The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reasons for Why Canucks Are Hated Around the NHL

bass19

toews is a serious guy on and off the ice but you can tell he knows its just a game , theres a respect between the canucks and hawks , there goons are all on other teams now from the past

i dont think lucic is man enough to even shake one of the canucks hands let alone chat it up with them

seems like a thick headed loser

I don't understand why people think that this hate is somehow a new thing that only applies to this team.

This goes back to the WCE days when our high powered offence was running roughshot on the rest of the league. And don't forget, this was a team that featured Matt Cooke and Jarko Ruutu. Two of the most annoying pests and cheapshot artists in the league.

The hate is not new, it's been strong for a while.

We have all those Stanley cups to show for it no? Other than the players we have on our team like lapierre, kesler, burrows, bieksa and luongo, we are hated due to comments from our fan base about how we are so good and acting like we have already won the cup. We need to win a cup first.

LOL.

You can read his mind by the expression on his face.

But it's funny cause I remember 3 separate videos from that event where Toews was standing around talking to the Canuck players. He could have talked to anybody at that event, but he was seen hanging out with the Canucks. Maybe a love-hate relationship? :)

Hey everybody,

I'm doing a project for my class at Douglas College and it is about the hatred towards the Canucks and us as fans.

I'm wondering what you all think are the main reasons we are hated.

If you can help me out by replying with your top 3 reasons why we are hated that would be so helpful.

Thank you all who respond.

I love our Canucks, but polled a few prairie rednecks toge their neanderthal opinions. Here we go ...

the Top Ten Reason for Why Canucks are hated ...

#10 ... Gillis whining about the refereeing (and getting results) "we got 58.2% of the penalties in game 5, bla bla bla".

#9 ... Burroughs and Lapierre

#8 ... diving like brazilian soccer players (stole that one from the Don Cherry story on CBC) trying to draw penalties. Sickening.

#7 ... the fans. Can you say "riot"?? Embarrasment! (I thought this one would rate higher)

#6 ... Kesler and his comments re: Canadians at the olympics. (feel free to substitute "Canadians" with "his teammate Luongo. No class.

#5 ... they are good. Nobody wastes much time hating a loser.

#4 ... Burroughs and Lapierre (and Kesler again)

#3 ... Hughson - A more blatant homer commentator there has never been. The only reason he has gotten away with it this long is because everyone has gone to bed by the time the 'nucks game is on.

#2 ... Luongo ... the most overrated and underacheiving goalie in the league. "Tim Thomas didn't give me any compliments after the last game - whaaaa" Sickening.

#1 ... Burroughs. "the ref is out to get me, he threatened me, whaaaaa"

I love our Canucks, but polled a few prairie rednecks toge their neanderthal opinions. Here we go ...

#10 ... Gillis whining about the refereeing (and getting results) "we got 58.2% of the penalties in game 5, bla bla bla".

#8 ... diving like brazilian soccer players (stole that one from the Don Cherry story on CBC) trying to draw penalties. Sickening.

#7 ... the fans. Can you say "riot"?? Embarrasment! (I thought this one would rate higher)

#6 ... Kesler and his comments re: Canadians at the olympics. (feel free to substitute "Canadians" with "his teammate Luongo. No class.

#3 ... Hughson - A more blatant homer commentator there has never been. The only reason he has gotten away with it this long is because everyone has gone to bed by the time the 'nucks game is on.

#2 ... Luongo ... the most overrated and underacheiving goalie in the league. "Tim Thomas didn't give me any compliments after the last game - whaaaa" Sickening.

Archived