)....the only issue is he is being used too much and putting him with Gregnagni is a bad idea.

I didn't say he was the only reason, but the fact that he riled up the whole bruins team is one of the reasons why we lost the cup, among other things. But in all seriousness I would take Ballard over Rome and thats saying something

#69 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

...like Aaron freakin' Rome is the deciding factor between us winning a Cup or not. I don't like him either, but yikes, that's a bit of an overstatement.

abl8vt.jpg

#70 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

So now we will win a cup?

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#71 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

lolz

#72 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hell yah we would have won the cup every year Rome was a Canuck if he just wasn't a Canuck and now that he is not a Canuck the Canucks will win the cup. DAMN YOUS ROME!!!
Posted Image

#73 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,160 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

It would have been nice if he had been around for the last 5 games of the 2011 Cup, just to test out that so-called theory of the OP.

One thing I do know for sure: The Canucks were 2-0 in that series with Rome and 1-4 without...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#74 Islandboss

Islandboss

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

We will never win have a thread competition with Robongo on the team.He's weak and need's to be traded with Samjam to the Maple Laffs site for a bag of keyboards.
Lemon pie thread
A statistician is a person who draws a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.

Kelly is a great gal

#75 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Its been proven time And time again that he is absolutely brutal. He tries to do too much and he gets burned from it over and over . This av man crush has to come to an end. Any other player whom Which makes the mistakes that rome makes doesn't get the numerous extra chances that he gets. It's getting to a ridiculous point and has to stop . Has been our weakest link for two seasons now and if the coaching staff cAnt see that then ther is seriously something wrong .

As if one player makes a difference between winning or losing the cup.....give your head a shake and clear the cobwebs...dumb post..........

#76 Monty085

Monty085

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

As if one player makes a difference between winning or losing the cup.....give your head a shake and clear the cobwebs...dumb post..........

According to people like you Luongo is the reason we lost the cup last year. Hypocritical much?

#77 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

You know you have a problem when your depth defenceman is the reason you won't win and 40 people agree. I think we should also put some of the blame on DJ Dave and the 50/50 volunteers.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#78 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,351 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

What a stupid thread. Rome was the least of the problems, lol.
Posted Image

#79 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

We were undefeated in the SCF with Rome!

#80 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

According to people like you Luongo is the reason we lost the cup last year. Hypocritical much?

never said that...must be tm085 reincarnated

#81 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,665 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Honestly I'd rather have a 3rd pairing of Rome-Alberts than Tanev-Ballard.

We need more size and physicality in our defence, and Tanev and Ballard are two of the smallest, softest guys there are. At least Rome knew how to hit, but not only that - he was solid in front of our own net and along the boards. Rubbing out a guy is just as exhausting for the forward as a big hit, and Rome and Alberts were much better at doing that than Tanev and Ballard who just aren't big enough and play the puck too much.

We especially needed them against L.A's big forwards, so I hope AV learned his lesson because Tanev and Ballard were absolutely schooled by the big bodies of the Bruins and Kings.
Posted Image

#82 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,351 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

We need more size and physicality in our defence, and Tanev and Ballard are two of the smallest, softest guys there are. At least Rome knew how to hit, but not only that - he was solid in front of our own net and along the boards. Rubbing out a guy is just as exhausting for the forward as a big hit, and Rome and Alberts were much better at doing that than Tanev and Ballard who just aren't big enough and play the puck too much.

We especially needed them against L.A's big forwards, so I hope AV learned his lesson because Tanev and Ballard were absolutely schooled by the big bodies of the Bruins and Kings.

Which is unfortunate for Ballard. He's still physical, but not where he use to be. In Phoenix, a full 82 games with 169 hits. In Florida, a full 82 games with 172 hits. His second season in Florida he played another 82 games and had 156 hits. Compared to our defensive core nowadays, that would the top 1-2. Now he's about fourth/fifth. And of course not only that, but his play has deteriorated as a whole; spends 20 games in the press box and will provide MAYBE one goal and 7 points the rest of the time. A massive drop off from his normal 5+ goal 25-30 point season.

Coming to Vancouver killed his game for whatever reason.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 29 June 2012 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image

#83 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yesss!! We're winning the cup now :)
Posted Image

#84 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Yesss!! We're winning the cup now :)

We will never win a Cup with Kevin Bieksa on this team.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#85 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

WHAT THE EF

Ballard was our best defenseman in that series. DERP

Posted Image

#86 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Tanev is not small, he's still just a boy in a man's frame. At his age that should be changing rather quickly.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.