The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Friesen

Bodee

What kind of player do we have here.

2011-12 Regular Season Niagara IceDogs 59 23 44 67 36 104

He seems to be a fairly prolific scorer and also seems to be a centre who likes to put himself about with PIM of 104 (almost double the next highest in the team) The boy seems fairly driven.......in the mould of RR37 perhaps.

At age 21 and 5'-10" @ 186lbs he has probably room for some physical growth. A +/- of 36 is good in anyones book and I just wonder if we may see him up with Jensen in Chicago next year.

Not a high draft at 6th round but we might have a real prospect here if he maintains his focus. Both he and Jensen are bound to eventually start to put pressure on Schroeder imo

Coming from/ living in Scotland and fairly late into the NHL and the various levels below, perhaps the more knowledgable amongst you could enlighten me on this player's early potential.

Good player, but limited chances at the NHL. Might turn into a good two way 3rd line center, but doesn't project much higher than that. He might surprise, but I think we have better options in the system, like Joseph Labate on the 3rd and Mats Froshaug centering the 4th, as both have more size for a bottom six role.

Good player, but limited chances at the NHL. Might turn into a good two way 3rd line center, but doesn't project much higher than that. He might surprise, but I think we have better options in the system, like Joseph Labate on the 3rd and Mats Froshaug centering the 4th, as both have more size for a bottom six role.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

by "massive" hits (in elvis15's post) he's not talking about Brad Marchand submarine style on Salo massive right? Hoping more of the Dustin Brown/ Cal Clutterbuck knock you down but play clean style? I'd really like it if he (or any of the other big centers we have) can pan out to be a Mike Richards for us-- edgy, can score and is clutch.

He'll probably never even get a real crack at our line-up, maybe get a few games as a call-up.

As an overager, 67 points is really nothing special, players who never amounted to anything more than career AHLers put up much better overage seasons than Friesen did.

His physical edge make give him a chance, but the rest of his game simply isnt NHL calibre.

by "massive" hits (in elvis15's post) he's not talking about Brad Marchand submarine style on Salo massive right? Hoping more of the Dustin Brown/ Cal Clutterbuck knock you down but play clean style? I'd really like it if he (or any of the other big centers we have) can pan out to be a Mike Richards for us-- edgy, can score and is clutch.

Archived