The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Angry Nhl Clubs Ganging Up On Hnic, Cbc

Tystick

A million times better IMO. Better analysts, better pbp and colour commentators, more credible panel, better intermission features, and far less bias than HNIC.

CBC HNIC may be branded as a Canadian tradition but that's the only card they have to play. Traditions can change and I personally would embrace TSN HNIC with open arms

Don Cherry is an icon but some of us watch that show not to have to hear about his personal vendettas and barbaric views. We want unbiased opinions about what is going on in the NHL. No one better to provide that view than Bob McKenzie IMO

Hold on,

Center Ice blacks out local teams games when the leafs are playing? Is this just a Saturday HNIC thing, or does it occur every time one of Ott/Mtl share a timeslot with Toronto regardless of day and network?

I thought it was bad enough, yet understandable, when local Canucks games would be blacked out on CI when a game was PPV on Canucks TV years back, but blacking out to assist ratings in a nationally televised game...

That is horseshot. I'm pissed for you.

Ron and Don have a job to do.

Ron's is to make sure Don doesn't ramble and get off topic.

Don's is to treat Ron like a tool.

It's always been like this. If people don't like what they have to say, they can can change the channel and watch the clowns on TSN instead.

What I find very interesting (and not many fans have recognized it), is that Don has become less of a Canucks hater over the last couple seasons. Hell, he even predicted a Canucks cup last season over his precious Bruins. Shows he's lost his faith in them a bit.

As for Ron, that guys been a Canucks hater from day one. The more Don cuts him off, the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzP1dr7tAqw

My all-star broadcast team would be:

- Cabbie as interviewer

- Doc Emrick as announcer

- John Garrett as colour man

- Any four of Tim McCallef, Sid Sixierio, Evanka Osmak, Don Taylor and Garry Valk as pre-game, intermission & post-game show

Analysis should be kept simple and the game should be kept fun. They should try to follow in the footsteps of the NBA on TNT. Right now I'm not having much fun watching hockey. The game itself has gone back to dead puck and the analysis is overwhelming. Ever since Crosby got taken out and Ovechkin lost his passion the game has lost its way.

My all-star broadcast team would be:

- Cabbie as interviewer

- Doc Emrick as announcer

- John Garrett as colour man

- Any four of Tim McCallef, Sid Sixierio, Evanka Osmak, Don Taylor and Garry Valk as pre-game, intermission & post-game show

Analysis should be kept simple and the game should be kept fun. They should try to follow in the footsteps of the NBA on TNT. Right now I'm not having much fun watching hockey. The game itself has gone back to dead puck and the analysis is overwhelming. Ever since Crosby got taken out and Ovechkin lost his passion the game has lost its way.

TIP** if you have a PVR, you can pause a few seconds and sync it with internet/radio voiceover

forget Ron and Don - I love John and John

the CBC sold their song

and it's not like they have replacement parts for the Ron and Don's sideshow either

I agree with Shift4 - there is literally nothing enjoyable about HNIC other than the hockey itself

and it is not just dodo's corner - which remarkably, seems to have gotten even more insular and arrogant - and has lost even their own internal dynamic of banter/back and forth - Ron has become embarrasssingly deferential to Don

but PJ Stock? I don't want to listen to PJ Stock any more than I do Ron and Don.

not to mention how terrible Mark Lee's screaming pbp is...

complete mute-out of the CBC for me thanks

I developed a hate for Ron after seeing a lot of his anti Canuck bias over the last couple years. It is clear he doesn't like our team, not just Burrows.

Very unprofessional and classless. Ron is supposed to be the voice of fairness between the two and somehow that got lost when it comes to the Canucks

He had it coming. Losing around 1000000 viewers hurts too. Sorry Don, you pissed a lot of Canuck fans. Were not stupid, we don't live in Caves, we know bias when we see it. most epic comment by Don Cherry,

"Ontarios' Toronto Maple Leafs."

I don't even bother with Coaches corner anymore. He had it coming. He needs to focus more on the NHL then the Maple Leafs. Teh fact he keeps blasing Burke shows that he cares too much about the Leafs. It's like us. WE blast Luongo, Sedins, Gillis A.V because we care too much about the CAnucks. He makes it too obvious sometimes.

All I can say is "be careful what you wish for". If Ron and Don go, it seems likely that HNIC would replace them with someone else just as opinionated. The fact that Mike Milbury continues to get face time seems to bear this out, even though his embarrassing rant on the CBA negotiations had Ronnie rolling his eyes, while Eliotte could barely keep from laughing out loud.

While it's true that Ron and Don don't do much in the way of in depth hockey analysis, there's a reason for that: It's not what they're there for. Their schtick is entertainment/comic relief in the guise of hockey discussion and judging by how long a run they've had, it's been a very successful formula.

BTW: I really don't understand this "I want some real hockey analysis" stuff.

Really? Is that what you want? The 500 or so other intermission "analysis" features don't cover it for you?

I love CBC and everything about it. It is THREE moves away from shining bright once again

1st - Fire Mike Milbury

2nd- Move Coach's Corner to second intermission

3rd- Stop the Maple Leafs bias

Optional- Make Kevin Bieksa a regular on the After Hours feature

MIght as well end the show. It's not like we cbc will die without it. The main theme is the game itself. It's like any of us are watching. They are entitled to their opponion, however it's getting tiring, when he's going on rambling about the Leafs. Majority of the people who watch it, are not Leafs fans. Europeans are great players. For all I know, Kesler will be god like if he was from Canada.

All I can say is "be careful what you wish for". If Ron and Don go, it seems likely that HNIC would replace them with someone else just as opinionated. The fact that Mike Milbury continues to get face time seems to bear this out, even though his embarrassing rant on the CBA negotiations had Ronnie rolling his eyes, while Eliotte could barely keep from laughing out loud.

While it's true that Ron and Don don't do much in the way of in depth hockey analysis, there's a reason for that: It's not what they're there for. Their schtick is entertainment/comic relief in the guise of hockey discussion and judging by how long a run they've had, it's been a very successful formula.

BTW: I really don't understand this "I want some real hockey analysis" stuff.

Really? Is that what you want? The 500 or so other intermission "analysis" features don't cover it for you?

Archived