The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks win the Cup this year, are you OK trading the twins?

RAMBUTANS

I like the Sedins and Appreciate what they have done for the Team and City, and would not be overly upset with either decision

It is a Tough call, You can pay them back by keeping them until they end up as Your 2nd line again and less productive

or You could do what Calgary did years ago as an example

and trade their best player in His Prime (Neiwendyk) for some Kid (Iginla) who can provide You with another 10+ years of production

Its a Tough call. Loyalty to the Guys who took You to the Dance,or, Loyalty to keeping the Team Strong contenders for Years?

I'm having seconf thoughts with this question, especially the first part with the way the twins are playing.

Scary part is I saw one of them tonight said 'they were playing better". It sounds eerily the same as the SCF when they also said that and they gave us a big fat egg.

• 10 months later...

Absolutely not. These guys are the faces of our franchise and the best players in franchise history. I'd consider trading them when they are in the twilight of their careers but for the time being they are forever Canucks. Of course it's ultimately up to them but I'm pretty sure they're happy being Canucks and if and when they move on, it will be to Sweden.

This is a hypothetical question, if the Canucks win the Cup this year, are you OK trading them?

Seeing that they already started their decline, before they lose their trade value every year, they can probably be traded next year and get tremendous amount of of high picks, premium prospects to set the Nucks for the next decade. Them, and Cory.

Thoughts?

Archived