The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks win the Cup this year, are you OK trading the twins?

RAMBUTANS

This is a hypothetical question, if the Canucks win the Cup this year, are you OK trading them?

Seeing that they already started their decline, before they lose their trade value every year, they can probably be traded next year and get tremendous amount of of high picks, premium prospects to set the Nucks for the next decade. Them, and Cory.

Thoughts?

Guest Dasein

No.

I'd be the first guy at Rogers Arena with my pitchfork and molotov cocktails to burn the place down if we trade the Sedins. I honestly would not support the Canucks anymore if they treat the Sedins that way after all they've done for us.

What a foolish thread and hypothetical question OP. when the Sedins start to decline, say in 3-4 years, they will still be a solid 2nd line. We are already set for the next decade. The Sedins will finish their careers here, without question. Also, next time, say NO to drugs...

well.......i would like to say that the twins could fetch us nash plus the blue jackets first round pick for the next couple of years....and one possible first overall pick. in the cap era, this is the best way to quickly re-stock the cupboard and could set us up for another cup run in a few years.....however, like others have said, the sedins are class. trading them after they signed below market value would be bad for the team, and make it hard to sign free agents. If i was playing nhl 12, I would do this, but in real life, hockey is a business of selling tickets, and you don't do this by trading away all of the fan favorites, unless you win the cup every year. by trading away the twins, you would be doing the former, and making it very difficult to do the latter for a few years.

Archived