The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks win the Cup this year, are you OK trading the twins?

RAMBUTANS

even tho ten first round picks would be nice as someone stated above, it wont happen, shouldn't happen and will never happen. They are the face of the organization, pillars of the team and the class of the city. They are invaluable

Absolutely not. They are players who should spend the entirety of their careers with one team (like Lidstrom). First class players like that, who have clearly exceeded their combined salaries in their production, intangibles, and inspiring community contributions deserve to enjoy the stability of a first class organization.

Mike Gillis signed them at a benchmark number which set a precedent for home town discounts. We're lucky to have RK17/AB14 and various other attractive cap hits because of the hometown discounts, and we should show appreciation for that.

I just hope Alex Edler signs for $5M/year or less so we can keep this core together long term.

This is a hypothetical question, if the Canucks win the Cup this year, are you OK trading them?

Seeing that they already started their decline, before they lose their trade value every year, they can probably be traded next year and get tremendous amount of of high picks, premium prospects to set the Nucks for the next decade. Them, and Cory.

Thoughts?

This is a hypothetical question, if the Canucks win the Cup this year, are you OK trading them?

Seeing that they already started their decline, before they lose their trade value every year, they can probably be traded next year and get tremendous amount of of high picks, premium prospects to set the Nucks for the next decade. Them, and Cory.

Thoughts?

Can't believe anyone would even bother starting a thread like this. The Sedin's will/should retire here. They love Vancouver and don't hide it. Their kids grew up here and they contribute in ways to the community that most of us(shamefully, including myself) don't do. With that said, more important than the hockey is the legacy they've created and will be remembered for. No amount of money or cups can replace that...

Just because Linden didn't win the cup does that mean we love him less? Nope, his love for the Canucks and Van surpasses any cup... The Sedin's will be remembered the same way.

So we win the cup (and it Sedins would/will be a big factor to that) and you want to trade them? Sedins are the identity of our team, they are top players and have been since the lock-out. I say keep them to they retire.

Also, how is a point per game average signs of them going on their decline?

No , MG is tring to build a foundation so we can have an elite team for years to come. MG , myself and I hope all of the Canuck nation do not want to be one hit wonder(although I would sell my lelt nut for a Stanly Cup).

Archived