The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks win the Cup this year, are you OK trading the twins?

RAMBUTANS

Absolutely not.

And I don't believe they've started declining yet either. Yes they haven't been producing much over the last month, but that isn't nearly enough to say they're declining. Everyone has slumps sometimes. No one can lead the league in scoring every year. In fact if you look at the whole league's numbers, everyone's scoring has been declining. It seems we may be entering a semi-dead puck era. I think the Sedins will still be our best players for several years yet.

I hope the Sedins play their entire careers with the Canucks. Even when they do get old and start declining, their experience, class, and leadership will make them great role models for the younger players to learn from.

Ahhh...if we won the Cup, OP would want to trade them??? In-freaking-sane. They are two of the best players in the world, classy and still in their prime. At this point, the only question mark is whether they're the kinds of guys who have the leadership qualities and mental toughness to lead this team to a win in the last game of the season. If they prove they have it this year, we could win multiple cups. Why the hell would we trade them after they answered the last criticism of their game?

I doubt the Sedins would play anywhere else. They're having a slump. Same as Ovie...well, Ovie's is worse. This does not mean a decline. If they lead us to a cup win, it would further solidify them as Forever Canucks.

They are the Identity of the Canucks. You don't trade players like that. Hypethetically, no. In actuality, no.

I don't think one person has said yes, so OP this should give you an idea of how idiotic your question is.

I can't believe you'd want to trade away our 2 franchise players who've done so much on the ice and off the ice. That'd be defaming to the Canucks organization and I'm sure most players wouldn't look at it as the same. Luckily you don't run the team, and you never will aside from playing NHL 12.

No.

However, if the Nucks exit early and the Sedins are inneffective in the playoffs then perhaps. I mean in this scenario and If MG could somehow get 2 of Nash, Perry or Parise you don't think he'd think about it?

THe Sedins are pure class and I hope they retire here but because they get it done post-season, not just because they're great guys. THe jury is still out on whether they can.

Archived