The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Cbj Looking To Deal 1St 2012

That is assuming we can't move Luongo. Then yeah, I'd take that deal. IF we can move Lu for a good package, then no, I won't do that deal. Also, I would try and get F. Forsberg not Grigorenko, because Grigo doesn't seem to have the right character.

you never know how draft picks will pan out. Even with a high pick the players could not make a big impact or even end up playing in the KHL, or Sweden, etc.

There is always a risk with draft picks, but with a high one there can be a big reward.

Trading away their first and getting a player that is already established may not be the worst idea. They could try and get a young guy that is bound to break through soon.

you never know how draft picks will pan out. Even with a high pick the players could not make a big impact or even end up playing in the KHL, or Sweden, etc.

There is always a risk with draft picks, but with a high one there can be a big reward.

Trading away their first and getting a player that is already established may not be the worst idea. They could try and get a young guy that is bound to break through soon.

Drafting a defenceman in the top 3 is a horrible idea. More often then not they end up not reaching their potential.

The thing is, it's a much bigger leap for defencemen to translate their game from junior to the the NHL, then it is for a forward to translate their game. Always go with the forward.

Drafting a defenceman in the top 3 is a horrible idea. More often then not they end up not reaching their potential.

The thing is, it's a much bigger leap for defencemen to translate their game from junior to the the NHL, then it is for a forward to translate their game. Always go with the forward.

I think after the Carter trade the Jackets want to keep their high picks. Lou's salary is 6.714 for six years, the cap hit is 5.3 for the next ten... His best years are behind him and the contract has a significant effect on the return...

I made a thread on here more than a year ago about Grigo. This is before he came over to play in Canada. I said at the time that in the long run Grigo IMO would be better than Yakupov. I still believe that. Forsberg is going to be a great player as well but I would take Grigo 1st overall if it was my choice.

Luongo is not only moveable he will bring back a significant return. His contract in reality is 6 more years at 5.3 caphit and 6.7 salary. Thats a pretty good contract for a goalie of Luongo's calibre.

Edit ,, there is nothing wrong about Grigo's character. He played under Patrick Roy the past year. I grew up watching Roy, no way Roy keeps him on his team if something wrong.

Archived