* Not many other goaltenders would happily split games with a starter for that long... we are lucky!
Anyways, remember how everyone here loved Cody Hodgson and vowed that if the Canucks traded him he better bring in a legit superstar.
^ 90% of us were CoHo fans, 10% weren't
Now that number has changed to 40% CoHo, 60% not (I'm being generous with my assumption).
Remember all of this...
- "CoHo is our savoir"
- " ....you trade CoHo, you trade our future..."
- "Hodgson is the second coming of Linden"
- "Cody Hodgson shall be a Canuck for life"
- "Hodgson isn't going anywhere unless a superstar is coming back"
- "If Hodgson can get 30 points in limited ice-time, imagine what he can do with Hopkin minutes"
- "ZOMGZ CODY GODSON!!!!111..."
^ Just some of the things that many of us said.
Now it's all about this...
- "Cody Who?"
- "Hodgson and his politician dad..."
- "Cody Hodgson Sucks!!!111"
- "Hodgson doesn't know how to be a rookie"
- "Hodgson is egocentric"
- "Cody didn't fit in..."
- "Cody is a cancer"
- "Cody's dad walked into the locker room..."
- "Hodgson is a punk..."
^ Just some of the things that many of us now say...
The Hodgson rumors may be true and I respect that people have their own opinions, etc. but a shift like this is just embarrassing.
One day everyone was on his bandwagon, the next day they hoped off.
* I know this is CDC, but we can't be that bad...(yes, we can).
Days before the deadline, none of us were in favor of trading Hodgson to any team for anything less of a superstar. After, the trade the city of Vancouver was raging but once they found out about who Kassian is and these rumors...opinions changed overnight.
* It's funny how Kassian is not even close to being a superstar (he is full of potential like Hodgson) and for some reason everyone is in love with him. Nothing against Kassian (I believe he can become something , but he is a bit of a risk, either a Milan Lucic/Todd Bertuzzi/Chris Stewart or a Steve Bernier/Taylor Pyatt/Dustin Penner).
^ That's not the point of this thread though.
The point is that I wonder what will happen when Cory Schneider leaves town. Like I said, he most likely won't want to be a back-up for much longer... and if rumors come out (they might as he would probably request a trade) what will happen to him.
We took Cody Hodgson under our wings for the last 4 years and had Schneider under us for about 3 (he wasn't "popular" till after) and we already began to thrash one so will the other receive equal or greater hate? I think so, we flipped on a prized rookie so quick.
* Don't lock, it's the truth.
* BTW , Cory Schneider does not suck, it's just a title
* THIS ISN'T A CODY VS. KASSIAN THREAD, I'M JUST USING THEM AS REFERENCES AS A SIMILAR SITUATION MAY ARISE IN JUNE/JULY.
Edited by The Brown Burrows, 05 March 2012 - 02:47 PM.