The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reasons for Why Canucks Are Hated Around the NHL

bass19

Irony.............you find it all over these boards. :picard:

NO ONE!.........NO ONE! hates the Canucks more than the "fans" on these boards. It is so pathetic to read about how this one and that one hates us..............it is laughable, because nobody does a number on this team and it's players like we do.

Ask any Albertan and it is the weather.

Ask a prairie boy and it is the weather.

Ask an Ontarioan and it is the weather.

The secret love of beautiful B.C. and the Canucks are just part and parcel of the jealousy and secret desire to leave their crappy lives in nowhere Canada and enter paradise.

Irony.............you find it all over these boards. :picard:

NO ONE!.........NO ONE! hates the Canucks more than the "fans" on these boards. It is so pathetic to read about how this one and that one hates us..............it is laughable, because nobody does a number on this team and it's players like we do.

It's because we've been in the spotlight for a while now. All teams have dirty players, mouthy players, pests, etc. But when your team is under the microscope and in the spotlight as we have been, people notice it a lot more. So apparently we are the dirtiest team in the league according to some, when even a cursory glance around the NHL reveals the same behaviours, if not worse, on every other team. I mean, take even the most outlandish thing, the Burrows bite, and you find that Savard on the very same team whining about it (BOSTON!) got in trouble for biting players twice!

It also has to do with the fact that our franchise has little respect. Original Six teams can get away with a lot more because people respect the tradition and history of these clubs. We've still got a lot to prove.

People always hate the best. Look at Crosby and Ovechkin. Two of the best players in the league and these guys have more people that hate them then anyone else.

To quote Taylor Swift, "People throw rocks at things that shine."

Shutup Taylor Swift is awesome.

It's because we've been in the spotlight for a while now. All teams have dirty players, mouthy players, pests, etc. But when your team is under the microscope and in the spotlight as we have been, people notice it a lot more. So apparently we are the dirtiest team in the league according to some, when even a cursory glance around the NHL reveals the same behaviours, if not worse, on every other team. I mean, take even the most outlandish thing, the Burrows bite, and you find that Savard on the very same team whining about it (BOSTON!) got in trouble for biting players twice!

It also has to do with the fact that our franchise has little respect. Original Six teams can get away with a lot more because people respect the tradition and history of these clubs. We've still got a lot to prove.

I don't think the Sedins generate much of a reaction one way or the other around the league. And is amazing how poorly the Sedins do in all-star voting. I am guessing they set a record for fewest all-star votes for defending Art Ross and MVP trophy winners. People have nothing against them; they just do not generate much of a positive following (outside of BC and Sweden).

Ask any Albertan and it is the weather.

Ask a prairie boy and it is the weather.

Ask an Ontarioan and it is the weather.

The secret love of beautiful B.C. and the Canucks are just part and parcel of the jealousy and secret desire to leave their crappy lives in nowhere Canada and enter paradise.

People don't like Vancouver because Vancouverites are smug...honestly. I moved to Toronto two years ago, and have heard a lot of people talk about west coasters being cocky. Being from Van, naturally I think it's the most beautiful city in the country, and I hate the cold. But, have you ever been to Quebec City? Halifax? St John's? All beautiful places in their own right. Experienced Montreal's night life? WInnipeg's arts? Toronto's diversity? Way better than Van in those respects.

Ok, Edmonton and Calgary are ugly and boring, but almost every place has something to appreciate, you just have to look for it.

Archived