The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pubs For Decent Conversation In Vancouver?

YaK

I like Steamworks for that.

Yaletown brew pub is good early in the afternoon. After that it gets very loud and, well... annoying.

I hear the Fountainhead on Davie is good too.

I do hate how all the pubs (and a lot of restaurants) play music that is way too loud.

A jazz lounge sounds stupid, my jazz teacher in elementary school literally had no friends and played the saxophone at our dumb talent shows and we all had to sit and watch him go on for 10 minutes because it was the only thing he was good at in life. His kid was bullied to because of this and we became friends and I went to his house and his dad tried to be friendly with me but then was mean to me in school in front of other kids. So my opinion of jazz music and the people who play it is a 0 out of 10 and would rather be shot in the face than go to a jazz club, if there even is such a thing I can't imagine anyone going to one on a Friday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Some decent suggestions there; I'll have to try a few of them. I went to the Railway Club last night and though the main room was ridiculously loud with a live band the back room wasn't too, too bad (though still a little tough to carry on a conversation).

Still looking for that perfect place...

Steamworks or the Lennox are two good places. Note that the Lennox has an upstairs, so if the bottom area looks full, go up the stairs and you will be surprised to find more tables. The place always looks packed, and yet I haven't failed to find somewhere to sit within a couple minutes.

The Cove, which used to be Jeremiah's and Jerry's Cove, on 4th and Alma is a great place. I used to live there from '88 to '91! Great food, great to watch a game and friendly people. I go here every time I visit Vancouver. Can sometimes get loud with UBC students, but, Sunday to Thursday is usually pretty chill. It's only a 15 minute # 7 west away from downtown.

:towel::canucks:

The Cove, which used to be Jeremiah's and Jerry's Cove, on 4th and Alma is a great place. I used to live there from '88 to '91! Great food, great to watch a game and friendly people. I go here every time I visit Vancouver. Can sometimes get loud with UBC students, but, Sunday to Thursday is usually pretty chill. It's only a 15 minute # 7 west away from downtown.

:towel::canucks:

Archived