The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Angry Nhl Clubs Ganging Up On Hnic, Cbc

Tystick

TIP** if you have a PVR, you can pause a few seconds and sync it with internet/radio voiceover

forget Ron and Don - I love John and John

the CBC sold their song

and it's not like they have replacement parts for the Ron and Don's sideshow either

I agree with Shift4 - there is literally nothing enjoyable about HNIC other than the hockey itself

and it is not just dodo's corner - which remarkably, seems to have gotten even more insular and arrogant - and has lost even their own internal dynamic of banter/back and forth - Ron has become embarrasssingly deferential to Don

but PJ Stock? I don't want to listen to PJ Stock any more than I do Ron and Don.

not to mention how terrible Mark Lee's screaming pbp is...

complete mute-out of the CBC for me thanks

Be careful with this common sense, you're gonna get booed out of town.

Everyone is entitled an opinion, but personally, I love Grapes. Seems odd to me that Burke would point fingers re: "deteriorating standards" ... if anything, I would think that the Leafs org should encourage others to acheive LOW standards so that their complete ineffectiveness doesn't stand out so badly. As for Grapes giving our Canucks a hard time, what do we expect?? We have an abundance of soft swedes and the kind of frenchies that most westerners love to hate. Take it with a grain of salt ... Don doesn't hate Vancouver, just a few of our beloved Canucks.

Oldnews, I have to take exception to some of your post.

#1, CBC didn't sell the song - they never owned it, just chose not to pay the rent when it went up.

#2, "insular" - I am going to look that word up and get back to you with a real zinger.

#3, I thought "PJ Stock" was fabric used to make sleeping attire. (usually flannel with dinosaurs or superheros)

Fact is if you don't love Don Cherry, you aren't a true Canadian. Cherry haters are all communists and sexual deviants, bent on ruining Canada's most precious natural resource - hockey. Now that Harper has a majority, hopefully he will use it for good, like ending gun registration, longer prison terms for sex offenders and deporting Don Cherry opposers. (note: all three of these topics are closely related).

Go Canuucks!!

Please for the love of god let TSN have our broadcasting rights for the Playoffs. I want to throw up at the sound of Simpson, Maclean, Hrudey, and Healey's voices.

Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert are two of the best. Ferraro and Panger are also very good and not annoying between the benches like Healey.

I think this should be the solution for people you simply don't like, they die by getting by a bus.

Forget their families, actually no how about we have their families watch it happen?

Or maybe we can have it as a PPV event?

:picard:

While you may have been sarcastic, exaggerating or just plain dumb when typing your above statement it says a lot more about you than it does Ron & Don.

Ron McLean sided with Augier only because he was a ref. His reasoning behind defending him was because 'he was a good guy, and an NHL ref, could never abuse their power'. Right, because no one in the history of earth has abused their power.

There was evidence of it, FFS.

As much as I hate it sometimes, Coaches Corner is usually the peak of the ratings for the 1 game on HNIC. People watch.

Hockey Night, will soon be on CTV anyways. CTV has long anticipated, they even bought the old HNIC theme, in anticipation(and to let TSN use).

Archived